time to fold again
I've been folding on other users for other teams, simply because I'm more active in their communities, but now with the stim-pack... gonna have to come back to JV. Bit of a point of pride having all the rank tokens, but now I'm missing at least one... should add more tokens Tongue
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fresh Cookies For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bls1999, Camer the Dragon, gemj, Hyperacticpro, Janelle
Smelly Zeus approves. Wink

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • LuniFoxo
Awesome dude. Have you been having any trouble with getting work units recently? My PC has been struggling to get one for over 12 hours now.
(14th April 2020, 5:48 PM)Legend Wrote: Awesome dude. Have you been having any trouble with getting work units recently? My PC has been struggling to get one for over 12 hours now.

Restart your client! After so many attempts it takes hours for it to attempt again.
(14th April 2020, 5:48 PM)Legend Wrote: Awesome dude. Have you been having any trouble with getting work units recently? My PC has been struggling to get one for over 12 hours now.

Tons, honestly. It's why my PPD is so low. It should be up theoretically near 2.5-3 million, but it's hard to find any units, esp. GPU units. Has been since they announced the Covid units.
fold me pls

Welcome back ^^
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
Fastest way I'm finding WUs is to actually remove the GPU slot on the config and readd it, wait 2 attempts then do it again if you don't get a WU. Sometimes takes me a couple of tries but always seems to work for me.
I've also found pausing and resuming lowers the time by quite a bit. On average it's taking me about 8-10 attempts to get a GPU work unit and pausing and resuming the GPU means its only taking about 10 minutes max to get one.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Stxtics For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ
(15th April 2020, 5:35 AM)AlphaZ Wrote: The best solution is what @Eternal said. I just restart my client after 3 or so failed attempts.

(15th April 2020, 9:58 AM)Stxtics Wrote: I've also found pausing and resuming lowers the time by quite a bit. On average it's taking me about 8-10 attempts to get a GPU work unit and pausing and resuming the GPU means its only taking about 10 minutes max to get one.

Just got up and did another pause/start. Had a CPU unit at least, which is better than nothing.
Another solution is to keep removing and readding your GPU slot until you see an IP address appear next to the work server, usually when you get assigned to a work server you'll get a WU shortly after.