[PR2 Bug] Push and Vanish Blocks
Just thought I'd say that this issue is a similar thing to do with how play positions did not update smoothly when spectating which is due to them being far away from where your player is. In this case, is sort of because the blocks are far away from your player (or at least I think it is). 

Also, I was trying to get this all in one video using the same level but I couldn't reproduce it all the time so it may be harder to fix than I thought.

Push Blocks

Problem: Push blocks in different positions for different players.

Type of Problem: Client

Expected Behavior: Push blocks should be in the same position for all players.

Actual Behavior: Different positions.

Steps to Reproduce the Problem: Play a level with someone that has a push block and do what I do in the video.

Vanish Blocks

Problem: Vanish blocks staying vanished when spectating players or if a player forfeits on them.

Type of Problem: Client

Expected Behavior: The vanish blocks should reappear. 

Actual Behavior: The vanish blocks stay vanished.

Steps to Reproduce the Problem: Play a level with someone that has a vanish block and do stuff.

Video

0:00 - Push blocks going out of sync when pushing them with a player.

0:42 - Push blocks not moving when spectating someone pushing them.

0:49 - Vanish blocks not reappearing when spectating a player.  Ok, so I couldn't reproduce this on video even though I did it just before recording when I was testing it but it does happen.

Vanish blocks not reappearing when forfeiting on them was added after I made the video but you can reproduce that solo.

[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Stxtics For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
Can someone confirm if this is now fixed? I believe with the fix making player positions update all the time also fixed this.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
(16th March 2020, 12:02 AM)bls1999 Wrote: Can someone confirm if this is now fixed? I believe with the fix making player positions update all the time also fixed this.
Negative. I was on two tabs. one on the account that pushed the block. Then I switched to the other account which saw what was in the picture

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Atari4600 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
Another issue with the push block is that when you are rotated, pushing it down will push it down for all players. So, say you are rotated left, and you push the push block down, which would be to the left on the screen for a player who is not rotated, but instead it would move down for the player who is not rotated also, so you have it moving down on both screens but moving to two different positions depending on who is rotated which way.
-AspectZero
Push blocks will not move when some one is pushing them if you quit before the countdown finishes, the game doesn't like for anything in the level to move before then, and since you quit before it finished, you are stuck in that state and so they don't move on your screen, it's the same issue with vanish blocks, @Stxtics, @bls1999, at least this is what appears to be the case.
-AspectZero
The vanish blocks issue is fixed! Now to fix the push blocks...

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Battlealvin2009
(1st November 2021, 4:22 PM)bls1999 Wrote: The vanish blocks issue is fixed! Now to fix the push blocks...

Yesss! If the push blocks are fixed as well, I could finally make my push-snake-block level!
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Battlealvin2009 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766