Remove Max Rank/Token Checks
I do not see why they are there still (although there might be a reason I'm missing)
if a hacker hacked themselves a high rank or lots of tokens surely it'd be pretty obvious

https://github.com/jacob-grahn/platform-.../login.php

The code referred to in lines 184 and 200 is what I'm talking about
(The code referred to in line 194 makes sense to me still though, in case there was a weird bug out where more tokens got used than were there or something)

EDIT: if you wanted a check still, you could soft check and then record the Name and IP if it failed the check

EDIT 2: ok this sounded kinda mean sorry I only meant as an idea
á
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bi3liu, gemj
I do agree with the first line. Removing the max rank would make it possible for people to have "happy hour" stats and maybe if someone reaches a rank like 80, the exp calculator could decrease just a tab to make it easier to get to a higher rank than intended.
(1st November 2019, 9:19 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: I do agree with the first line. Removing the max rank would make it possible for people to have "happy hour" stats and maybe if someone reaches a rank like 80, the exp calculator could decrease just a tab to make it easier to get to a higher rank than intended.

that'd create too much of a gap imo, separating the most hardcore macroers from everyone else
there's enough of a gap already
á
what
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eternal For This Useful Post:
  • AspectZero, bi3liu, bls1999, gemj
(1st November 2019, 10:26 PM)Eternal Wrote: what

There's a server check that doesn't let you on if you're over rank 100 which is a bit weird
also one for more than 5 permanent tokens
á
also what
-AspectZero
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to AspectZero For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(1st November 2019, 10:32 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: also one for more than 5 permanent tokens

I think there was an exploit that caused that check but ?‍♀️
(1st November 2019, 10:55 PM)AspectZero Wrote: also what

Just say here what you did on discord where you actually said something about it lol

also E check the JV2 discord and scroll up we talk about it there
á
(1st November 2019, 10:32 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: There's a server check that doesn't let you on if you're over rank 100 which is a bit weird
also one for more than 5 permanent tokens
Why does the first part matter and the second part isn’t true.
(2nd November 2019, 8:11 AM)Eternal Wrote: Why does the first part matter and the second part isn’t true.

1) Yeah I don't think it really matters and I do not know why it's there (but maybe it is a good check just in case anything did happen?)
2) This is 2nd part
Code:
// sanity check: do they have more than 5 permanent rank tokens?
    if ($rt_available > 5) {
        throw new Exception("Too many rank tokens. Please use a different account.");
    }
á
Ah, the rented token check was removed. Again though, I don’t see why removing this is necessary at all. Just let it be.
Idk if you code but these things are more just there just in case it happens even though it's very unlikely they will.

Rank 100 is pretty much impossible unless someone buys a lot of rank tokens.

The rank token check is if someone somehow gets more than 5 permanent rank tokens, it probably won't happen but it's there just in case it does.

There is no harm in having them there, it doesn't make pr2 slower or anything like that so they are just there for security
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Stxtics For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(2nd November 2019, 8:59 AM)Stxtics Wrote: Rank 100 is pretty much impossible unless someone buys a lot of rank tokens.

The rented rank token check got removed but I don't see a problem getting to rank 100 or over if it's for a short amount of time if someone rents a bunch of rank tokens. Getting to rank 100 alone would probably still be impossible.
(2nd November 2019, 9:28 AM)Ashley766 Wrote: The rented rank token check got removed but I don't see a problem getting to rank 100 or over if it's for a short amount of time if someone rents a bunch of rank tokens. Getting to rank 100 alone would probably still be impossible.

Unless there is a sale nobody is going to spend enough money to get 25 rank tokens or more. 

At the moment 25 rank tokens would cost 7250 kreds, and 1150 kreds is $120.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
When/if the issue ever arises where we need to remove the checks, we will, like what happened with the rented rank tokens. Until then, I'm not in favor of removing them since they're serving their purpose accordingly.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Eternal For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999
As this is a matter of security and account integrity verification, I will not be removing this code. Sorry.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, Fresh Cookies, gemj