Time we work together
I just noticed this post is over a year old, I actually thought it was super relevant given the current situation. I'm not sure what specifically to add, I think the main concern is the distance between staff and community members. We'd like to work more together, as it has already been mentioned.

I think you guys are doing good in alot of aspects, but it's mainly things that are going on behind the scenes that we don't see, and therefore you end up mainly receiving criticism for the things we do see.

If there's anything to add to this discussion, in an ideal world I see a bond between the staff and members where we can play together and host contests independently without requiring staff supervision, given that we don't have a history of scamming and cheating (general rule breaking).

I see a bond where, although you, the staff members, have the powers to ban and mute people, we are still very equal in terms of what we can and can't do. That's how I believe a smaller community like ours should be ran, and how I personally run my server dedicated to PR2. I think you should be free to have your own opinions of everyone, and not even necessarily treat us equally, but let's make the community "us" instead of "members & staff".
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tejs For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3, Ashley766, Athena, ExplosionZ, Fresh Cookies, gemj, Janelle, thique
Wow. @Tejs couldn't have said it better. Make the community more "us." After all, we are such a small community and our input should be valued likewise. The staff are doing a good job in some areas but there are some things that should be reviewed more carefully.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • Athena, Tejs
There's many things that need to be improved with staff, and I will agree with anyone who says that, yes we do make mistakes and sometimes depending on a persons mood can make a tiny situation go into something big, but one thing that needs to stop is feeling the need to get involved in a situation that you have no idea about. There have been many times where something has occurred and (I'm not naming names) certain people have tried to get themselves involved, and then cause a problem shouting out staff at how corrupt they are. I personally am happy to explain what just happened. If we are talking about working together then some of this childish behaviour needs to stop also, on both our sides, trying to call out staff for a warning trying to claim your innocence when even a potato could see the reason behind it. None of us are perfect here and a lot needs to be improved on. If you've managed to read this far in, this is also me announcing my retirement as staff. Not for any pr2 related issues, but personal. Feel free to message me to ask if you feel the need too.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to a7x3 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Athena, Dangevin, ExplosionZ, Fresh Cookies, Janelle, thique
(9th June 2019, 8:04 PM)gemj Wrote: can't we all just live in peace? this is all over an 11 year old flash game for Christ's sake
Seeing as how PRF might be coming out in the future, we should fix things with the community before we get more visitors. The issues being brought up don't just apply to PR2, but this forum and community as well.
Dangevin
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dangevin For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Fresh Cookies, gemj, Janelle
New constaction is to make me an mod
Yemlo and Co.