Rewrite PR2 in C#
The title says it all. Rewriting PR2 in C# would bring many benefits, and would preserve the life of the game and remove hassle of trying to keep it supported via emulators or such nonsense. I've seen it done twice before, the PR2 physics rewritten in C# by suuper, in his TAS program (which you can use as a base point for rewriting the physics) and by Lame, who rewrote the physics of PR2, in a game project that was never finished called "platform dash" which would be essentially a PR2 parody. The biggest bonus of a rewrite, in my opinion, for all players, would be a boost in the maximum frames per second, increasing the amount of visual jump points, which would essentially make the game easier to play, even for beginners, if the game were to run at 60 Frames per seconds, we would see players breaking limits, and beating hard levels such as Depression, The Net Dance, and 150 Steps, which on 27 FPS, are currently impossible.
-AspectZero
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AspectZero For This Useful Post:
  • Ajayci 100, Ashley766, Atari4600, Fame, John m., Lego-man945, Ranko Danko
I for some reason took this as you wanted to write PR2 in the key of C sharp

im not smart
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to a7x3 For This Useful Post:
  • Ranko Danko, Zelante
60 FPS, having a 2D, Pixelated character playing the second level in the original campaign.

We are just making New Super Mario Bros on the PC!!!!
Yeah
I thought this and said before cos the TAS tool
also it'd stop flash problems (like y'know, end of 2020 lol)
á
Given the ongoing development of PRF, an official C# rewrite of PR2 would be redundant. I imagine PRF will contain some of the suggestions in this thread. It will be programmed in HTML5/JS so it can be accessed on all devices.

You can find more information about the ongoing development of PRF right here. To suggest things for PRF, you can create a new thread in the PRF forum.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766