Time we work together
Over the time of being a staff member I've heard (and a lot of the others) have gotten a lot of criticism from the community, some things I fully understand, while some things it's hard to get you to understand. I think it's time to really hear what you guys have got to say so we can all move forward to make this community the best it can be and the way that we all want it to be. I for one would like to know how we can do better what we can do to change perspective on the things that we do as the community is the backbone of this all. 
We need to start seeing eye to eye and work as a team instead of the battles I encounter being a staff member. If there are certain rules you don't agree with, we could all discuss them to make them more workable, if there are certain behaviors that you believe shouldn't be applied to certain things, then let us know. 
I'm aware that there are some things that staff take a little too seriously that shouldn't be much of an issue, there have been things where I have been fully on peoples side that others don't agree with and that's not on.
I could very much get a bollocking for trying to reach out how I am, but if it's for the good of us all, then who better than someone in the staff circle to really bring up the issues?
We've all made mistakes and we need to learn from them, If you have certain problems with a staff member please do NOT name them, just tell us what can be done to improve the situation. Please be as respectful as possible as sorting out these matters are just as difficult for us as it is for you to be put through them.
This game has been going on for over 10 years now, so let's make sure that the people we have left stick together.

I look forward to hearing from you guys and hope we can all be the community we want it to be!

(For now I will just thank the posts until there are enough replies to reply at once)
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to a7x3 For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, bi3liu, bls1999, Dangevin, Emeiry, ExplosionZ, gemj, Janelle, Lego-man945, Magyar, PinkAxie, Resarekt, Tejs
"14) No sharing/giving away accounts."
I don't think this should be bannable, just discouraged and basically with a warning "if you do this and something goes wrong, e.g. the other person locks you out, you can't/won't be helped"
á
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3, Dealth, Fresh Cookies, gemj, Shane1334
I believe that I have experienced very unfair treatment from you as a staff member, as I was banned for a month for hacking for a few seconds on a Guest account, and my ban appeal was absolutely trashed on with a quote from an Admin being "I don’t appreciate nit-picking the rules to stretch or take advantage any possible loophole.", when all I was trying to do was defend myself.

I brought up a case of another member, AstroVolts, who had created AND distributed a hacked PR2 client with video evidence on his youtube channel, and his ban was lifted because he was "articulate and polite" in his ban appeal. When bringing this up, my Ask a Mod thread was immediately locked and the staff members involved did not reply at all. This just showed me that favoritism was a glaring issue within this community, and I think a lot of previously banned users are with me on this one.

Some players like Suuper and Fire-Bird hacked and botted openly and continuously for like 5 years and didn't get a single ban, maybe now it is easy to see the disappointment and resentment towards the staff team? As a user stated in a previous thread, you know there's a problem with the games constitution or staff team when 80% of people you know have been banned at least once.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saurus For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3, Fresh Cookies
[Image: image.png]
I like the change in attitude though, you clearly weren't fond of our constructive feedback a year ago
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Saurus For This Useful Post:
  • Fresh Cookies
(9th June 2019, 3:45 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: "14) No sharing/giving away accounts."
I don't think this should be bannable, just discouraged and basically with a warning "if you do this and something goes wrong, e.g. the other person locks you out, you can't/won't be helped"

That is one thing that have agreed with for a while and I'll do my best to bring this up to other staff.

(9th June 2019, 3:54 PM)Saurus Wrote: I believe that I have experienced very unfair treatment from you as a staff member, as I was banned for a month for hacking for a few seconds on a Guest account, and my ban appeal was absolutely trashed on with a quote from an Admin being "I don’t appreciate nit-picking the rules to stretch or take advantage any possible loophole.", when all I was trying to do was defend myself.

I brought up a case of another member, AstroVolts, who had created AND distributed a hacked PR2 client with video evidence on his youtube channel, and his ban was lifted because he was "articulate and polite" in his ban appeal. When bringing this up, my Ask a Mod thread was immediately locked and the staff members involved did not reply at all. This just showed me that favoritism was a glaring issue within this community, and I think a lot of previously banned users are with me on this one.

Some players like Suuper and Fire-Bird hacked and botted openly and continuously for like 5 years and didn't get a single ban, maybe now it is easy to see the disappointment and resentment towards the staff team? As a user stated in a previous thread, you know there's a problem with the games constitution or staff team when 80% of people you know have been banned at least once.

To your first para, I was not one to be involved in this I can't give much of an opinion, so I will wait for another staff member to give their input.

For the second one, I apologise that this mishap occurred, the intentions were not to make you feel like this and I believe we spoke about this the other day. I personally have taken this on board to improve how these situations are to be handled

Again, with the last one, I never got involved in this and only barely remember what happened, so I'm afraid I can't put an opinion on it.

(9th June 2019, 4:03 PM)Saurus Wrote: [Image: image.png]
I like the change in attitude though, you clearly weren't fond of our constructive feedback a year ago

It's about time attitudes change, things have to happen that I don't agree with to finally make me realise what you guys put up with too. I hope the past doesn't affect how decisions are made here.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to a7x3 For This Useful Post:
  • Saurus
Maybe, perhaps maybe if you don't ban people for legit not even doing anything.
Wolfie, banned me 3 times in the course of let's say 20 minutes for:
1. Saying "arab", which he thought was offensive. He said that it was discrimination, but if I'm honest he's the one being discriminating against arab people for thinking that their ethnicity is something with a negative tone. 
2. Saying "FUCCCCCCCC, there are pages of campaign??" as a reaction for a new feature I haven't seen because I wasn't on PR2 for a year I'd say. Sure, it might resemble a swear word. But he didn't ban me when I legit said "****" a couple of moments later lol. 
3. I guess this just speaks for itself. 
[Image: unknown.png]

Overusing power much?
Just wait for his 703 word long reply incoming.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Levente77 For This Useful Post:
  • Saurus
(9th June 2019, 4:20 PM)Levente77 Wrote: Maybe, perhaps maybe if you don't ban people for legit not even doing anything.
1. Saying "arab", which he thought was offensive. He said that it was discrimination, but if I'm honest he's the one being discriminating against arab people for thinking that their ethnicity is something with a negative tone. 
2. Saying "FUCCCCCCCC, there are pages of campaign??" as a reaction for a new feature I haven't seen because I wasn't on PR2 for a year I'd say. Sure, it might resemble a swear word. But he didn't ban me when I legit said "****" a couple of moments later lol. 

Overusing power much?

Like I have already discussed with you, using a foregin language to say "What are you playing this for, you're arab" is discrimination, there's no avoiding that.

I'm sorry, but it's pretty self explanatory why you got banned there, there's not even any need for me to go into detail. If you were to use the full word so it could be filtered, then there would of been no issue, but to be warned twice already for doing it, I would of thought you'd learn not to do it!

(You got off from getting banned, you only got a kick which does not affect priors)
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to a7x3 For This Useful Post:
  • Fresh Cookies
(9th June 2019, 4:23 PM)Wolfie Wrote: Like I have already discussed with you, using a foregin language to say "What are you playing this for, you're arab" is discrimination, there's no avoiding that.

I'm sorry, but it's pretty self explanatory why you got banned there, there's not even any need for me to go into detail. If you were to use the full word so it could be filtered, then there would of been no issue, but to be warned twice already for doing it, I would of thought you'd learn not to do it!

(You got off from getting banned, you only got a kick which does not affect priors)

You translated what I said, I guess on Google Translate. I said "spelar du fortfarande eller, din arab" which translates to "you still playing this, you arab?" Which I don't see anything wrong with since the person I said this to is arabic.
Don't take actions unless you know what it's about.
(9th June 2019, 4:30 PM)Levente77 Wrote: You translated what I said, I guess on Google Translate. I said "spelar du fortfarande eller, din arab" which translates to "you still playing this, you arab?" Which I don't see anything wrong with since the person I said this to is arabic.
Don't take actions unless you know what it's about.

Again, please read the definition of discrimination, you may not of intended it to be, but could of been taken very differently to somebody who has just met you.

Now please, instead of talking about things like this, as you can pm me this to sort it out, lets get back to the how topic in general.
(9th June 2019, 4:20 PM)Levente77 Wrote: Maybe, perhaps maybe if you don't ban people for legit not even doing anything.

Overusing power much?

1) Seeing from what you said:
a) English only in chat anyway
b) "You arab" could be taken badly, intended or not

2 + 3) The filter exists so if you said the word properly it would be filtered and filter evasion is specifically not allowed (in 3 you even acknowledged this and said the filter evading version, thus resulting in the kick).
á
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3, gemj, JEEJAYEM
I actually believe the majority of the rules are pretty good standards to follow. However, I believe they should not be completely followed. Although strictly following the rules can be seen as a good way to stay objective, not everything is black and white when determining a warning/ban. There are instances when it hard to determine if something warrants a warning/ban.
For example, if someone purposefully breaks the rules to show how unreasonable the pr2 rules are, I believe warning/banning them could just reinforce their current viewpoint.

I believe the problem is, whenever someone breaks the rules, they are usually warned/banned, regardless of the context.

Also, a suggestion:
For chat bans, maybe having mods/admins type out a warning before banning/silencing someone in the chat can be enough to resolve the issue and maybe leave a better impression.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bi3liu For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3, Dangevin, gemj
can't we all just live in peace? this is all over an 11 year old flash game for Christ's sake
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Emeiry, GI_John, Northadox, Vaza, xGuest
I just want more active players so I can create a contest that I have been wanting to publish, but since there are no real good reason to play contests because no new parts or artists to create fresh sets that people will want to compete for, I gave up on the contest, but the passion for the idea is still strong(might even make this contest in PRF) I also thought of re-hosting an old contest that I used to judge for that is the easiest to play, but I may not have time to judge again(even though it’s easy)

Anyone want a old contest back to have some fun this summer?
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Addy For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox

Overusing power much?

This post made me roll my eyes into infinity and beyond

Every thickskulled rebellious PR2 player in a nutshell
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JEEJAYEM For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3, Camer the Dragon, Emeiry, Fresh Cookies, gemj, Northadox, Resarekt
(9th June 2019, 6:57 PM)bi3liu Wrote: I actually believe the majority of the rules are pretty good standards to follow. However, I believe they should not be completely followed. Although strictly following the rules can be seen as a good way to stay objective, not everything is black and white when determining a warning/ban. There are instances when it hard to determine if something warrants a warning/ban.
For example, if someone purposefully breaks the rules to show how unreasonable the pr2 rules are, I believe warning/banning them could just reinforce their current viewpoint.

I believe the problem is, whenever someone breaks the rules, they are usually warned/banned, regardless of the context.

Also, a suggestion:
For chat bans, maybe having mods/admins type out a warning before banning/silencing someone in the chat can be enough to resolve the issue and maybe leave a better impression.

I completely understand what you're saying there. It all comes down to mod preference and what they believe is right, and we should review our methods to find one more suiting, it's just a shame that chat bans aren't separate, that'd make it a lot easier. Since the 30 minute kick option got added to our mod tools we try and use that a lot more than going straight to a one hour ban (I do anyway, kicks also are not recorded in your priors), as some people just need a kick up the backside to understand.

Verbal warnings are also a very good idea, something that we seem to forget can work a lot of the time, a ban or a warning could very much make the situation escalate.

Thank you for the suggestions you made, they will definitely be something we take on board.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to a7x3 For This Useful Post:
  • bi3liu, gemj
More consistency.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to jdelta For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
I haven't seen a single non-staff player on PR2 say not letting judges compete in T&E was a good idea. I don't know what the thought process was for it, and I don't appreciate how the staff is trying to silence this change. The community demands that this mistake be fixed, it only caused harm. I also didn't appreciate that this action was taken without the consent of any of the judges or the host of the contest, seeing as they're the ones that actually run the contests, while the PR2 staff has no idea how the contest was actually working. Allow judges to compete again, I don't understand why the staff is being difficult about it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to okbob3 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Athena, Fresh Cookies, lalafox
Hi, I came here not only to speak for myself, but for many others within the PR2 community. As you are aware, people are coming out to speak about the unfair treatment and poor leadership skills some of the staff members show in the PR2 community. Some of the staff show favoritism towards selective individuals in the game. For example, there have been many cases where a person has said words such as “noob” or “shut up”. There has been an individual who have gotten warned numerous times for playfully saying it to another player. Another time a different individual has said the same thing while a staff was on, and never ended up getting any warnings.

It has come to a point that some staff favor certain individuals over others. It is unfortunate to see many players leave the game partly due to this reason. A well-known individual has left recently in order to show this message. I hope that in the future, the staff can work towards building a better relationship with the PR2 community and improve on how they behave and act towards the community.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Athena For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Fresh Cookies, John m., okbob3
I believe that the staff team should have more consistency. It's sad that people are leaving because of the staff team and I do not blame them. What I have seen over the past few months have been bouts of favoritism and some unfair treatment. There was a time where someone sent a screenshot in discord referring to me calling someone a "cooler gender". After that, I got warned 4 days in a row. The things that I have said shouldn't've triggered a warning. They were mostly minor things that I have said. I got warned for those 4 days. And to make it even worse, I almost got warned on the 5th day in a row, but I actually had to "beg" to not be warned. Some of the staff members are stricter than others, which kind of makes it unfair and they have bias towards people. Just last week someone got a week ban, yes they had priors, but something so harmless by saying "Damn you", nothing else... not even a warning. I'll admit I haven't been the nicest person in the past few months and I have done a bit of trolling, but warning for saying "shut up" is pretty harmless imo. I do also hope that staff in the future, from now until PRF, will interact with the community and build a better relationship with the PR2 members.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • Athena, Fresh Cookies, Lego-man945, okbob3
Expect a major over-haul this weekend.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Eternal For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, Ashley766, Athena, bls1999, Fresh Cookies, gemj, Janelle, Lego-man945, PinkAxie