UPPER and lower CaSe letters in usernames
you used to be able to log in with a different combination of upper and lower case letters in your username and your name would appear exactly as that, but these days it seems to disregard upper and lower case and your name always appears as it did when you created the account.

Can this be changed so that my name can appear as JcJc again, rather than jcjc?
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to edetarod For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
Ask a staff member that's what I did to get Camer999 rather than camer999
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
you used to be able to change it every time you logged in...
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to edetarod For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(27th July 2019, 8:27 AM)edetarod Wrote: you used to be able to change it every time you logged in...

this is true, I didn't even know this was changed
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • xGuest
(27th July 2019, 8:34 AM)gemj Wrote: this is true, I didn't even know this was changed

Must've been ages ago
cos I remember being annoyed at it when I was a lot younger
á
(27th July 2019, 10:03 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Must've been ages ago
cos I remember being annoyed at it when I was a lot younger

swear it still existed last year and if not, then definitely in 2017
There was an exploit that involved being able to do this, I'm pretty sure that's why you can't do it anymore. Make an ask a mod thread if you would like to change the case in your name.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stxtics For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, edetarod, gemj
(28th July 2019, 11:58 AM)Stxtics Wrote: There was an exploit that involved being able to do this, I'm pretty sure that's why you can't do it anymore. Make an ask a mod thread if you would like to change the case in your name.

This. I just changed a couple of name cases yesterday.

It's better for data sanitization to just take what's in the database rather than use user input each time. Additionally, PR2 was the only website, of which I know, that would allow different cases for usernames each time a user logged into their account.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • edetarod, gemj