Intriguing Flash Developments
As most of you know, native support for flash will be removed from all major browsers starting January 1, 2021.

There's been a development, though. I'm not sure the extent of how long after that date this will work or the details involved, but it seems that people are developing browser extensions that add back support for the flash plugin without making you go into your settings and manually whitelist sites (side-eye at Chrome) or otherwise go through some arduous task just to play Effing Meteors. Additionally, Newgrounds has developed a program that lets you "enjoy [their] classic content" as it was intended. I presume this has the same effect as the browser extensions, but I'm on a Mac so I can't test it.

I'm going to do some research on these tools. If it turns out that this solves the problem, I will include links to these extensions on the "no flash" notice for all the SWFs on JV2.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, gemj, Lego-man945, Northadox, Shane1334, tadtad, ~Bowl
Happy to know that pr2 will still be supported after that?
Important note: PR2 is also hosted on Newgrounds, so support for PR2 will definitely be continued past flash's EOL.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, gemj
Nice to know! Also thanks bls. I didn't know that you payed for this website to stay alive. You are truly dedicated
Why not convert PR2 to HTML5? Flash is being discontinued for good reason
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
(2nd February 2020, 12:22 AM)Ranko Danko Wrote: Nice to know! Also thanks bls. I didn't know that you payed for this website to stay alive. You are truly dedicated

Thanks for your kind words. To me, it's more about preserving a legacy than anything. I was as devastated as anyone when the original JV went down. I feel there should be a medium for Jiggmin's creations to be playable after being restored to their former working glory.

Thanks to @Eternal as well, who went in halfsies with me.

(3rd February 2020, 9:05 AM)Mystery Wrote: Why not convert PR2 to HTML5? Flash is being discontinued for good reason

I would, but a conversion of that caliber on code that old is bound to be an arduous task, both in time and my ability to code (OOP ActionScript -> JavaScript is not something I know how to do).

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766