2020 Tokyo Olympics (in 2021)
(2nd August 2021, 7:14 AM)Mystery Wrote: If they gave out medals for cutest Olympians, Gabby Thomas would get a gold medal. Incredible runner as well!

Did anyone else see the high jump contest? It was so wholesome. One of my favorite moments from this Olympics.

Does anyone have any opinions surrounding the Simone Biles drama? Personally, I think she made the right call stepping out. Mental health is super important, and the pressure for her to perform was ridiculous. Also, I heard they were deducting her points because she's the top gymnast? That's absurd if it's true.

1. My mum was the cutest olympian, okay ?

2. Saw it live cause we had a runner in the 100m final right after. Korea's Woo incredible PB run of joy, the raw talent of USA's converted long jumper, and the perfect battle between Gianmarco Tamberi and Mutaz Barshim... so great. That moment when they both looked at each other after the official gave them the choice to both agree to opt out of a jumpoff with a gold medal each was the pinacle of the Olympics so far for me. And then Tamberi gets to celebrate  minutes later with Jacobs, his fellow Italian pal winning the 100m.

3. The right call was her call no matter what she chose, but usually top athletes' scores tend to be judged slightly LESS severely, so idk on this one, no info as far as I know.
If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to TRUC For This Useful Post:
  • Mia
(2nd August 2021, 7:14 AM)Mystery Wrote: Did anyone else see the high jump contest? It was so wholesome. One of my favorite moments from this Olympics.
Yeah that high jump moment was great, I woke up and saw the last jumps and then the result
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/olympics/58049699
(Also the video you linked seems to be blocked in this country, I wonder if this BBC one works worldwide)

(2nd August 2021, 7:14 AM)Mystery Wrote: Does anyone have any opinions surrounding the Simone Biles drama? Personally, I think she made the right call stepping out. Mental health is super important, and the pressure for her to perform was ridiculous.
I feel like if Simone Biles needed to step out due to mental health that's a good thing to do.
I wonder why she didn't drop out of all of the individual events at once (so she could go home to family etc. faster) but I assume it was probably since it was a tough decision for her so she needed time to decide for each event (since they don't occur all at the same time)

(2nd August 2021, 7:14 AM)Mystery Wrote: Also, I heard they were deducting her points because she's the top gymnast?
ngl this just sounds like suspicion to me, sorta like when a few 50/50 calls go against you and you become completely distrustful of the referee/judges (confirmation bias)
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Mia
(2nd August 2021, 7:18 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Yeah that high jump moment was great, I woke up and saw the last jumps and then the result
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/olympics/58049699
(Also the video you linked seems to be blocked in this country, I wonder if this BBC one works worldwide)

That one doesn't play in the US, so I don't know about other countries. Seems like the coverage is localized.

(2nd August 2021, 7:18 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: I wonder why she didn't drop out of all of the individual events at once (so she could go home to family etc. faster) but I assume it was probably since it was a tough decision for her so she needed time to decide for each event (since they don't occur all at the same time)

Well I think she wanted to be there to support her fellow teammates anyway.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
(2nd August 2021, 8:01 PM)Mystery Wrote: That one doesn't play in the US, so I don't know about other countries. Seems like the coverage is localized.
*gatekept behind a giant paywall.
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
strange, usually they specifically say "Available to UK users only" if it's regionlocked
this is the same one but on YT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb2gMh8_gF0 if that works (not sure tho)

EDIT: also Simone Biles seems to be competing in the last of the individual events at least atm
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Mia
The Olympics are almost over
there is just handball and water polo to wrap up, then the closing ceremony
I'll update the medal table after all events are concluded, but it will be
USA, China, Japan, GB, ROC, Australia
as the top 6
á