F@H Problem
-- This problem is fixed! --

Folding@Home is not displaying points properly on team pages; they're displaying cumulative points for a user (across teams) rather than just Team Jiggmin. I've posted a bug report on their issues repository on GitHub, so they'll hopefully fix it soon.

Since automatic updates use this page, they're paused until further notice. You can still request a hat award you're missing via Ask a Mod, but rank tokens can't be updated using this method, unfortunately.

I am so tired of F@H breaking.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • $hake Junt, Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, gemj, Janelle, Stxtics
sad times. :\
Tell everyone on F@H forums to join team Jigg for those PR2 rewards Cool
á
I appear to have replicated the issue on another alt account, last night I folded a WU for my other alt named Zone and on that fast teampage url it shows the total points at 17,277 yet looking at this link shows 1,890 https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/Zone (this link also shows 0 active clients in the past 50 days, aside from the WU last night I also folded for Zone earlier this month so it should definitely not be showing 0)

I suspect this actually isn't a cumulative point issue as the total points for Zone across all teams is 2,350,540 (and I thought possibly it was only adding on the default team score as the only other team Xulu had folded for was default but Zone has 2,019,855 for team default). What I believe is happening is the fast teampage url is updating properly while other links are not, the base credit for the WU I folded last night was I believe around 9k-10k or more so theres no way Zone should be sitting at 1,890. This would also explain the mathematical discrepancy between the score for Xulu on the Team Jiggmin fast url and the score for Xulu across all teams. This issue is probably because of the recent surge in folding and thus causing the servers to not update properly across the board, or they rolled out some update that broke it. Either way this issue should be fixed with time and I assume the points displayed on the fast url are accurate (a little disappointing as it would've been cool to have an account with cowboy that has under 100k :p)
(30th March 2020, 2:18 PM)David Wrote: I appear to have replicated the issue on another alt account, last night I folded a WU for my other alt named Zone and on that fast teampage url it shows the total points at 17,277 yet looking at this link shows 1,890 https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/Zone (this link also shows 0 active clients in the past 50 days, aside from the WU last night I also folded for Zone earlier this month so it should definitely not be showing 0)

I suspect this actually isn't a cumulative point issue as the total points for Zone across all teams is 2,350,540 (and I thought possibly it was only adding on the default team score as the only other team Xulu had folded for was default but Zone has 2,019,855 for team default). What I believe is happening is the fast teampage url is updating properly while other links are not, the base credit for the WU I folded last night was I believe around 9k-10k or more so theres no way Zone should be sitting at 1,890. This would also explain the mathematical discrepancy between the score for Xulu on the Team Jiggmin fast url and the score for Xulu across all teams. This issue is probably because of the recent surge in folding and thus causing the servers to not update properly across the board, or they rolled out some update that broke it. Either way this issue should be fixed with time and I assume the points displayed on the fast url are accurate (a little disappointing as it would've been cool to have an account with cowboy that has under 100k :p)

That's a good theory, although I think it has to do with the frequency with which both update. The fast teampage URL is daily (I believe) whereas the user API may update more frequently.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
My web client suffers a bigger problem - it refreshes every second without letting me see how much stats i've earned. It's really annoying.
Platform Racing:
--Battle Royale--
and also
Platform Racing 2.2
(30th March 2020, 4:14 PM)bls1999 Wrote: That's a good theory, although I think it has to do with the frequency with which both update. The fast teampage URL is daily (I believe) whereas the user API may update more frequently.

Xulu now shows the correct score on the regular link (https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/Xulu) and the user API so they were indeed not functioning correctly and the problem looks to be resolved
(31st March 2020, 12:41 AM)David Wrote: Xulu now shows the correct score on the regular link (https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/Xulu) and the user API so they were indeed not functioning correctly and the problem looks to be resolved

Looks good to me! ?