[PR2 Bug] Super Weird Push Block Spawning Glitch
>> Ok this seems like a rotation physics issue so best not to mess with it tbh <<

(SEE NEXT POST FOR MORE DETAIL AND WHAT HAPPENS)

Problem: A push block randomly appears in a specific part of the level

Type: Both Client and Server depending

Expected behaviour: No randomly appearing push blocks

Actual behaviour: Long story (see below)

Steps to Reproduce: (see below)

Additional Info: (see below)

---

So, I was playing Wired by Makie98 with someone else and when they got the end something super odd happened, a push block randomly appeared when they entered the 1 high passageway the block spawned in. They could go through it and didn't see it so it is just on my end:

(I need to check if the push at start was still there, edit incoming soon)
EDIT: yes it does in both situations:

So then I decided to see if the push block at the start would do, so I got on my alt as well and thought the same thing would happen, but this actually happened:

I couldn't push the block right even though it looked like I could

The push block was still there on both the alt's screen and my own (only showing alt's screen here):

And the thing that was the most weird was the push block didn't show up on my screen anymore, so the behaviour was different:

(Video in next post)
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
Follow-up:
Video:

Video 2 (it let me push the block this time, but didn't let me before weird (maybe an issue with it thinking Camer999 was still in that spot the first time I tried it?):

EDIT: The only thing I did differently here than before was I closed the "Race Complete" thing on Camer999 and then opened it again by clicking quit again, this might've told the game that Camer999 had actually finished the race and wasn't blocking the push block any more (this is just my idea)

EDIT: Someone has suggested that "what probably happened is an undo/redo glitch where two blocks were put inside of each other. When you rotate it really messes with those type of blocks."

EDIT: Yes this seems to be the case, bi3liu made a level with the glitch and in fact the push block was there next to the finish as shown:

This push block moves down one to block apparently, it happens when both players are viewing the block and when one walks over it, the other sees it move strangely.
á
  • gemj
(1st November 2019, 7:04 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: >> Ok this seems like a rotation physics issue so best not to mess with it tbh <<

(SEE NEXT POST FOR MORE DETAIL AND WHAT HAPPENS)

The game calculates what it would do had you not been turned for many things in pr2 (like hitting mines when turned, which nets u can go through when turned, ur position for other players, etc), so if this decided to be worth fixing, probably be mindful of that, cause a lot of stuff is also dependent on this.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bi3liu For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
(1st November 2019, 8:49 PM)bi3liu Wrote: The game calculates what it would do had you not been turned for many things in pr2 (like hitting mines when turned, which nets u can go through when turned, ur position for other players, etc), so if this decided to be worth fixing, probably be mindful of that, cause a lot of stuff is also dependent on this.

Yeah messing with Rot. Phys. could break don't moves and possibly other stuff
physics changes are quite dangerous
á
tl;dr: o fooey, no touchy touchy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Camer the Dragon
(2nd November 2019, 6:17 AM)gemj Wrote: tl;dr: o fooey, no touchy touchy

lol yeah
cos apparently it's the same thing that makes mine physics weird when rotated
á
  • bls1999