Legendary Part Upgrades
(31st March 2020, 6:56 PM)AspectZero Wrote: Video submission. Believe me, those runs will be *tough* to beat, and will require video evidence.
Although a very long shot in 2020, how do you accommodate players with PC's so bad that recording affects game performance or are just flat out unable to record?
Do we just ignore those people

Edit: what happens in the case of an unbeatable run where a level becomes so optimized you literally cannot go any faster would all tied records be counted?
Arrow
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Appah For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Emeiry, gemj
(31st March 2020, 6:56 PM)AspectZero Wrote: Video submission. Believe me, those runs will be *tough* to beat, and will require video evidence.

People would make optimized bot runs for those levels.
It also isn't hard to video edit from what I've seen.
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  • Appah
(1st April 2020, 2:26 AM)Appah Wrote: Although a very long shot in 2020, how do you accommodate players with PC's so bad that recording affects game performance or are just flat out unable to record?

Edit: what happens in the case of an unbeatable run where a level becomes so optimized you literally cannot go any faster would all tied records be counted?

If you tie a record, you're still the WR holder and so multiple people will get the part
á
atari4600's rank 0 contest can also be a candidate for these parts
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bi3liu For This Useful Post:
  • Atari4600, Camer the Dragon
GGP doesn't accept video runs because they're way to easy to cheat, these prizes would arguably rarer than anything from GGP so I would say video proof is nowhere near sufficient.

Also as Lego said, making bots runs is actually rather easy if you have the right knowledge
Arrow
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Appah For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
(1st April 2020, 2:34 AM)Lego-man945 Wrote: People would make optimized bot runs for those levels.
There is an obvious line between what is humanely possible in PR2, and what is not. We have players such as Atari4600, bi3liu, and devil6lair, and myself who could pick out the runs that are implausible.
-AspectZero
(1st April 2020, 2:34 AM)Lego-man945 Wrote: People would make optimized bot runs for those levels.

(1st April 2020, 6:45 AM)AspectZero Wrote: There is an obvious line between what is humanely possible in PR2, and what is not. We have players such as Atari4600, bi3liu, and devil6lair, and myself who could pick out the runs that are implausible.
What if someone made a bot run to just beat the time by less than a second, how would you determine indisputably that a run was falsified, if there's alot of grinding and time put into a run just to have someone deny it because they don't believe it but cannot provide solid proof that would turn alot of people off imo
Arrow
I do like the idea of having it to be something ingame but it would have to be something that is hard if not borderline impossible to cheat at whilst remaining fair for any potential participant
Arrow
(1st April 2020, 7:12 AM)Appah Wrote: I do like the idea of having it to be something ingame but it would have to be something that is hard if not borderline impossible to cheat at whilst remaining fair for any potential participant
So.. Ultratension?
-AspectZero
(1st April 2020, 7:10 AM)Appah Wrote: What if someone made a bot run to just beat the time by less than a second, how would you determine indisputably that a run was falsified, if there's alot of grinding and time put into a run just to have someone deny it because they don't believe it but cannot provide solid proof that would turn alot of people off imo
Like I said, there is a *very* obvious line between what is humanely possible, and what is not.
-AspectZero
(1st April 2020, 7:15 AM)AspectZero Wrote: Like I said, there is a *very* obvious line between what is humanely possible, and what is not.
I feel like I could make a botted run that would be indistinguishable from a regular good player

Your argument seems based on the assumption that every botted run would be impossibly fast or make use of things not humanly possible, but it's very possible to just bot a run that doesn't do anything impossible and still beats the time.
Assuming the bot maker isn't an idiot you wouldn't ever be able to tell all it was a bot
Arrow
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Appah For This Useful Post:
  • AspectZero, JEEJAYEM, Rank
(1st April 2020, 8:11 AM)Appah Wrote: I feel like I could make a botted run that would be indistinguishable from a regular good player

Your argument seems based on the assumption that every botted run would be impossibly fast or make use of things not humanly possible, but it's very possible to just bot a run that doesn't do anything impossible and still beats the time.
Assuming the bot maker isn't an idiot you wouldn't ever be able to tell all it was a bot
If it is not impossibly fast, then a human should be able to beat it.
-AspectZero
(1st April 2020, 9:08 AM)AspectZero Wrote: If it is not impossibly fast, then a human should be able to beat it.
You're missing the entire point, a human can beat it, but it's much easier to make a bot than to actually practise. Hence why people would do so to cheat and win easily.
It's not that the WR runs would be inhumanly fast it would just be significantly easier to make a bot and cheat than to grind it out.
Arrow
(1st April 2020, 9:08 AM)AspectZero Wrote: If it is not impossibly fast, then a human should be able to beat it.

What about frogs, cats, parrots, etc

Others deserve to have a chance at the legendary sets too
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to JEEJAYEM For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
I don't think adding a glowing aura around each part will make the parts look any better, if anything worse.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=818553&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
(1st April 2020, 2:26 AM)Appah Wrote: Although a very long shot in 2020, how do you accommodate players with PC's so bad that recording affects game performance or are just flat out unable to record?

Unfortunately, for those people, PR2 runs updates per visual jump point, instead of fixed updates. This means they will lose speed when they lose FPS, the best way to optimize their game is to allow people to use the swf file to play PR2.

Human players will not be able to set a record that can not be beaten.
-AspectZero
(1st April 2020, 10:55 AM)JEEJAYEM Wrote: What about frogs, cats, parrots, etc

Others deserve to have a chance at the legendary sets too
Sorry, this sport is reserved for humanity and machines only, no exceptions.
-AspectZero
(1st April 2020, 7:23 PM)AspectZero Wrote: Sorry, this sport is reserved for humanity and machines only, no exceptions.

Machines... ASPECT ZERO IS A BOT!!!!
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
(1st April 2020, 7:21 PM)AspectZero Wrote: Unfortunately, for those people, PR2 runs updates per visual jump point, instead of fixed updates. This means they will lose speed when they lose FPS, the best way to optimize their game is to allow people to use the swf file to play PR2.

Human players will not be able to set a record that can not be beaten.

Assuming no cheating and sticking strictly to game mechanics a human "could" set an unbeatable record the chances off it happening anytime soon are slim to none but it's definitely possible, especially since this game is so simple it doesn't really have any advanced asked tech or new glitches to find.
Arrow
There are still hundreds of glitches we have not found, or have been forgotten.
-AspectZero