Continuing Speed?
Suggestion:

Continuing the speed boost you have after hitting the item box. 

If you are using the speed item and when you tap the item box, it shouldn't have to end your speed boost. 

This is noticeable in speed levels where the only item is speed and when you hit the item box, it ends the previous speed boost forcing you to start the new one which can be a headache in a tight race.
[Image: ee8ab6dbac0a539f2f76a703124bda0f.jpg]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LCPD For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bazooka, gemj, Janelle
Let's make it like Mario Kart. Where we can keep hitting the boxes and keep stacking up on items to use throughout the course.

Just kidding, unless...
Okay yes in all seriousness this is a good idea. c: +1 support.
But what if you hit an item box using a speed burst and want to save the 2nd for later

If this is a thing I think it should be level specific (toggleable in LE)
á
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, Rank
I do not agree with this at all, items should be kept as is, for various reasons, as this can cause bugs you don't want at all. (This is my opinion, and as such can be ignored.)
-AspectZero
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AspectZero For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Emeiry, Rank
(26th March 2020, 8:50 PM)Jae Wrote: Let's make it like Mario Kart. Where we can keep hitting the boxes and keep stacking up on items to use throughout the course.

Just kidding, unless...
Okay yes in all seriousness this is a good idea. c: +1 support.
That sound like a cool idea for a hat
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John m. For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Camer the Dragon, Janelle
(30th March 2020, 7:54 AM)platform guy Wrote: That sound like a cool idea for a hat

It might be good in combination with something else, like if the winged helmet was added. @Northadox's thread describes it as "Longer Speed Bursts, and more speed!", so this effect could hypothetically be added to that if it was added.

It could even be a small feature added to the jump-start hat, making it just a little more appealing (with a nice effect for wearers, rather than just on pick-up).

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Janelle, Northadox
(30th March 2020, 11:26 AM)bls1999 Wrote: It might be good in combination with something else, like if the winged helmet was added. @Northadox's thread describes it as "Longer Speed Bursts, and more speed!", so this effect could hypothetically be added to that if it was added.

It could even be a small feature added to the jump-start hat, making it just a little more appealing (with a nice effect for wearers, rather than just on pick-up).
i was thinking more of a idea that you can hold a extra item i posted it here as the ugly wig hat. tho the jump start hat could really use a upgrade to be honest i always thought it gave you extra speed bursts already
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to John m. For This Useful Post:
  • JEEJAYEM
(30th March 2020, 7:54 AM)platform guy Wrote: That sound like a cool idea for a hat

I like the way you think. : o
This would actually be really cool. Not necessarily add the OP's idea the way it was mentioned, but having this kind of idea added with a new hat would be really nice and interesting.
(30th March 2020, 11:26 AM)bls1999 Wrote: It might be good in combination with something else, like if the winged helmet was added. @Northadox's thread describes it as "Longer Speed Bursts, and more speed!", so this effect could hypothetically be added to that if it was added.

Increasing the maximum velocity in PR2 would definitely cause unstable effects. We may even see things like people being able to run through single block walls, definitely not the best idea in the world.
-AspectZero
(31st March 2020, 5:53 PM)AspectZero Wrote: Increasing the maximum velocity in PR2 would definitely cause unstable effects. We may even see things like people being able to run through single block walls, definitely not the best idea in the world.

I wouldn't increase max velocity. If anything, it would be a +5 stats boost.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • AspectZero
(31st March 2020, 6:22 PM)bls1999 Wrote: I wouldn't increase max velocity. If anything, it would be a +5 stats boost.
The santa hat already awards +10 speed, the moon hat allows you to jump higher, why not make it give a little boost to acceleration instead?
-AspectZero
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AspectZero For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, gemj