[Forum] Able to see CSS in PM email
Not sure how to explain it, but I was able to see most of the css in the email. I think this happens when you copy and paste some font, but I'm not sure. I wasn't able to read it until I got on JV2. 

So, this is BBCode and not CSS. The editor on JV2 that formats everything nicely is called the WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor. This editor is notoriously horrible at formatting, and often will insert redundant tags.

I believe this is what you're seeing in the email. To test it out, have someone send you a PM with just a simple test message. You can also disable the WYSIWYG editor and switch to code-only mode by clicking the button that looks like a save icon on the editing toolbar.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(25th June 2019, 2:56 PM)bls1999 Wrote: To test it out, have someone send you a PM with just a simple test message. You can also disable the WYSIWYG editor and switch to code-only mode by clicking the button that looks like a save icon on the editing toolbar.

I had @Camer the Dragon test this out. Here's the normal one:

And here's one with bold, underline with new font, and superscript

I'm not sure how to disable the WYSIWYG editor, is it this one?: 

(25th June 2019, 11:20 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: I'm not sure how to disable the WYSIWYG editor, is it this one?

yep! that button toggles the editor.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, gemj
(26th June 2019, 7:13 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: I don't think I can disable the WYSIWYG editor that displays in the email. Is there a way to not see the tags when someone sends text with color & font size?

The WYSIWYG editor is only found on JV2. What you're seeing is the horrible code produced by the editor. I'm not sure if there's a way to get rid of that, other than just using the source editor and not relying on the buttons in the post box.

• Ashley766, gemj
I'm gonna call this fixed and hope that's an okay thing to do. If you have any other problems related to this issue, LMK and I'll unlock.

• Ashley766, gemj