[PR2 Bug] Guild Token Bug [Stats Resetting]
Problem: Stats reset upon logging out and back in after equipping guild tokens

Type of Problem: client

Expected Behavior: stats are not supposed to reset when you log out and log back in

Actual Behavior: stats reset

Steps to Reproduce the Problem: Join a guild and then the rank tokens reset on their own

Additional Information: 

Note: I'm not really sure why this happens. I tried it with my main account and everything was fine
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
Can you explain with a little more detail? The video isn't really clear. Is it that the tokens reset to the user's base rank or that the stats reset? Under what conditions exactly do the stats reset?

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
(1st March 2020, 7:27 PM)bls1999 Wrote: Is it that the tokens reset to the user's base rank or that the stats reset? Under what conditions exactly do the stats reset?

They do both. The way I reproduced it is when I max my stats at the original base rank, then equip the guild tokens and max out the stats, and log out, when I log back in, that's when I see my stats reset to rank 0 and my rank tokens go back down to 0 instead of 3. When I max out the stats at base rank 28, and equip it without changing my stats, then my stats are fine, but the tokens go back down to 0 again.

This is a clearer video showing step by step what I did: (up to 25 sec. is what I said in text)

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
THAT... is strange
[Image: sigimage.php?u=818553&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazooka For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, gemj
I wonder if this is because the game doesn't update that you've used tokens but have used stats

so if you use all stats including from tokens, when you next log on the game is like "you have too many stats for your rank" and so resets your stats to rank 0 as a failsafe
á
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, gemj
(2nd March 2020, 9:30 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: I wonder if this is because the game doesn't update that you've used tokens but have used stats

so if you use all stats including from tokens, when you next log on the game is like "you have too many stats for your rank" and so resets your stats to rank 0 as a failsafe

Maybe, but when I bought a guild token for Beta Testers, my main account is still rank 54 and when I log out the stats remain the same  Think Spin
This is a server thing; it has to do with rank/stat verification.

(2nd March 2020, 9:30 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: so if you use all stats including from tokens, when you next log on the game is like "you have too many stats for your rank" and so resets your stats to rank 0 as a failsafe

This is exactly right. If you have more stats than your rank allows, the default is to reset them to 50-50-50. It's part of the verifyStats() function in Player.php. I can maybe change that to only subtract from speed instead of resetting completely.

As for the rank tokens, the reason it resets has something to do with the way guild tokens are used. I suspect they don't apply to the user's used tokens on logout in order to continue to display the user's actual rank after the guild tokens expire if they don't log in again. It gives me something to ponder; a lot of the vault's code for guild-related things is inconveniently implemented and half-baked. It might be due for a rewrite soon...

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bazooka, Camer the Dragon, gemj
This was fixed somewhere down the line! Probably in v162 with the vault code rewrite.

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766