[PR2 Bug] PR2 Level Editor Problem
Hello users. I'm J m i and i want to explain a problem that i've found about the level editor. I could find this issue months / year ago but back then it wasn't a real problem as i've never done "long levels" with a lot of art on it, but on this case, i've created a long one so i had to draw a lot of BG (background) on it. I've talked with Bls and with other users like Vasalemma and they can confirm it, but i found it better to publish the issue over here so the community can judge/ write about it on here as well.
I will try to short it:

Problem: level editor has "low" art data? so it doesn't allow to paint as much as you need to.

Type of problem: Probably server issue? Probably the game doesn't support a lot of art per levels (Although thinking about this, that would be normal too as there are a lot of players and it would be a waste of memory if everyone draws a lot on every level that we create... Big Grin )

Expected behavior: Let player use more art on levels without level art being bugged.

Actual behavior: When you "use up a whole art", level got bugged so some ART parts of your level will be pixelated and bugged... So art can be destroyed and you can't even do nothing to fix this.

Steps to reproduce the problem: Just create a long map (not even neccesary) and draw a lot on it. Save the project so you will see level starts to be slower when you save or load it, and then when you draw in some other parts, the first draws will be destroyed (disappear or pixelated as i mentioned before)

Additional Information: It would be good, like an idea i can suggest, that IF ADMINS CAN'T increase the art/ draw memory of game (or whatever it controls it), THEN there should be a button to be able to DELETE ALL THE DRAWS ON THE LEVEL OR at least the data from that level (in 3D sofwares you can "delete all by type story" so it's like you free some kind of memory...
This problem would probably not be the easiest thing to fix (assuming this limit is a Flash memory problem. Not an expert on this though, so can't confirm), but if the limits could be raised a bit, then it would definitely be a benefit for people. I personally also have a level that may or may not need a slight increase in the limits, so it would benefit me as well. With the overall drought of new levels right now, the memory usage on the server would not be a problem either. If there is a solution, I would definitely be all for it.
[Image: xmKCETn.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Vaza For This Useful Post:
  • J m i
I'm not sure what controls this. I'd have to look into how it's being handled. Do you have a level I can use as an example?

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
Sure i have! how can i send to you, if that's possible?? or do you only need to play it?
(23rd April 2019, 7:18 PM)J m i Wrote: Sure i have! how can i send to you, if that's possible?? or do you only need to play it?

You can just drop the names here and I'll look into it.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
We can make something. i can publish the same level with different names like: ''test1'' and ''test2'' so in one i can let as default, as it is now... and on the other i can add more art to see if it corrupts... ok?
(23rd April 2019, 7:34 PM)J m i Wrote: We can make something. i can publish the same level with different names like: ''test1'' and ''test2'' so in one i can let as default, as it is now... and on the other i can add more art to see if it corrupts... ok?

Whatever you think indicates the problem is what I'll use to test. Thanks!

I've got one for you.
Both levels are on account "vasalemma" page 1, and the password to both levels is "bls".

1) "IWBTG Crit" (level ID 6492378). This level is in critical state, as in if you try to add more art here, the limit comes almost immediately.
2) "IWBTG Broke" (level ID: 6492379). This level is in a broken state. The extra art has been added and the paintings have become more pixelated. This level can be broken even further by adding even more art.

One thing that I did notice in testing is that the "limit glitch" happens ONLY if the art is added onto a part of the map that is not yet painted. The best way to see this happen yourself is by testing it on "IWBTG Crit". Use brush size 100 and try to paint. You can paint however much you want onto the already painted parts and nothing happens, but the moment you try to paint on an unpainted surface, the art breaks immediately. It appears as if there is no limit to the actual amount of memory space that the art takes up, but instead there's a limit to the amount of canvas space that you can use to paint on.

Edit: The eraser also acts like a painting tool, so even if I try to erase parts, it still gets me closer to the limit.

Hopefully you'll find some useful testing here to figure out what's going on.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Vaza For This Useful Post:
  • J m i
actually it's curious but the level that was giving me problems is not anymore.... it works fine now BUT the other day, when i played with you vasa, i realized that the level got ''pixelated'' when we were both on the level BUT when i am playing alone it's working fine .... it has no sense XD bls, for now you can play vasa's level to have an idea of the issue cause it seems my level is working ''fine'' FOR NOW...
Look Bls... i got photos.. same thing happening. But it's curious, sometimes art loads fine and other times it loads wrong.
Look photos... i know it's not good took but its what i could get...

[Image: 21549e4e6265512c2dfc86525e549204]
https://gyazo.com/21549e4e6265512c2dfc86525e549204

[Image: f70f3c0feb719f0f4f00c783a413053c]
https://gyazo.com/f70f3c0feb719f0f4f00c783a413053c

Click on link if needed.... or copy / paste it..

Explanation: It's the same level but loaded twice... if you can see behind the water, art failed on first photo and on the other photo it worked fine... why is that?
(24th April 2019, 6:33 PM)J m i Wrote: Look Bls... i got photos.. same thing happening. But it's curious, sometimes art loads fine and other times it loads wrong.
Look photos... i know it's not good took but its what i could get...

[Image: 21549e4e6265512c2dfc86525e549204]
https://gyazo.com/21549e4e6265512c2dfc86525e549204

[Image: f70f3c0feb719f0f4f00c783a413053c]
https://gyazo.com/f70f3c0feb719f0f4f00c783a413053c

Click on link if needed.... or copy / paste it..

Explanation: It's the same level but loaded twice... if you can see behind the water, art failed on first photo and on the other photo it worked fine... why is that?

That's because it seems that Flash tends to choose what parts of art to leave out. Sometimes one part of the map gets left unpainted, sometimes another. It tends to usually be in specific parts of the map, usually close to the starting point, at least that's what it looks like to me. I've seen this happen on load-in in Level Editor as well: If I don't move the screen, it seems to be in one place, but if I move the camera while it's loading in, it's like Flash doesn't want to unload parts that are on screen, so it chooses a different area to leave out. It's weird how it chooses what to leave out though, I'm not sure how it exactly chooses it either.
(25th April 2019, 4:24 AM)Vaza Wrote: That's because it seems that Flash tends to choose what parts of art to leave out. Sometimes one part of the map gets left unpainted, sometimes another. It tends to usually be in specific parts of the map, usually close to the starting point, at least that's what it looks like to me. I've seen this happen on load-in in Level Editor as well: If I don't move the screen, it seems to be in one place, but if I move the camera while it's loading in, it's like Flash doesn't want to unload parts that are on screen, so it chooses a different area to leave out. It's weird how it chooses what to leave out though, I'm not sure how it exactly chooses it either.

Omg, then it might be good that flash dies, after all D= xd
pr2 has a lot of great art and imagine of how cool it could be to see it all less pixelated!
well its a guess by how its programed that you can make it render in 2x resolution I know this could be only be for big computers so it could be just a option to have
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to John m. For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999
Fixed in v163 (as a result of this addition)!

Edit: merged the above post with this thread.

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • J m i