Speech bubbles
Speech bubbles in races cos why not, chat can make my eyes go all weird like

so why not speech bubbles when you're close to someone as well for bants

good idea a7x3

fun fun fun
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to a7x3 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, AspectZero, Camer the Dragon, edetarod, Hyperacticpro, Janelle, lalafox, Lunanova, new bat pr2, Northadox
how big r the bubbles
(13th April 2020, 11:40 AM)Hyperacticpro Wrote: how big r the bubbles

I guess it'll all depends on how much you write
even like a background behind the text box so that the chats don't blend in the with the level. I feel like speech bubbles, while solving the original problem, would block out the level and maybe create a new one.
(13th April 2020, 7:46 PM)gemj Wrote: even like a background behind the text box so that the chats don't blend in the with the level. I feel like speech bubbles, while solving the original problem, would block out the level and maybe create a new one.

I think an actual text box would create more of issue for level blocking as it'd be permanent. What I'm saying is just a temp speech bubble that pops up next to the player, but the chat in the bottom left will still stay
(13th April 2020, 8:08 PM)a7x3 Wrote: I think an actual text box would create more of issue for level blocking as it'd be permanent. What I'm saying is just a temp speech bubble that pops up next to the player, but the chat in the bottom left will still stay

can this be visualised? to me (personally) this seems like a bit of overkill but I guess it depends on how big these bubbles are.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
(13th April 2020, 8:08 PM)a7x3 Wrote: I think an actual text box would create more of issue for level blocking as it'd be permanent. What I'm saying is just a temp speech bubble that pops up next to the player, but the chat in the bottom left will still stay

You could add a toggle button for the text box...
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(13th April 2020, 9:27 PM)gemj Wrote: can this be visualised? to me (personally) this seems like a bit of overkill but I guess it depends on how big these bubbles are.

If I was any good at doing so I would lmao
This seems a decent idea and I do support it but I could see it distracting other players such as.. on a frustration level, you and 2 others are playing on the same part of the level, 1 player could grief by blocking the part of the level you're trying to complete by purposely using the 'chat bubble' to block a stage of the level. Unless you could set the transparency of the bubble? Would have the same problem in trap lvls also.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=818553&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bazooka For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3, Camer the Dragon, gemj
I like bubbles and I like talking
(14th April 2020, 10:35 AM)bazooka Wrote: This seems a decent idea and I do support it but I could see it distracting other players such as.. on a frustration level, you and 2 others are playing on the same part of the level, 1 player could grief by blocking the part of the level you're trying to complete by purposely using the 'chat bubble' to block a stage of the level. Unless you could set the transparency of the bubble? Would have the same problem in trap lvls also.

I see your point Well, so there could always be the optinionin settings to turn bubbles on or off
Yeah it would depend on how big they are, but I like this idea 👍 Big Grin
are you trying to kill me

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3, Addy, Ajayci 100, Alex.L, Ashley766, AspectZero, Camer the Dragon, Eternal, gemj, Janelle, lalafox, Master Raiden, Northadox, tadtad
Um this is a cute idea. Speech bubbles only need to stay there like 2-4 seconds and could be limited to 3 lines where it ...'s after that