Why Do People Buy Jeans That Are Already "Faded"/Ripped?
I never really understood why so many people buy jeans that are "faded," &/or already ripped. I honestly never wear jeans (except for just about a month ago for the first time in at least 5+ years), but if I did, they definitely wouldn't be ripped/faded. I have these sweatpants that can also be shorts, & I love them, but they kinda faded, so when they're as sweatpants (they have a little zipper that you zip to the shorts, if you don't know what I'm talking about), there's definitely a noticeable difference in the color, which I think is kinda unfortunate. Enough about my "JNCO" sweatpants. I just think it's very frivolous to buy jeans that look like they've been used everyday for at least a full year. It's pretty funny how jeans that are already faded (& by "faded," I mean a cheap streak down the jeans to make it look it's been actually faded, even though it looks like someone accidentally spilled very cheap bleach very strategically over the legs), &/or ripped will usually cost more than new jeans. & same with "acid-washed" jeans. This might just be because I'm not from Canada, but I never really cared for them, but I still won't ever judge anyone for wearing them, though. I guess I can see why some people might think that they look cool, but I'd try to wear clothes that will look rather new. 
This is kinda irrelevant, but I just feel like I should share this. I think flared pants look amazing. Especially if they have a crease ironed in them. A woman wearing flared pants with a crease ironed into them might just be one of the prettiest, most beautiful, classiest things that I can think of, & I don't even know why/how. 
Honestly, I don't even know what I'm prattling about, anymore. 
I'll just get back to faded/ripped jeans. I'll sometimes see people who you know can afford the nicest pairs of pants have jeans that you would only expect to see on a homeless person, I just don't get it. I don't understand why so many people will call it a "fashion statement," especially when it's way too popular for it to be one. I really don't know why people would buy jeans that look just like 3rd-generation hand-me-downs. 
Sorry for this trivial diatribe, I just seem to prattle about the most inconsequential stuff when I'm bored.
I personally have never bought (and don't plan to buy) ripped jeans. I think faded jeans can be a color choice.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
It’s called 2017 style, okay? Get there. If you don’t understand, don’t try too. Seriously, not being a dick. But yuh. Also, they aren’t just “ripped” Okay? Ok.
Pineapple, Coconut, BIG Banana, 2 BIG meat patties & a ooshy mama! 

I personally prefer wearing jeans that are deep blue. However, when it comes to tasks that requires one to work out doors or involving a messy arts and crafts project, I definitely wouldn't like to ruin a nice pair of jeans. Faded jeans don't look appealing, sure, but I do like the comfort that come with jeans, it makes sense to wear a crummy pair of jeans for those kind of situations.

Now if you're strictly referring to people that intentionally wear it out in public as everyday casual wear, well, it definitely doesn't look presentable. But I assume for some, they couldn't care less about it.
(6th December 2017, 4:53 PM)Mulley Wrote: It’s called 2017 style, okay? Get there. If you don’t understand, don’t try too. Seriously, not being a dick. But yuh. Also, they aren’t just “ripped” Okay? Ok.

"2017 style"?
I think that's the point. There's nothing particularly deep or meaningful about it, it's just a style. I'm not sure if I suit it personally, but some people definitely do.
It's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.
(6th December 2017, 6:13 PM)ridge Wrote: I think that's the point. There's nothing particularly deep or meaningful about it, it's just a style. I'm not sure if I suit it personally, but some people definitely do.

Something along the lines of what I was going to say. Certain people are able to make ripped jeans work. Same goes for skinny jeans, joggers, boot cut, etc etc. I will say that how you dress does reflect your personality and lifestyle in some ways.
Some people they look better than normal jeans.
grateful.