[Reminder] Raise PR2's art limit
The block limit has been raised from 10k to 20k, and that's cool and all, but a raise to art limit would be ever cooler!

There was already a thread on this:
https://jiggmin2.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1716

The TL;DR to peeps that don't wanna read that whole thread:

- If you add too much art in level editor, art will turn pixelated
- Adding even more art afterwards can cause the effect to happen multiple times and art becomes more and more pixelated every time. Every next instance happens sooner and with less art additions
- After enough cycles of art pixelation, some areas or art start to outright disappear (refuse to load in)
- The effect seems to only happen when art is added on unpainted areas. Re-painting over already painted areas don't seem to effect it, that just adds more load time. (It could still lead to the same effect if repeated enough though, but I haven't investigated that scenario)
- After reaching pixelation in level editor, the pixelation will also apply on any other levels that are loaded in afterwards. It can be reset by creating a new level by clicking "New" or leaving and re-entering the level editor

Example:
"IWBTG Crit" by Vasalemma
"IWBTG Broke" by Vasalemma
Both levels are on page 2, the pass to both is "bls". Crit is a critical state level where art is almost at the "maxed out" state, and Broke is in the pixelated form after just a slight addition of art onto Crit (look at red arrows at start. You can also see slight art reset while it's loading at the end, but you can see that better in further cycles of the pixelation where it takes more time to load in the pixelation, sometimes even through multiple resets).

My hypothesis is that something related to some internal memory factor is causing it. If this can be expanded (at least by 4x) or even fixed(?), that would be really cool and would help a lot.
[Image: xmKCETn.png]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vaza For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Dangevin, Fresh Cookies, gemj, J m i
Yes.

I made a thread explaining this some months ago. i am making a level and the art stuff is bugged as much as it can be. i cant even art on it anymore cause this will provoke a total chaos on the art part. It's a pity cause i had some cool ideas for it but it seems i will have to throw them away due of this problem.

Regards and thanks for posting this, Vasa!
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to J m i For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
I need to look into the mechanism in place that automatically pixelates the art. It's separate from the blocks, and given that there are a lot of files in the game's data that handle art, it will take me a bit to figure out what to change.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
Any status reports on this, per chance? Any luck in finding what might be causing this and/or any progress on figuring out how to raise the limit yet? (You can take all the time you want on this btw)
[Image: xmKCETn.png]
(18th August 2019, 2:51 PM)Vaza Wrote: Any status reports on this, per chance? Any luck in finding what might be causing this and/or any progress on figuring out how to raise the limit yet? (You can take all the time you want on this btw)

I haven't had a chance yet. This will probably be in the version after next if I can find something.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
With all the new sudden changes, I suddenly got so excited that I'm bumping this thread up again, since if we can figure out how to fix this problem, I'm going immediately back into the level editor because this would be amazing!
(PS! The "IWBTG Crit/Broke" levels no longer exist, but you can easily recreate this scenario with a 255px brush anyway. It's area based, not line/split/complexity based)
I hope I don't have to wait until PRF for this D:
*stealthily bumps this thread back up again from the dead*
Sort of added in v163 -- the experimental lossless art quality option. We'll see how this goes...