PR2 v155: Artifact Fairness
This update provides fairer mechanics for winning the artifact prizes.

Changes/Additions
- New artifact mechanics
- Changed the Jigg Hat obtain message in part listing from part popup

Fixes
- Hopefully fixes random disconnects (increased time needed before socket server timeout)
- Context (right-click) menu is now correctly hidden

Here are the new mechanics for obtaining the artifact first:
- If the first finder doesn't have bubbles, then they get the bubbles as normal
- If the first finder has bubbles, the finder gets 10,000 EXP as a consolation prize
- If the artifact has already been found but the bubbles haven't been claimed, the bubbles go to the first person to find the artifact that doesn't already have bubbles

This can't really be tested privately without affecting the public servers, so I just pushed this straight to the server and skipped the beta testing phase. If you encounter any problems, please let me know!

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, Chma, gemj, Janelle, Northadox, Shane1334
???NEW UPDATE???
Still, making an effort to find the artifact first makes me groan, though. I did it once, wouldn't want to do it again.
How is one supposed to discover the Jigg Hat without looking up its placement, anyways? I've forgotten the steps of the scavenger hunt...
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
(22nd April 2019, 9:36 PM)Northadox Wrote: ???NEW UPDATE???
Still, making an effort to find the artifact first makes me groan, though. I did it once, wouldn't want to do it again.
How is one supposed to discover the Jigg Hat without looking up its placement, anyways? I've forgotten the steps of the scavenger hunt...

If anyone else is interested in the Jigg Hat Quest back from early 2013, here's how it went:

1. Motley Monday - Ep. 10

In what appeared to be a pretty small update back when Motley Mondays first were a regular thing, Jiggmin first hinted at the existence of the Jigg Hat, suggested for Episode 9, in a showcasing video.

"Find where I hid it, and it's yours."

- Fred

1.5. Motley Monday - Ep. 11

In the 11th episode of Motley Monday, Jiggmin did not reveal much more of the Jigg Hat Quest, but instead threw us another mysterious outro.

"Did you see it? I'll meet you there."

If you look back in the second level where he demonstrates the new Heart Block, you can see weird text sticking out in the background. I do not remember exactly what it was, and it's not that important, but it would ultimately suggest a date and time to be on the old PR2 server Morgana, where the first artifact was set in Reality Engine by Mapleleaf. Everyone also got a PM to hint at the existence of a secret artifact.

Fun fact, it was only possible to find it on this server, and it did not give the bubble set (the bubble head was not released yet, and the bubble feet were not even an idea !). Also, the 2nd artifact location was hidden in Episode 13.

2. Newbieland 2 by Jiggmin

The real second hint to the Jigg Hat would be placed where everything began !

Jiggmin published a newer version of Newbieland 2, where small edits were made to the Fred lurking in the far background on the speed lane near the end of the level. A "(G.)" would now overlap the word "Giant", and and arrow would point to the added "i" in "seeing".

This hinted towards an account, Fred the G. Cactus.

3. Treasure Hunt by Fred the G. Cactus

Oh great, you found something interesting... but wait, there's a password on that level! What could it possibly be?
After a few tries, you could try "seeng" and it would work.

In this level, you are presented a remake of Buto from the original Platform Racing game, which is a hint in itself for a further step. But first, go to the pyramid near the end to find this odd text:

"The answer to life, the universe and everything"

With an arrow pointing down to "1,738,847"

4. Buto (EXACT) by ZePHiR

We all know that the Jigg Hat can be found in this level , but how did we get there?

First of all, the fact that Treasure Hunt was a copy of Buto, which like I said, was in itself a hint. But that does not seem quite enough to figure out where to go. This is where the number we found comes in handy.

To get the exact level, you'll need investigate a bit deeper into PR2's client mechanics. To put it very simply, when you enter a level, PR2 loads it from a text file that can be opened in your browser. You can see that happening if you use the "Network" tab when you inspect the page where you play PR2. This file contains a few information on the level, but most importantly, the level's ID number can be found directly in this link.

If you were to put 1,738,847 into such a link, you would get this file here.

Now, you might notice that it doesn't matter if you include the version of the level or not. Anyway, the 2 things we need are the user ID, and the level title

user_id=604105
title=Buto (EXACT)

From there on, there are a few ways to find the level, either by trial and error with the course name, or by using more PR2 file knowledge to find the user associated with this ID.

5. Getting the Jigg Hat!

Now that you are the level, just go to the pyramid we've found before, and wait until the timer reaches 42 seconds (more accurately 43-45, depends if you jump or whatever), and you will see the Jigg Hat fall through the gap between the two sides.

Just grab hit and finish the level to win and keep the Jigg Hat!
If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TRUC For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bart172, bls1999, Chma, gemj, Northadox, Shane1334
(22nd April 2019, 5:55 PM)bls1999 Wrote: - If the first finder has bubbles, the finder gets 10,000 EXP as a consolation prize

So does this mean they don't get their usual 30-40k exp and just get the 10k exp alone?
(24th April 2019, 1:53 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: So does this mean they don't get their usual 30-40k exp and just get the 10k exp alone?

no, it's a bonus 10k for finding it first
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Stxtics For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
I had just gotten the Artiefact (didn’t get this weeks) and I never received my exp
(27th April 2019, 12:17 AM)Addy Wrote: I had just gotten the Artiefact (didn’t get this weeks) and I never received my exp

Yeah it's broken for now idk why
á
(27th April 2019, 12:17 AM)Addy Wrote: I had just gotten the Artiefact (didn’t get this weeks) and I never received my exp

This is on my list for either tomorrow or Sunday. Sorry for the delay.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, Northadox
I liked the treasure-hunting aspect of getting the hat, but newbies cannot be expected to figure all this stuff out on their own..
[Image: 213.jpg]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Acno For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, gemj
(27th April 2019, 12:50 AM)bls1999 Wrote: This is on my list for either tomorrow or Sunday. Sorry for the delay.

I think it's still broken
á
(29th April 2019, 3:45 AM)Camer the Cola Dragon Wrote: I think it's still broken

Didn't get a chance to fix. I'll post when it is.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Camer the Dragon
What i don't seem to understand is how people keep finding the artifact with very few, and even zero, clues. To me this makes no sense, in addition to making it near impossible for others to obtain the Bubble Set. Does this happen through some form of hack? If not, would someone please explain to me how they manage to do this. I'm just very confused.
-Sincerely, Bamsemoms.
(4th January 2020, 8:38 AM)bamsemoms Wrote: What i don't seem to understand is how people keep finding the artifact with very few, and even zero, clues. To me this makes no sense, in addition to making it near impossible for others to obtain the Bubble Set. Does this happen through some form of hack? If not, would someone please explain to me how they manage to do this. I'm just very confused.
-Sincerely, Bamsemoms.

Some people have a list of lots of levels allegedly
and even past that, sometimes you can find it through a combination of a scrabble word finder or the sort and a bit of brute force
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • bamsemoms
Further changes to artifact mechanics are coming soon. Stay tuned.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, Fresh Cookies, John m.