[PR2 Bug] Brush position is off when drawing in LE
I think I've asked this before but who knows...
When using the brush tool in level editor, the sprite for the brush moves a tiny bit to the left and up.
This makes detail work on levels a little bit frustrating because you either have to account for that move or fix it up again.
(edit 1: it seems to be worse on odd numbers)
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
https://www.loom.com/share/7539d88b20904...4fbf124c4f
Maybe this will help you understand what I mean lol
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999
OMG THIS IS SO ANNOYING, IF THIS IS EASILY FIXABLE PLEASE DO IT. this has been a bane of mine for so long!
[Image: dDh1Lkq.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ajayci 100 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, Lego-man945
YES PLEASE! I remember the pain and agony this thing caused me in many levels I've made.
If it's possible to make the brush tool more precise, that would be absolute perfection!
Also while you're at it, raise the art limit pl0x
[Image: xmKCETn.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Vaza For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
I doubt I'll be able to fix this bug without changing the way art is drawn for every level (refer to the great text tool sizing bug of 2019), but I'll look into it when I get a chance.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
This exact bug has been the bane of my life for years, I remember reporting it back on old JV lmao
Arrow
yeah this is annoying lol

but if it were to be fixed it could break many, many levels
I think if it were to be fixed at this point it'd have to be a separate option
"classic brush align" vs "updated brush align" or something
and have the old levels keep the old system
á
God, has it been so long that I forgot this existed? would love to see it finally fixed :D
I did some research on this. It looks like the reason it's happening is that PR2 stores your brush stroke's starting point as a rounded number. That means that most of the time it will be a little off where you actually start. So, with the current system, it looks like the choice is either to show you as soon as you start drawing (as it is now), when you stop drawing, or when you reload/play your level. To me, while this is slightly annoying, the current behavior seems to be the most logical one.

At any rate, I believe that changing this will cause more problems than it will solve. For that reason, I'm going to say this probably will not be fixed.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
  • Lego-man945
If I remember right, clicking and holding on a single point wouldn’t draw anything. So I added some logic to draw a line from (x-1, y-1) to (x, y) for the first point of a line. That’s maybe what is causing these woes. A fix could possibly implemented by using different logic depending on when the level was last saved…
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jiggmin For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77, Ashley766, bls1999, Camer the Dragon, Lego-man945
(12th October 2023, 4:33 PM)Jiggmin Wrote: If I remember right, clicking and holding on a single point wouldn’t draw anything. So I added some logic to draw a line from (x-1, y-1) to (x, y) for the first point of a line. That’s maybe what is causing these woes. A fix could possibly implemented by using different logic depending on when the level was last saved…

I'll take a look. Thanks for the tip!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77, Camer the Dragon, Lego-man945
Handled in 168.2! (more info on the changelog thread)

• Lego-man945