Write something about yourself
Original by ProClifo over on AF http://forums.acidch.at/showthread.php?tid=7217 and it's pretty cool over there so I thought I'd bring it here too

Hey Big Grin
        You may know me as Camer999 as I went by that for about a decade until last month where I changed it to Camer the Cola Dragon which is now my name online (Apart from here, I don't even know if this site lets you have names that long lol). I joined PR2 in July 2009 (I forget which day exactly, I think it was either the 4th, 11th or 14th) after one of my friends at school told me about it. Over the Summer of 2009 I played PR2 a lot with my friends but after that they mostly left apart from one of my friends who played longer (Until ~2011/2012, you'll know him as Chma). I played PR2 loads on Kong until 2011 when I played it on JV as I was curious as to what the "Jiggmin.com" bit in the opening was and I liked it better on JV as there weren't a million ads slowing it down like on Kong... I saw JV at this time but didn't join as you needed to be 13 so I kinda forgot about the forum section until the end of the summer in 2013 where I joined on the 2nd of September 2013.
        At this point I started to play PR2 less (not every day) because of the diminishing activity, although I'd still play semi-regularly. I didn't really know what to use as an avatar so I just used smiley faces since I loved using the smilies and still do Tongue I started to play PR2 less and less due to the really low player count and was sad about it Frown I stayed on JV though as I liked it, but I still remember going on JV on the 30th of July 2015 at around midday and it not connecting, I thought it was a temporary issue but as more time passed I realised that JV had, without warning, gone down forever. That's when I stopped playing PR2 as I didn't want to play it on Kong and knowing JV died I thought it'd only be a matter of time before PR2 followed, especially with the low player count :'(
        About a week or two after JV died, I really fortunately remembered someone once mentioning a subreddit of JV (I forget who or where), so I made a reddit account (I knew what reddit was before this since polandball). When I saw the post mentioning Acid Forums I joined because I didn't like the fact that the communication between people I semi-knew online and liked talking to and me was just cutoff without any warning and I wanted to be on a forum site with the people I knew before Big Grin 
        Because the activity on AF started to go a bit I wasn't coming on as frequently (and after I went to uni I didn't come on at all). This was in September 2018. At this point I wasn't on JV, I wasn't on PR2 and I wasn't on AF and so I thought I'd never really see it again Frown I was kinda sad that most online stuff from before was gone. I came back on AF for a bit over the Christmas holidays but I didn't really feel it as it was literally just the MPT and the no SSL was the final reason I was never gonna come back there.
        Around mid-January 2019 I was re-watching one of TumTum's videos: "Broken Jiggmin Games Gameplay" because I like that one it's pretty funny Tongue and I liked watching it maybe every few months for nostalgia. I looked in the comments and I saw one from "Ben Suchwow" who I remembered was bls1999, I wondered if he had any PR2 videos from a while ago and so I clicked his channel and there were recent ones! I didn't really pay any attention to what they were even so I didn't even notice that he was an admin or the new Motley Monday Revival videos. I just subscribed and turned on notifications and forgot about it.
        On the 11th of February 2019 I got a new notification, I get loads a day since I'm subbed to loads of channels but this one was different, it was bls who'd uploaded and it was "Motley Monday Revival 12 - Doing the Impossible". My first thought was "Woah! bls is making his own Motley Monday that's really cool!" my next were, "wait, what does he mean by doing the impossible and why is he making Motley Monday vids?" so I watched it and realised that he'd gotten PR2's code back and had updated it Big Grin I played PR2 again to see what it was like. It still had low player count but I hadn't played in 3-4 years so I wanted to try it again. The video from bls also made me realise there was this forum and a discord for PR2. The discord is why I still go on PR2 a lot, knowing even if there's a low player count there are still other people who love PR2 (and I hope Platform Racing Forever will come out and be popular or at least semi-popular). I also like the discord as it's most likely gonna be more reliable than a couple of forum sites, so if one or even both go down I still have discord to keep in touch with people Smile 
        One day on PR2 after I came back I got a PM (I think I was simming lmao). The PM was from someone saying they wanted me to come back to AF. I was kinda split whether to come back there, but knowing there were some people who wanted me back I came back (even with no SSL). That pretty much brings me to today, in March I changed my name on most sites from Camer999 to Camer the Cola Dragon.
        For the future I love that bls is reviving the old games, I did like futurism back when it first came out but I didn't really draw anything back then so I wasn't good at the making your own cool cards' pictures bit, so if/when bls revives it then it'll be cool to be able to make some actual cards I like, maybe some jokey MSPaint ones which I like drawing and also some of my fursona Tongue I hope Jiggmin makes a PR4 this time, in the form of Platform Racing Forever which seems to be a kind of PR2+ but not in flash which sounds really exciting Big Grin

IRL I'm 18, called Cameron (as you probably could've guessed from "Camer" lol, I'm not good at making names), from England and currently at 1st year in Uni doing Maths (I hope to go on and do a PhD after I get a degree). The only good colours are clashing bright colours and I like cola way too much Angel Usually for free time I watch YouTube, play PR2, randomly look at Wikipedia or chat either on here, discord or AF. I hate stuff like suits and posh shirts so I always just wear T-Shirts and Jogging bottoms Cool 
        I don't do sports myself and don't really watch them unless it's international sports (Country VS Country), then I'll watch basically any sport. The Olympics are my favourite as there's loads of different sports to watch over about a fortnight, even if it is sometimes on at annoying times in the morning, like last time in Rio I'd stay up till 5am each day and seeing as 2020 is in Tokyo I see some early mornings and early bedtimes coming haha
        My favourite game ever is PR2 due to both how fun it is and the nostalgia of 2009 when Derron and Carina would always be full so me and my friends would play on Fitz, as even Grayan would be full sometimes. My favourite character from a game has gotta be Asriel from Undertale Big Grin

There's probably more I could say, but I forget a lot of stuff sometimes Tongue I'll just edit it into this post if I do remember anything else Rolleyes
á
My name is Ashley.
I like to sing and play piano. I have a dog named Wubble and I've been playing PR2 since 2009. I took a break for a bit and came back last year. It's been a year since I've registered on JV2 and I can say that I've met a nice community with awesome members! That's all I have for now, but I can update later Big Grin
Copy and pasted from previous thread:

My name is Uptight 534 or Joseph (or Joe (slight preference since I am the definition of the average Joe, but I am pretty indifferent to either).

I joined the PR2 community in I think 2008 (I remember how I signed up, but not the specific date) at eleven (?) years old. I kind of bummed around the game, some Xat chats, free websites by PR2 players, and PR3Knights (or something like that). Early September 2010, I decided to join JV at the age of thirteen after remembering PR2 existed after ~6 months to a year of not playing and have stuck to the community since.

Currently I am twenty-one and living in the United States. I am in my third year at university studying aviation to become a professional pilot, as well as a minor in theatre (two complete opposites right there). For aviation, I hold a private pilot certificate and an instrument rating for airplanes in the "single-engine land" category. The next certificate I am working on is becoming a commercial pilot and then moving on to adding a multi-engine rating add on. My long-term goal is to become an airline pilot, preferably at a cargo airline, but I am open to anything such as a commuter airline, corporate, or crop dusting.

With the theatre, I work on the technical side of productions. I work in my school's scene shop building sets and also working with lighting (hanging lights, moving lights, wiring, etc.). I have considered acting, but I cannot make that commitment due to aviation.

Back on JV I guess I was "slightly" (huge emphasis) known as being one of the big sports guys. That kind of went away once I entered university due to my friend group, schoolwork, and my knees. I used to run a lot, but I now walk and cycle when I get my bike overhauled. I also dabble in tennis when I go home and the only sport I mainly follow is NASCAR.

Other miscellaneous hobbies include: Table Tennis, cooking, video games, "Dungeons & Dragons", and my love for parentheses (things I notice after proofreading).
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox
I'm Tad. I joined PR2 back in 2008 around the time I started middle school. I've been playing it on and off in the years since. I'm 21 now and spend most of my time making stuff. I do a lot of YouTube stuff as a side hobby, but I'm mostly drawing and writing. I do a weekly comic strip on tadiguess.com and also have some other more ambitious comics in the works. I also do a lot of abstract art and a lot of abstract Garfield drawing (don't ask lol
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to tadtad For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox