Stxtics' Guide to Folding
When folding you have PPD (Points Per Day) which is roughly how many points you will get if you leave your PC on for 24 hours. Now there are two different ways of folding, there is the client, and there is nacl (on chrome). The client requires you to download a program and the nacl (aka chrome folding) can be done while you have chrome open. On chrome, you can only fold with CPU which is what I recommend for users who have a low-end computer. The client, however, allows you to fold with both CPU and GPU. The reason why I suggest folding with chrome for low-end PC users is that not all graphics cards can fold so you might as well use Chrome if you can't fold with your GPU. Chrome WUs (Work Units) give 42 points for each completed WU. The time it takes for a WU to complete is based on your CPU. On the client, however, time is not affected much by the CPU/GPU and it is more the points you will receive on the WU that are affected.

This Google spreadsheet contains most, if not all GPUs that are eligible to fold. F@H GPUs Stats
Note: Does not contain newer GPUs but they can fold so don't worry.

If your GPU is not on here/you don't know what GPU you have, I highly recommend using the chrome folding (nacl). That can be found here

All you need to do now is enter a username of the Platform Racing 2 account that you want to fold points for. Enter the Team Jiggmin team number which is 143016 and get a passkey if you wish. However a passkey does not affect your points on chrome. 
Note: If your PR2 name contains a space then replace it with an underscore. Also, certain symbols are not allowed, e.g. @.

Now if your GPU is on that Google spreadsheet then I recommend downloading the client. You can download it from here.

Once you have downloaded it an ran through the setup (choose express download not custom if your stuck at that part) it should open a tab in your browser. Once that tab opens you can click Change identity and put in the user of the account you want to fold, the Team Jiggmin team number (143016) and get a passkey which requires an email address (but just to send the passkey to). Then once you get the passkey, enter it and you're pretty much done. What the passkey does is it gives you bonus points, but you have to have completed 10 WUs to get the bonus points. For the client, you don't have to keep your browser open and there is another way to view your folding. At the bottom right of your screen by the time you should see a ^ icon. Click that then inside there you should see some apps and one of the logos should be the F@H logo. Right-click the F@H logo and go to advanced control. There you can see info and make sure your folding for the right username and team. Also what I prefer to do personally is right click the CPU folding and pause it so that I am only folding with my GPU (My GPU gets 300,000 PPD). 

Anyway, thanks for reading and feel free to ask any questions or message me on Discord: Stxtics#0001 for any further help and I will do my best to help you. 
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Stxtics For This Useful Post:
  • 1python64, Ashley766, bls1999, Chma, Emppy, Eternal, gemj, Janelle, new bat pr2, Shane1334, ThePizzaEater1000, XeNo, Zelante
How do i fold for team jiggmin?

Im Reb by the way.
nacl? Table salt?
[Image: VnNsnRk.gif]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thique For This Useful Post:
  • Fresh Cookies, gemj, XeNo, Zelante
(24th April 2018, 11:06 PM)Dev52 Wrote: nacl? Table salt?

Thanks! Im getting crown now Big Grin

Im Reb by the way.
Any way of doing this on a android phone or a ps4/xbox one?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Addy For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, new bat pr2, Zelante
(25th April 2018, 1:31 AM)Addy Wrote: Any way of doing this on a android phone or a ps4/xbox one?

I am folding trough my phone and it works great, The battery only last for 13 minutes though but it's worth it! I get 2 points per day so i'll have crown in no time!

Im Reb by the way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XeNo For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, new bat pr2
(25th April 2018, 3:33 AM)XeNo Wrote: I am folding trough my phone and it works great, The battery only last for 13 minutes though but it's worth it! I get 2 points per day so i'll have crown in no time!

Interesting.. Does your F@H app allow you to change team number to anything?
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
Last time I used the folding at home app ( on android) the scoreboard was just done by time spent folding.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stxtics For This Useful Post:
  • new bat pr2, Zelante
(25th April 2018, 1:31 AM)Addy Wrote: Any way of doing this on a android phone or a ps4/xbox one?

No, unfortunately, it is not possible. PS3 folding was possible for a time until Sony pulled support. Microsoft and Sony would have to explicitly support folding on the Xbox One or PS4 and unfortunately they are not. They have the final say on all applications published.

(25th April 2018, 4:25 AM)Zelante Wrote: Interesting.. Does your F@H app allow you to change team number to anything?

The F@H app I remember does allow you to change your username/team number. However it's not very good for the phone to be kept so hot so constantly, and phone processors are... still very slow.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to An|0n For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
(25th April 2018, 3:33 AM)XeNo Wrote: I am folding trough my phone and it works great, The battery only last for 13 minutes though but it's worth it! I get 2 points per day so i'll have crown in no time!

Yo Brodie that's sick.
- Bluelightning

[Image: Signiture.png]
This is actually been a thing for a while now but chrome WUs no longer give 125 points and give 42 instead so chrome folding is even worse but I would still recommend it if you can't GPU fold.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stxtics For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Fresh Cookies
(5th March 2019, 6:00 PM)Stxtics Wrote: This is actually been a thing for a while now but chrome WUs no longer give 125 points and give 42 instead so chrome folding is even worse but I would still recommend it if you can't GPU fold.

I swear I got 21pts a couple of times too lol
á
(5th March 2019, 6:00 PM)Stxtics Wrote: This is actually been a thing for a while now but chrome WUs no longer give 125 points and give 42 instead so chrome folding is even worse but I would still recommend it if you can't GPU fold.

iNtErNeT eXpLoReR gAnG
Does folding still give you a cowboy hat?
(25th March 2019, 6:12 AM)ProClifo Wrote: Does folding still give you a cowboy hat?

Yeah you still get prizes
á
If you guys didn't know,  NaCl Chrome folding will be shutting down on June 21st, 2019. So I guess if you can't fold or your computer is not great, you still would have to download the FaH client.

EDIT: It has officially shut down on June 30
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, gemj, Stxtics