[PR2 Bug] Kongregate client doesn't load
Hey! I was curious whether the Vault of Magics still works, so I went on Kongregate and found myself with this beautiful error message:

Quote:Error: It looks like you're using PR2 from a third-party website. For security reasons, you may only log in from an approved site such as pr2hub.com.

Frown((
a casual human being.
I come online here every 4-5 months or so. But hey. JV is still alive!
This is a browser issue, but I think I found a workaround. Try now!

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, Magyar
-- TECHNICAL DETAILS BELOW --
you've been warned

So, this was also a problem for JV. It's a problem with how certain browsers (aHEM safari) prevent user tracking (a newfangled fanciness called Intelligent Tracking Protection)-- they only send the base domain as the referrer, as opposed to the entire page URL (despite all directives set on the page). There's a good writeup about it here (under the section with document.referrer).

Well, what does this mean? English, please.

I was able to get around this by setting up a subdomain on JV2 specifically dedicated to serving PR2 (aptly named https://pr2.jiggmin2.com). Safari users will be automatically redirected to this link from the normal one at https://jiggmin2.com/games/platform-racing-2, but anyone can use it if they so desire.

As of right now, I only have Safari set up to automatically redirect. If you're having this problem on other browsers (or as browser security gets tighter), I'll add automatic redirection for those too.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, gemj, Magyar