[Pr2 Suggestion] Chat-only bans
For those who broke the chat rules, but otherwise have no other infractions. Will basically be a long warning. 

I feel taking away people's ability to play the game for the breaking a chat rule has caused great dissent, so having chat-only bans may be a better option for those who frequently break the rules. xd redundancy idk
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to bi3liu For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3, Addy, Ashley766, bazooka, Camer the Dragon, gemj, lalafox, Lego-man945, M!nt, Noah.Kiniy, Stxtics, tadtad, Vaza, Zelante
Yes! 100% agree
This is a reason why people won’t comeback.. all the active users are just banned for silly chat actions
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Addy For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, gemj
Yeah this needs to be a thing for chat-related bans tbh

would just need to make sure all chat actions are accounted for
lobby chat, PMs, race chat, publishing levels

publishing levels since you could put a message there
á
(8th February 2020, 9:26 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Yeah this needs to be a thing for chat-related bans tbh

would just need to make sure all chat actions are accounted for
lobby chat, PMs, race chat, publishing levels

publishing levels since you could put a message there

Turn everyone into a guest ban
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Addy For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, gemj
This has always been a thing we've wanted as staff, has been mentioned a lot before, but whether his can/will do it in not sure
(8th February 2020, 10:37 PM)Addy Wrote: Turn everyone into a guest ban

Yea!

Like a Member rank but with Guest colour or something, to give to someone for a set amount of time
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
100% agree.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=818553&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
this would be difficult

but

it's possible

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3, Addy, Alex.L, Ashley766, bazooka, bi3liu, Camer the Dragon, ClassyElephant, gemj, Janelle, Lego-man945, Zelante
Yesss!

I recall PR3 had such a feature, and IIRC it was called "Mute".

It basically took away their previleges to chat, while still allowing them to carry out every other feature in-game.
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
i thought you guys had mutes?
i failed the mario twitter challenge
(16th March 2020, 6:32 PM)ThePizzaEater1000 Wrote: i thought you guys had mutes?

I thought we did too
(16th March 2020, 6:32 PM)ThePizzaEater1000 Wrote: i thought you guys had mutes?

(18th March 2020, 8:07 AM)gemj Wrote: I thought we did too

We do, but the mutes go up to 2 minutes which isn't enough probably  Think Spin
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj

We have chat warnings which only warn up to 2 minutes, what we are wanting are actual bans from the chat that'll prevent them for chatting for longer and it'll also be recorded in their priors for future reference, but not stop them from playing the rest of the game
Added in 160!

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon