Poll: what hat do you want in pr2 poll 2
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
none
0%
0 0%
sombrero
14.29%
1 14.29%
the smart hat
42.86%
3 42.86%
ugly wig
0%
0 0%
viking helmet
42.86%
3 42.86%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

new hat concepts
most of these are old hat doodles I had but never posted so really they are concept drawings. i will adjust and change the art if they get added to the game. 
[Image: hVI8afo.png]

Sombrero
fully charge your jump to spawn a taco minion. taco minions are just like weaker evil alien eggs. Their weapons don't effect the level like breaking bricks or freezing water and they cant hurt their leader.

The smart hat
Option 1With this hat you get +1 extra use for every item example you can use the sword 4 times, lightning 2 times and for items like jetpack and speed burst you just get a extra dot or 33% more time. I wanted to make a slightly more useful hat so it could use some testing. if its too powerful we can go with option 2

Option 2 you can be able to see player's health in dms or other useful information like maybe your collision boxes and collision boxes for nets or what item boxes will give you next

Ugly wig
use inspired by jae's idea just like mario kart double dash!! you can hold 2 items. to do so you have to hit a item box while holding another item. you will hold your most recently obtained item and once you used it up, you will be able to use your 2nd item you had before. if you get a third item it will dispose your oldest item so it cycles. also you can see both your items in the hud.

viking helmet
it was inspired by idea ive seen here a couple times before. you can break multiple brick blocks with your head without loosing momentum.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to John m. For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, dotime, Janelle, Liluzivertsdad, Northadox
I like the Viking Helmet idea cos it's quite a useful effect as well as similar to what Jiggmin said (maybe limiting to 1 brick or 2 at a stretch though)
Holding 2 items sounds cool but I see it breaking loads of levels (e.g. levels with a SJ glitch or Tele to force remove an item would break)
Smart hat sounds good, I like the alternative ideas (since once again multiple uses of something could break lots of stuff)
Sombrero sounds interesting and could be useful (We'd have to see), although I think each minion should only last for, say, 30s (to prevent being able to spawn loads and loads and lag everything out)
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Liluzivertsdad
Ooh, thanks for using my idea (and giving me some of the credit, means a lot). As Camer said above, as long as we could find a way that it doesn't break a lot of levels, I personally think it'd be kinda fun lmao.

I like the idea of the Smart Hat as well... being able to use an item an extra time/ for longer (only by a little) sounds fair to me.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • Liluzivertsdad
i drew these hats in pr2 real quick, the Marching Band hat and the Chef hat!

[Image: 0LQEurj.png]

[Image: IASRoXl.png]