PR2 v159: Sharing is Caring
PR2 v159: Sharing is Caring

This update contains a bunch of new features and some bug fixes.

Changes/Additions
  • You can now press and hold the control (Windows, CTRL) or command (Mac, ⌘) keys to temporarily switch to the delete tool in LE. This feature was previously in public beta. Thanks to @AspectZero for suggesting something like this!
  • The "Last Updated" date for a level on the "?" hover popup is now directly under "Version". Such a small change that no one would've noticed it if I didn't say anything!
  • Guild owners must now transfer their guild before leaving. This will prevent orphaned guilds.
  • There is now a character count for the title/note when saving levels, as well as the send PM message box. Thanks to @Camer the Dragon for suggesting something like this!
  • You can now disable certain songs you don't want to play during races in the options menu. YouTube's Content ID system crumbles at the feet of this one. Thanks to @Camer the Dragon for suggesting this!
  • You can now search for a level by level ID. It's a new option in the "Search by" dropdown on the search tab. Also, the "Course Title" option was renamed to "Level Title" for continuity.
  • Levels now have their own information popup. If you click the "?" next to the rating stars, you'll get a popup with a bunch of level information (including but not limited to the song, items, and chance of cowboy mode). You can also access this by typing "/level level ID" in the chat.
  • Levels can now be shared via the level information popup. No more losing levels; send them to friends (or yourself) with ease by clicking the green button on the left!
  • Levels listed in the part information popups now use the new level information popups. Find part-giving levels with ease!
  • PMs now support a whole bunch of things they didn't before. Here are the new commands:
    Code:
    [user]Username[/user] -> Link to a user
    [guild]Guild Name[/guild] -> Link to a guild
    [level=*]Level Name[/level] -> Link to a level (where * is the ID of the level).
    [url]link[/url] -> Link to an external URL. You can also do [url=link]text[/url] if you want custom display text.

The following aliases for existing commands were added:
    [guildlink=*]text[/guildlink] -> [guild=*]text[/guild] (where * is the ID of the guild)
    [b]bold text[/b] -> [bold]bold text[/bold]
    [large]large text[/large] -> [big]large text[/big]
Fixes
  • The LE now displays the correct background color all the time. Previously, it would erroneously show as black under certain circumstances.
  • Both the level and author listed in how to obtain the slender parts are now correct. Previously, it showed Deliverance by -changelings- instead of -Deliverance- by changelings. Thanks to @Eternal for pointing this out to me!
  • Clicking "Send PM" on a player profile will now select the message box properly. Previously, it would lose focus between closing the player popup and opening the send message one.
  • The /hh chat command no longer screams about an invalid argument if you don't explicitly type either /hh or /hh status. There's no point in that. Thanks for mentioning this in the PR2 chat when you thought I wasn't looking, @Ashley766!
What's Next
  • Fix the pesky speed burst + cowboy hat walking bug. This bug apparently now occurs no matter if you're walking or not. Fun.
  • Fix some of the vault code that's breaking things. I've briefly touched on this, but a lot of the vault code pertaining to guilds could be better constructed and is definitely due for a rewrite at some point.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bi3liu, Camer the Dragon, Dangevin, gemj, Janelle, Kacsinszki, Lego-man945, Northadox, PseudoLW, Shane1334, Stxtics, tadtad
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
woooooooo ???
epic nice moment
awesome! Big Grin
[Image: MaCZ8B5.png][Image: hgmc09]
We appreciate all the hard work!! Thank ya c:
Can't wait to see it all.
Thank you ☣️BLS1999☣️, very cool!
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
That was a nice motley monday video to watch, thanks bls! Smile
This feature of referring directly to a level's ID is pretty awesome, I'd love to see some kind of great libraries of levels now that we can easily refer to them. Eg libraries of classic levels, difficult ones, etc. That's a job for the players, starting to collect the forgotten levels of PR2. I see it a bit as archeology to be honest. Big Grin
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Campaigns | Ilraon For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon