[PR2 Bug] Alien Egg Mode Level Background
idk how to explain this well but 

Problem: My alien egg mode level has a regular race background and not the blue egg
Type of Problem: No idea
Expected behaviour: Blue egg BG
Actual Behaviour: Race BG
Steps to Reproduce: idk, The level in question is just a slightly edited and re-saved one from 2014 or something
Pic:

EDIT: to clarify yeah the level is still alien egg mode
EDIT 2: Huh the original from 2014 has the correct BG
Search "Eggy egg eggs!" by Course title to see
á
I published a new alien egg level.
The background image was correct.
https://jiggmin2.com/forums/showthread.p...4#pid24364
but this problem occurred
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
(22nd June 2019, 1:11 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: I published a new alien egg level.
The background image was correct.
https://jiggmin2.com/forums/showthread.p...4#pid24364
but this problem occurred

Yeah me too
While I was testing, that's why I made that thread
I should add that to the other thread
á
That's super weird. I see no alien eggs at all Confused
There was a time when egg/deathmatch/objective mode did not have a different BG. It was added in later, so your level was probably made when the different modes just came out.
(22nd June 2019, 5:55 PM)bi3liu Wrote: There was a time when egg/deathmatch/objective mode did not have a different BG. It was added in later, so your level was probably made when the different modes just came out.

That level was an edit of an older level from 2014
but I edited some blocks and published it under a different name
also, the original version from 2014 has the background
á
(22nd June 2019, 6:45 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: That level was an edit of an older level from 2014
but I edited some blocks and published it under a different name
also, the original version from 2014 has the background

Oh actually might be a bug. I found that there are 2 gameMode, "egg", and "eggs" when looking at the text file for a level. 
Since I do not know the exact code in pr2, my inference is that: 
The gameMode is suppose be "egg" for levels with the mode alien eggs. However, recently it has been changed to "eggs" and those with "eggs" as the gameMode don't actually work, but has the logo of eggs on it. 

xd bad at explaining. But only inference..
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bi3liu For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
(22nd June 2019, 8:03 PM)bi3liu Wrote: Oh actually might be a bug. I found that there are 2 gameMode, "egg", and "eggs" when looking at the text file for a level. 
Since I do not know the exact code in pr2, my inference is that: 
The gameMode is suppose be "egg" for levels with the mode alien eggs. However, recently it has been changed to "eggs" and those with "eggs" as the gameMode don't actually work, but has the logo of eggs on it. 

xd bad at explaining. But only inference..

This would make a lot of sense
@bls1999
á
Can I have some example levels?

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
(23rd June 2019, 3:00 PM)bls1999 Wrote: Can I have some example levels?

"Eggy egg eggs!" by Camer999 (Has egg mode and the background, from 2014)
"Eggy egg eggs! V2" by Camer999 (Has egg mode but not the background, slightly edited and then published version of the original, I didn't mess with the mode setting)
"Egg Mode Test" by Camer999 (Has egg mode background, but the level doesn't work as egg mode, made just now)

After searching a few more working egg levels with the correct bg:
"Alien egg 55" and "Alien egg 54" by a554
"alien eggs" by milcsi1

I did a quick look (not in depth), couldn't find any levels like mine with the wrong BG but correct mode
á
I'm still puzzled as to why the eggs were even added, it was a real oddball move
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999
Fixed in 156!

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, gemj