PR2 v158: Spring Cleaning
PR2 v158: Spring Cleaning

This update contains some small additions and bug fixes.

Changes/Additions
  • Saving a level with a name of one that already exists will now warn you before doing so. No more accidental overwrites! You'll now get a popup asking you if you want to overwrite the data for the existing level under a certain title.
  • A nasty word about women starting with a w is now censored by the swear filter. Honestly, I have no idea why this wasn't censored before now.
  • in-game controls (arrow keys and space) will no longer work if the level chat is selected. No more accidentally using items while typing to your friends!
  • New emotes! You can now use : +1 : and : -1 : (or : thumbsup : and : thumbsdown :) to substitute ? and ? respectively (no spaces in between).
  • Rank 3 is now required to publish levels. Because some people don't let us have nice things. You can still save levels before you reach rank 3.
Fixes
  • The missing snowman parts have been added to the part popups. Thanks to the people that reported this to me privately (couldn't find a thread).
  • Hitting a happy block during a speed burst now updates the jump stat properly. Thanks for reporting this, @bi3liu!
  • Special characters no longer break the artifact hint. Thanks to @Ashley766 for reporting this!
Public Beta Update

This update still contains some code to a couple of beta features:
  • Tablet gestures in the LE (placing lines of blocks, dragging, artwork, etc).
  • Pressing and holding the CTRL key (also includes ⌘ for Mac) to switch from a selected LE tool to the delete tool and releasing it to return to the previously selected tool.
The reason these were released in beta is that they require testing across platforms. Please, still help with the testing of these features and post in Bugs & Suggestions if you find anything. Thanks!

What's Next
  • Fix the pesky speed burst + cowboy hat walking bug. This client was delayed because I was trying to solve this bug, but I ultimately decided to just get v158.0 released and worry about this bug in a future update.
  • Fix some of the vault code that's breaking things. I touched on this in the linked thread, but a lot of the vault code pertaining to guilds could be better constructed and is definitely due for a rewrite at some point.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bazooka, bi3liu, Camer the Dragon, gemj, IHaveDaCowboyz, Lego-man945, M!nt, Noah.Kiniy, Northadox, tadtad
nice update. the no-usage of items while chatting will save us millions
choose your energy
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to M!nt For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
woo!.no.more.talking.like.this
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to John m. For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, gemj, Lego-man945, Stxtics
(10th March 2020, 3:50 PM)bls1999 Wrote: in-game controls (arrow keys and space) will no longer work if the level chat is selected. No more accidentally using items while typing to your friends!
wait this wasn't already a thing?
i failed the mario twitter challenge
Very nice update!! ?
i just noticed we had to sacrifice typing while running
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to John m. For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(11th March 2020, 6:28 PM)platform guy Wrote: i just noticed we had to sacrifice typing while running

I can put that back without messing with the using items fix. Maybe make a thread in PR2 Suggestions and see how much support it gets.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, gemj
(11th March 2020, 6:28 PM)platform guy Wrote: i just noticed we had to sacrifice typing while running

(11th March 2020, 7:53 PM)bls1999 Wrote: I can put that back without messing with the using items fix. Maybe make a thread in PR2 Suggestions and see how much support it gets.

This thread explains typing while moving!
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
Very cool
Thank you BLS2020-21, very cool!
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now
It's just a spring clean for the May queen

Sorry I had to do this
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ForestDweller For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999
revolutionary!