• bls1999
(23rd April 2020, 5:12 AM)mustangman Wrote: @bls1999
Razor Blade
do not u see?
Laser Tag Sneak Peak

that's it.

do not u see?

Legendary level. If you know, you know.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • mustangman
This thread game me a good excuse to play some PR2 again!
The truth is, I really don't remember much about the levels I used to play aside from campaign. I'm not sure if my memory is really poop or if it was truly during my childhood. I even forget some of my own levels >.>

I guess China by Overbeing is the level I'm most attached to. I like dreamy levels, with an atmosphere that drags me out of my every day life. I also like The descent by clairhof. Ezmeralda has some levels with dreamy atmospheres and unusual colour schemes, too. Justinbob makes fantastic levels as well.
I don't really remember much else.

There are many other good levels, made by people who are even still active today, but now when I play them I don't have the utter awe that I had as a kid. Back then I would never think to compare anything within PR2 with the rest of the universe - PR2 was a world of its own, with its own people, I would say an admiration that bordered on cult towards some "ancient heroes", and its own lands, created by its very inhabitants, which is quite beautiful when you think about it. And I would plunge in it with an intensity akin to a dream the first years I'd log in, as really tiny child.

Although it's absolutely possible as an adult to still do creative things even if that isn't your job, I find personally that an environment similar to PR2, with, granted, a lot of childish frustration and bitterness, but also shared enthusiasm and frank admiration, is difficult to find.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Campaigns | Ilraon For This Useful Post:
  • Emeiry, Northadox
(16th April 2020, 10:53 AM)Justinbob100 Wrote: I've always enjoyed Jail Break by The Racer. It's got a good combo of creative art and interesting gameplay.

Only OGs will remember this masterpiece
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Publius For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Justinbob100