Pixel Tool
Like brush tool but it's a pixel. Oh gosh please! It would make pixel art so much easier and in colour!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ranko Danko For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77, Ashley766, Battlealvin2009, Camer the Dragon, GI_John, Lego-man945, Mia, ~JBG~
yes please especially since size 1 brush doesn't work like this
á
I'd love this to happen! It could be like pixelplanet Smile
If I could have any of my suggestions added it would be this. PLEASE
I love this idea!
Frown 
@bls1999 please add this  Frown
I hate the small brush tool because of the blur it causes. It would be nice to have an alternative.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
I have a feeling this could harm existing levels
How so?
The problem with adding new brushes is I'd need to completely re-work the drawing system that's currently in PR2. As Justin said above, that has the potential to harm existing levels.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Lego-man945, Ranko Danko
wait ur size 1 brush doesn't already act like that?
i failed the mario twitter challenge
(25th November 2020, 6:55 PM)bls1999 Wrote: The problem with adding new brushes is I'd need to completely re-work the drawing system that's currently in PR2. As Justin said above, that has the potential to harm existing levels.
oh ok
(25th November 2020, 6:55 PM)bls1999 Wrote: The problem with adding new brushes is I'd need to completely re-work the drawing system that's currently in PR2. As Justin said above, that has the potential to harm existing levels.

Atm, PR2 brushes are cloned sprites right?
Could we possibly just add another sprite?
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  • Ranko Danko
(27th November 2020, 1:38 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: Atm, PR2 brushes are cloned sprites right?
Could we possibly just add another sprite?

I haven't done a ton of recon into the system, but it appears to use a literal circle graphic in the client code. That being said, there's no information about which brush (and related settings) to use included in the PR2 level code since it's been just the one since 2008. So, I'd not only have to make a whole new level saving format (m4 for anyone acquainted w/ the many PR2 level saving/loading formats there have been over the years), I'd have to include a notation for new brushes. Slightly modifying the existing code is fine (I would have to do this for custom item blocks), but creating a whole new system to check for brush types could prove to be problematic.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Lego-man945
(27th November 2020, 3:22 PM)bls1999 Wrote: I haven't done a ton of recon into the system, but it appears to use a literal circle graphic in the client code. That being said, there's no information about which brush (and related settings) to use included in the PR2 level code since it's been just the one since 2008. So, I'd not only have to make a whole new level saving format (m4 for anyone acquainted w/ the many PR2 level saving/loading formats there have been over the years), I'd have to include a notation for new brushes. Slightly modifying the existing code is fine (I would have to do this for custom item blocks), but creating a whole new system to check for brush types could prove to be problematic.
A block that you can set colour and you can noclip through
Hi everyone,

I'm super interested in making pixel art, but micro-scale art has always been a real pain in PR2. The size 1 tool isn't very well-behaved (it's predictable at least, just a bit hard to use for pixel art). It's because it's still treated like a circle that the game is trying to squish into a pixel, which causes unwanted transparency and thickness. Size 2 onwards doesn't have this problem.

What I would love is a separate tool that is a square pen of size 1, which strictly checks which pixel of art your cursor is over and only fills in that pixel. In the larger picture, a general square tool could be put under the circle tool. (as long as size 1 acts like suggested I'm happy!) Since this is a sort of niche request, having a button dedicated to a square tool instead of just adding a pixel-by-pixel tool seems like a more reasonable addition.

I know that PR2 art and blocks are a little wacky with transparency (hence the eye dropper suggestion someone else talked about recently) but I don't have a problem with that at all. That shouldn't be messed with anyway, imo

Thanks for reading,
-SW8
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SamWhop8 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Stunt
This'd be great yeah
á