Word Zones
This is a word game about precisely building words to score points. You will work together to build words that score precisely the amount of points set beforehand by the first poster, who also chooses the category of the word. For example, the first poster to this thread must choose a category, which can be anything so long as it's not too broad. He or she also sets a precise goal in points, which gives everyone the goal to build and finalize a word that scores exactly this amount of points. Words, once finalized when someone posts "final" below the current word, score points according to the point values assigned to each letter as shown below. The final points you receive for the word is the value of the goal minus how far off the word's value is from that goal. So, if the goal is 15 pts. and you score 10 pts. for the word, then you'll have scored only 10 pts. (15 pts. - 5 pts.). The only way to maximize points is to thus hit the goal precisely so you don't lose any points.

So, the game works pretty simply even though I had to explain that. The first poster starts by picking any category that comes to mind and a goal in points (e.g. "aquatic animals, 10 pts."). The next poster will start the word by picking its first letter, and the next poster will add on the next letter to the word, and so on. At some point, you'll either be stuck or close enough to want to finalize the word. Type "final" below the finished word to have the points added (I'll update the main post periodically when I'm on). After a finalized word, the process repeats - the next poster chooses a category and goal, followed by the next poster who starts the word off by posting its first letter. The most important rule is that you can never say what word you're thinking of or want to build; you can only post one-letter additions until the word is finalized, which is when someone types "final" below the word being built.

Scoring (pts.):

E, A - 1
R, I - 2
O, T, N - 3
S, L, C - 4
U, D - 5
P, M, H - 6
G, B, F - 7
W, K, V, Y - 8
X, Z - 9
J, Q - 10

Zone 1: Somewhere Missing
25 pts. to Zone 2
[Image: dark_room_2_by_bavometh_d20a4d5-pre.jpg?...OGPle9NxTo]
Pr2 sets, 13 pts
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Stxtics For This Useful Post:
  • Ruleaus
(6th April 2019, 5:54 PM)Stxtics Wrote: Pr2 sets, 13 pts

The first letter...

Next poster builds on that. I'm not too familiar with the sets, so I hope that can lead to close to 13 pts.
r
á
o
c
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
o
d

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
Crocodi

(try to put the entire word thus far plus your added letter)
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ruleaus For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
Crocodil
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
Crocodile
finalise (idk if I do this or next poster if they want)
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Ruleaus
The word has been finalized, so now we score points. Sorry, I messed up with the scoring rules a bit. The way it should've been written is that we score the value of the goal minus how far off the value of our word is from the goal. The goal, set by Stxtics, was 13 pts. We scored 28 pts. for "crocodile." We were off by 15 pts. So, 13 pts. subtract 15 pts. brings us to zero (can't score negative).

We score nothing for this word, lol, but that's okay. I think we get the process now. The challenge is in hitting the goal. So, the next word will begin when the next poster sets the next goal and chooses the next category.
Pr2 hats, 17 pts
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
prop

FINALIZE

is an abbreviation that we all use as well as the previous word that was CROC,

NOT USING ABBREVIATIONS should be a rule
(7th April 2019, 3:50 PM)morning666star Wrote: prop

FINALIZE

is an abbreviation that we all use as well as the previous word that was CROC,

NOT USING ABBREVIATIONS should be a rule

I'm FAIRLY sure that "prop" is not exactly a letter, lol
If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to TRUC For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(7th April 2019, 4:57 PM)TRUC Wrote: I'm FAIRLY sure that "prop" is not exactly a letter, lol

[Image: 2BDqn6S.png]
You have to add one letter at a time. Start again, adding only one letter.

Keep adding letters post by post until one person decides to finalize the word that's been made.
PR2 hats, 40 points

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
J
á
I