So now that we're adding new hats again...
Frust Hat / Pro Hat
- Replaces character sprite with hitbox
- While charging a superjump, a second hitbox is shown above the player to indicate the peak height of their super jump
- Hitting a net block causes it to flash red, then fade (similar to ice blocks fading from a Santa Hat) to indicate which net was hit
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kwing For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, AspectZero, Atari4600, edetarod
This definitely won't be a hat, but I would be down to add some sort of speedrun/expert mode in options or the context menu if it's something I can figure out how to do.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, Magyar, Northadox
This would be a very nice feature. If you are familiar with the PR2 TAS program it would be nice to see your current speed, xpos, ypos, zpos. Also, maybe include TAS features like a frame-by-frame inputs and being able to replay with those inputs recorded (client side obviously).

If you are feeling ambitious though that would be a very very nice feature in my opinion Smile Smile Smile
This would be epic. Smile
-AspectZero
Hitbox would be overpowered and make the game a lot easier not fan at all.
(14th August 2019, 11:52 AM)GlitchR Wrote: Hitbox would be overpowered and make the game a lot easier not fan at all.

A hitbox visualization would just make things less frustrating. There's nothing about this suggestion that would make PR2's most brutal maps any easier maps, considering the execution needed is still their most prevalent challenge.
If this hitbox visualization was just a toggle, you could still play them just like they've always been.
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
(14th August 2019, 11:52 AM)GlitchR Wrote: Hitbox would be overpowered and make the game a lot easier not fan at all.
No, this would not make pr2 easier in the least. You would be able to have a better feel of when you are going to hit a block/etc., but frame inputs will be just as hard.
-AspectZero
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to AspectZero For This Useful Post:
  • bi3liu
(14th August 2019, 9:08 PM)AspectZero Wrote: No, this would not make pr2 easier in the least. You would be able to have a better feel of when you are going to hit a block/etc., but frame inputs will be just as hard.
Being able to have better feel when you're going to hit block is exactly what makes the game a lot easier. It will have varying effects depending a level you're playing. For example control based maps will be affected the most by this.
(14th August 2019, 7:06 PM)Northadox Wrote: A hitbox visualization would just make things less frustrating. There's nothing about this suggestion that would make PR2's most brutal maps any easier maps, considering the execution needed is still their most prevalent challenge.
If this hitbox visualization was just a toggle, you could still play them just like they've always been.
Hitbox vizualization just making things less frustating is not true. Estimating the distance between you and the desired target and then pressing according key strokes in order to execute the move have always been the most prevalent skill in the game. The hitbox will make this a lot easier.

Hitbox can be utilixed to help you in multiple ways. Prime example is movement control. Space between your charachter and and hitbox can be used as metric to determine how much you're able to move said direction. Which is very useful when you need good control. Not to mention the straight outliners of your hitbox which help a lot too. All of this makes the execution a lot easier. There's more to this and will be more if this update will come to pass as people will discover more ways to take advantage of it. 

Also you bring up the point of the most brutal maps. Hardest trap levels are one of them and I can see hitbox having largest impact on them. Although its evident using hitbox makes effect on other hard levels as well. Saying this because I suspect you have not much experience in these type of levels.

If hitbox becomes a thing there's never a reason not to use it any gameplay in pr2. So turning it off puts anyone in needless disadvantage. My explanation of taking using hitbox to your advantage is not through as in my original post (something went wrong when trying to post) But I'm open to elaborate more. 
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to GlitchR For This Useful Post:
  • bi3liu
I feel that adding hitboxes, sj heights, xpos/ypos, and other TAS stuff would make it look too technical, and may take away from the simplicity of the game. I feel the best way would be to just load a level in a TAS, and play it there. 

Current TAS version: https://github.com/fourst4r/PR2-Speedrun-Tools

Initial TAS thread: http://forums.acidch.at/showthread.php?tid=1653

Why is knowing exactly where the actual collision lines bad
that makes no sense
á
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • AspectZero, Northadox
(16th August 2019, 3:43 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Why is knowing exactly where the actual collision lines bad
that makes no sense

Anyways I have no interest on my part to continue this thread. Although I stated that I was willing to elaborate, I have changed my mind. I will say that I'm not only one that thinks this is not a good update.
not my area of expertise but it would look weird in a PR2 game, plus our TAS/speedrunning communities are far from populous so this would only be satisfying a few people