Poll: Do you think that the government should teach school systems about building financial wealth?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hell yeah, it's long overdue!
100.00%
2 100.00%
No, it's too late for that. We're all damaged, financially and suffering from serious debt issues.
0%
0 0%
I think they should teach school systems about building financial wealth for other reasons.
0%
0 0%
I don't think they should teach school systems about building financial wealth for other reasons.
0%
0 0%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Financial Problems - The SLAVE Trap 👀
[Image: lm6joJJ.png]

Most of you reading this thread are struggling, financially, you're extremely dissatisfied with your take-home pay after taxes, and you're scraping by living pay check to pay check. If you're not in this category of people, then congratulations. But, how many of you will come forward and say that you're not?... exactly. In fact, I bet none of you guys on this site, make anywhere near a six figure salary because if you did, then you wouldn't be investing your time reading this thread and staying active on this site, everyday.

All that intuition, pell grants, student loans, and scholarships that you obtained to get your degree can be worthless at the end, if you're not doing anything with it. 9/10 times, you're not going to achieve the desired income or job position that you desire at first, when you graduate. So, if your goal is to move up the corporate ladder quickly, then you need to reevaluate your living situation, otherwise your expectations will never line up with reality.

Do you have student loans, car payments that you're currently paying off, mortgages to deal with, credit card debt, or any kind of debt that's keeping you from being financially successful and reaching your goals? Damn, times are tough right now, aren't they? If only the government would have taught us about building financial wealth and avoiding debt in school and colleges.

Why don't they? - It's because they don't want you to get ahead in life, financially. It's a system designed to keep you poor, instead of building financial wealth and getting rich. Why else would they send you credit cards in the mail, promote student loans more than scholarships, and offer "get rich quick" schemes that are usually hysterical because it doesn't line up with reality?... You'd be better off building your own business or getting a career that pays six figures or more.

[Image: CEP0ioQ.jpg]

Moving up the corporate ladder to live a certain life style, can be exceedingly difficult because you have something to prove and there may not be too many opportunities in your field of study, or your working environment. Most high paying jobs come from people who are white collars that work in the corporate world. You rarely hear of any blue collar jobs making six figures.

While you don't need a college degree to move up the corporate ladder with certain jobs making six figures - you do need experience, credibility, network connections, discipline, and the right mindset.

So, here's my question for those who are interested in this thread: Do you think that the government should teach school systems about building financial wealth?

SOURCES

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Master Raiden
Based on what I've read, the reason why schools never teach anything about money or building wealth is because the school system got hijacked by John Rockefeller.

A really dumb quote that Rockefeller said was: “I don’t want a nation of thinkers. I want a nation of workers.”
Being a business owner, Rockefeller wanted skilled employees, so he created the General Education Board in 1903 to essentially turn the education system into an employee factory.

And now, schools pretty much prepare kids to become employees. If you want to be an investor or business owner for a living, then you won't learn very much from school. I wish I realized this earlier and didn't spend so much time studying stuff that would be useless to me.

Since the government decides what's taught in schools, I don't think money and wealth building will ever become a subject because turning people into workers instead of thinkers is what the government wants. Employees become tax payers, and employment provides people with a stable life, most of the time. And although it won't provide people with their dream life, it's a low risk, low reward path that makes a stable society.

Do I think money should be taught in schools? Yes. It's probably the most important thing in life, and from my experience, the teachers at school try to pretend it's not by saying stupid stuff like "money can't buy happiness", or "money isn't everything". And while the government probably won't allow schools to teach that, there is something that they can do.

If schools paid for an expert who offered after-school or weekend classes about money and wealth building, thereby making it not a part of the school program, I'm sure parents would love that.
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • Different, JEEJAYEM
(10th February 2023, 11:40 PM)Master Raiden Wrote: -snip-
When I was in highschool we had an economics class that covered money-making strategies and stuff (like investing).
It might've been different for me though since I went to a charter school.
[Image: LLwQFov.png]