[PR2 Bug?] Published levels taking forever to update
I don't know if this was intentionally made this way or if this is a bug that has just been this way for a while, but updating a level in the search engine takes way too long.

Say I search "Camer999" and they just published a level named "Test", but they typo'd time limit for "9" instead of "0" so they update it and set it to 0. But the amount of time it takes to update the level in the search engine from ver1 to ver2 takes way too long.
Weirdly enough though, when you sort the search results differently (e.g. instead of page 1 in date desc, you instead search page 9 in date asc), the level is in its updated ver2 form there. The level still remains in ver1 form in page 1 date desc btw, even after searching page 9 date asc. Almost feels like the results are saved in your browser and there's no way to manually update them until PR2 decides to make that decision itself.

The same thing seems to apply for deleting a level btw. The level still stays there for a long time even after it's clearly been deleted, and all you get for trying to play it is a message saying "the course didn't load correctly".

The level updates should come immediately or within the first minute or two, not 15 or 16.666 minutes or however long it usually takes.
[Image: xmKCETn.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Vaza For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
Yeah
I think there should be a limit per player rather than a server cycle
e.g. 1 update per minute per player (if you update a level too quickly it'll save but queue up until a minute has passed until the update, unless the level is saved again in that time. idk how complex that'd be though it might be complex)

especially since pr2 has few players this hopefully wouldn't put too much of a strain on the server and could be made longer if needed
á
Right now, the list is set to refresh after ten minutes from the first search. This was originally implemented to decrease server load, but since there aren't a ton of searches happening these days, I think it would probably make sense to lower this limit to either one or two minutes.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, gemj, Lego-man945
Update: the deed is done! The list will now refresh every two minutes. If this becomes a problem (which I don't think it will??), it'll have to be increased again.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, gemj, Stxtics