Positive Thinking
Despite the fact that absolutely every single post of mine since I've joined here has been in an obviously facetious/cavalier manner, I would feel rather amiss if I didn't make a post regarding this topic: Feelings/Emotions.

I realize that what I'm about to say will make me appear a bit stoic, but I just wanted to express how I feel about "feelings." I just don't understand why (or even how) some people can care so much about such trivial, insipid, smarmy diatribes. Emotions are one of the biggest weaknesses that I can think of. Now, don't get me wrong, negative thinking is bad, but I just feel the need to reiterate how feelings just lead to inevitable pain. I'm very adamant on denying any, & all culpability, too. That way, it'll be even easier to escape reality, while still unscathed. You can't trust anyone, as 97.5%+ of everyone, & everything has at least one ulterior motive for absolutely anything, & everything that they've ever done, & ever will do.

I fully support "hiding" your (emotional, & physical, as showing pain/emotions can be considered as a weakness, & will attract "predators," if that makes any sense), I've been relatively successful on internalizing my "pain" from nearly everyone who I know, & it's not difficult. Anyone who disagrees is just being obtuse. I only have just about 3 - 5 (at the very most) friends who I feel like I could actually be myself without feeling the need to put up a front, & hide all of my feelings/emotions, which I'm content with. I'd rather only have a small amount of good friends who I feel like I could actually trust, instead of having a large amount of "friends." & again, I'm not trying to say that everyone should stop having feelings/emotions, that is definitely not what I'm trying to say; I'm just trying to say that people who have such easy access to them are (unfortunately) way more vulnerable to predators (such as psychopaths, sociopaths, &/or sadists) who like to prey upon potentially easy targets. Now, don't think that I'm "emotionless," as I can cry like the rest of anyone/everyone else. I cry at least just once a year, maybe, which is/should be way more than enough to validate my humanity.

"Your thoughts lead to your feelings; your feelings lead to your actions; your actions leads to your results." Most of those "results" seem to be from acting on impulse, which essentially leads to ineluctable regret, which is unfortunate. This brings us to my original point; feelings seem to never be worth it.
Whenever I try to put forth a valid argument with empirical data to further prove my precision, people just shrug it off as me trying to be "edgy," when all I'm trying to do is politely, yet firmly inform them that having a substantial amount of feelings can, & will subsequently lead to immediate regret. Which brings me to my ultimate point; feelings/emotions are nothing but trouble.

It isn't my honor, but definitely my duty to insincerely "apologize" for this protracted vent.

I hope this little "rant" hasn't been depressing, or anything like that. I just wanted to share the fact that this can all potentially be avoided with positive thinking. My point is, I anticipate seeing everyone in a jovial mood. The amount of idiocy that I run into outside of the internet is just astonishing, & it leaves me, literally, speechless. & that's another reason to why I actually don't go outside too much.

If this was too long for you to read. Long stories get short, you just gotta learn stuff through denial, & error. Learn that it's all about supply, & command. It's all about survival of the fitness, & that it's just the oval of life. A link is only as long as your longest strong chain, & not to judge a cover of a book by it's look. I don't have enough people words to make it understand you the way it understands me, but it doesn't take rocket appliances to come to the sudden understanding/realization that positive thinking can be potentially better than marginalizing substantially serious topics if you don't let your feelings get in the way of everything.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erin For This Useful Post:
  • Ena, Resarekt
Reading this twice, I feel like I'm missing the link between the title of this thread, "Positive Thinking" and how emotions are a weakness; to be denied and hidden. I think you're making the case that thinking "positive" means to deny emotions. If my interpretation is wrong, feel free to correct me.
If I may, I would like to offer a counter perspective. This is my personal experience and it's not intended to invalidate yours. For many years, living under my dad, he was one of the key sources of my pain, shame, and anxiety, but it wasn't until a few months ago to realize this. Right out of high school, I got a job, didn't pay much, but what was first an opportunity to save up for myself turned into 3 years of giving 100% of my earnings to him. On top of that, I was socially isolated. Days were simply wake up, go to work, work hard, go home, and give away my labour like it was nothing. During this time, I shut myself off emotionally. Giving acknowledgement to emotions meant acknowledging the pain and I was so scared to feel that pain. But nonetheless, I was miserable. Hiding my emotions turned into toxic internal shame. This shame put chains over my mental well-being. Yes, the it was far easier to escape reality by denying the elephant in the room. But it's in my personal experience that it only goes so far until you snap. I moved out and starting saving finally, started college, and have been hanging out with friends at least once a week. My emotions were telling me the whole time that something was wrong, but I was stubborn to not listen. Deny, deny, deny.

So here's my assessment. Often times, when pain is experienced, we often avoid it as much as possible, sometimes for good reason. But avoiding and escaping is merely a bandaid solution and only gets more painful to rip off the longer it stays. I personally think it's best to view emotions as both helpful and degrading. You shouldn't wallow in negative emotions nor should you put up a facade of positive feelings in order to deny whatever's bothering you. It's ideal to learn how to work with them. This is why services like therapy is essential. Pro athletes need coaches still in order maintain their skills, right? Therapy is like your personal coach to help maintain your mental health. It's not something to be ashamed of; facing things alone gives you limited tools, but having someone else help you navigate what things you go through helps to shape different thought processes, usually for the better. Now I'm not saying therapy is the one and only thing necessary for learning to work with your emotions, but it's not a bad starting point.

What I'm getting at is that there should be, ideally, a more balanced perspective on how you weigh these emotions. It's usually when something traumatic or hurtful happens to us do we lean towards a reactionary way of dealing with it; it takes practice to learn how to be more centered.
So much reading, omg
Pineapple, Coconut, BIG Banana, 2 BIG meat patties & a ooshy mama! 

tldr
I always think positive even if I'm negative because nothing good comes from thinking negatively.
grateful.