NFL Fantasy Football 2021
Mind the grammar and syntax because I copied this from last year's thread and edited it for this year, so there may be some errors.

It is that time of the year (again, pretty late on this). Honestly, my motivation to do this was low, since I have barely paid attention to sports in the past year, but I do enjoy playing this. This is going to be a quick rundown of how this works. A fantasy league is a game where you pick a certain amount of players to form a team and they earn you points. Every week is a match-up between yourself and someone else in the league. The points for each person's team are compiled and whoever has the most wins that match-up. This goes on for about ten weeks, and then the playoffs start where the top teams play each other for the championship (as well as a loser's bracket). Winner of the championship gets to then brag to everyone because they won a virtual game (or win money, but this will be a free league).

Even if you know nothing about the NFL or American football (or detest that the United States has their own form of football and calls the traditional code of football "soccer" (a word created by the English)), it is simply a game of statistics and figuring out who will give you the most points in the week by adjusting the lineup, picking free agents, and managing bye weeks. 

The league will be hosted on NFL.com. Currently, it has not been created; I need to get a headcount of who will participate. This league will consist of people from JV and random people. I will make a public league, reserve spots for the interested players, and the rest will be filled with randoms. 

Please let me know if you are interested by PM'ing me your email account, so I can send the invite (and subsequently creating an NFL.com account if you have not). Also, I am hoping for creating the league approximately in the upcoming week and holding the draft soon after that (what I have found is the league fills up when the draft is a few hours away), since the first NFL game is 9 September. Always, please let me know if you have any questions. Sorry, this was kind of cobbled together.
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
my best friend and i, most likely be doing this once again
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Addy For This Useful Post:
  • Uptight 534
I like watching the NFL, but to be honest, I have no idea what I'm doing on these fantasy leagues. I'm gonna pass this time. Hope you guys have fun! Go Packers Falcons!
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Uptight 534
The league has been created, so please PM me your email address so I can invite you. The draft is tentatively scheduled for Sunday, 5 September 8:30 P.M. EDT/7:30 P.M. CDT/1230 Zulu.

EDIT: This post is null and void.
got room for one more?
Big Brother Council is ALWAYS watching
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: rApGaCt.png]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Resarekt For This Useful Post:
  • Addy
(3rd September 2021, 2:19 PM)Resarekt Wrote: got room for one more?
Absolutely. The public usually does not start filling up until about 24 hours prior to the draft.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Resarekt
1. I hope enough people join, so the draft happens (if not enough people join 30 minutes prior to the draft, then the draft gets rescheduled).

2. If anyone wants to do a Discord chat while the draft is going on, I would be game.

EDIT:
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76113ec67363b44adb7202...y.gif&ct=g]
Bumped up the time to get people to join and missed the mark in changing it, so now the earliest time it can be is 9:00 P.M. EDT. In all fairness, no one joined and there seems to be a bloat of different leagues where no one will be able to see this one on the public page, which would result in the draft not going forward. Worse comes to worst, I can find a league with opening and tell everyone to join that.
League is full. Finally got lucky on the fantasy league board and got put at the top. Draft is scheduled for 7:30 EDT (6:30 CDT). I can move it around a bit if needed (I made a post in the league about it.) Please reply there if you have any issues.
Stupid work for making miss inactive lists two weeks in a row. Also, stupid Thursday Night Football for being a thing.
Go go go Falcons! Let's get a win against the Jets! And good luck to you guys on your fantasy leagues! Remember, having fun is the most important part. Smile
Been a hell of a year! Best season that I’ve ever had. 12 - 4! Only loosing 3 at the beginning and an amazing 8 game win streak that lead me to the Super Bowl again! I didn’t pick my players at all, as I have been busy at work, my players was given to me from the draft auto selected them. I lost to Randy who didn’t have his qb(Lamar Jackson) was out with an injury, while I lost C. Edwards-Helaire from injury.

Here is the moment when I knew I had lost the Super Bowl:

[Image: HDFj9kf.jpg][Image: jgWZPhW.jpg]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Addy For This Useful Post:
  • Uptight 534
(2nd January 2022, 9:18 PM)Addy Wrote: Been a hell of a year! Best season that I’ve ever had. 12 - 4! Only loosing 3 at the beginning and an amazing 8 game win streak that lead me to the Super Bowl again! I didn’t pick my players at all, as I have been busy at work, my players was given to me from the draft auto selected them. I lost to Randy who didn’t have his qb(Lamar Jackson) was out with an injury, while I lost C. Edwards-Helaire from injury.
Congratulations! It was a pleasure having you in the league.
Did anyone else see that Bills Chiefs game? May be the greatest NFL game I've seen.