Short-term goals
Making this thread just cuz I feel like typing it out and posting it somewhere will help me keep track of what I'm trying to do...hopefully idk

What are your short-term goals?

Currently mine are to learn how to use DAWs more complex than Audacity, starting with Reaper, and to get better at coding, perhaps learn a new language or polish up what I know so far about java. Possibly start learning to build a PC
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JEEJAYEM For This Useful Post:
  • Dangevin, gemj
Current goals are to actually pass a semester of college. I'm one of those "gifted" kids that never actually had to develop study skills, so now I've screwed the pooch for six straight semesters. That and get proper diagnoses for the resulting mental illnesses from repeated failure.

Also, if you want help with picking parts, shoot me a DM! It's one of my favorite things to do.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fresh Cookies For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, gemj, JEEJAYEM
Finish the remaining two weeks in my semester and try not to go insane sitting at home. Also, finish v160 of PR2.

(28th April 2020, 12:14 AM)Fresh Cookies Wrote: Current goals are to actually pass a semester of college.

Me too!

(28th April 2020, 12:14 AM)Fresh Cookies Wrote: I'm one of those "gifted" kids that never actually had to develop study skills, so now I've screwed the pooch for six straight semesters. That and get proper diagnoses for the resulting mental illnesses from repeated failure.

Hey, be nice to my friend Fresh Cookies. >:(

College is difficult. Like really difficult. Your academic success has no bearing on who you are! At the end of the day, all it is is a piece of paper. Plus, coronavirus really isn't making things any easier. Things will work themselves out in time. Smile

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Ashley00, Ashley766, gemj
top priority is to stop being so miserable and be motivated again.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77, AlphaZ, Ashley766, bls1999, Dangevin, Fresh Cookies, Lunanova, Zelante
Mmmmm. Currently lowering my dosage on some of my meds so one of my goals is to keep myself motivated, happy, and less sensitive/stressed. ^^
I hope to graduate college at the end of this year and to move on to uni.. and I hope to code a discord bot in python (once I'm done with my course ofc) Tongue and also trying not to go insane, hopefully this pandemic will be over soon 🙏
Currently just purchased a lot of equipment for my band for recording and playing, hoping once this lockdown ends we can start getting to where we want to be
Hopefully passing all of my classes rn with at least a B and heading to med school so hopefully that goes well
[Image: VnNsnRk.gif]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to thique For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77
  • Finishing up my last semester of undergraduate education. I essentially have one last project and I will be all set.
  • Bulking/weight training during this quarantine. I have been going at it ever since I came home in my makeshift home gym and it is going very well. 
  • Get into graduate school/get a job (either or at this point, but leaning towards graduate school).
  • Landscaping just to keep busy. 
  • Conquer the world in Sid Meier's Civilization 3. Pro tip, the best method I found to kill time during the quarantine is to play a Sid Meier game.
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
my  goals are to: become good at pr2,and to not fail high school
[Image: ZkcHvsf.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to new bat pr2 For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox
Finish Uni with a good grade
á
To get good at soldering, it's a skill I've wanted to learn for a while as there's so many things I want to do that require soldering. Recently bought a Hakko FX888D so I plan to put that to good use. I also want to really get back into working out with a good routine and consistency, been putting it off for too long.

And I can also help you out with building a PC, I could go over several different options with you within a set budget and explain the pros and cons of each but I will say it's not the best time to build a PC with this recent pandemic causing the market to be in a unique position (it's not too terrible though in comparison to the mining craze and bad ram prices a few years back)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley00, JEEJAYEM
I have to pass my chem final with at least a 79 to keep my A in that class, and I also have to get a really good grade on my biology final to raise my grade to an A, then I'll maintain my 4.0. Odds aren't looking great for me though.
I wanna learn how to commit to ollie-ing onto objects/over gaps properly so I can cruise, then by extension land a heelflip/kickflip moving
[Image: QbNSkSz.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ajax-iwnl For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(30th April 2020, 7:42 AM)Ajax-iwnl Wrote: I wanna learn how to commit to ollie-ing onto objects/over gaps properly so I can cruise, then by extension land a heelflip/kickflip moving

Havent been on a skateboard in years but at some point regular and switch tricks become easier while moving than doing it stationary. It's a momentum thing I think
getting good internet
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(1st May 2020, 3:31 AM)Lego-man945 Wrote: getting good internet

same with me and my entire country. politics :/
(29th April 2020, 4:47 PM)lalafox Wrote: I have to pass my chem final with at least a 79 to keep my A in that class, and I also have to get a really good grade on my biology final to raise my grade to an A, then I'll maintain my 4.0. Odds aren't looking great for me though.
I know no one cares, but

Update: I did it Big Grin Big Grin 4.0 babayyyy
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lalafox For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, gemj, JEEJAYEM, John m.
(18th May 2020, 1:21 PM)lalafox Wrote: I know no one cares, but

Update: I did it Big Grin Big Grin 4.0 babayyyy

I care! Congrats lala Smile
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, John m., lalafox
Pass the course with a 3.5 average.

Become fluent with Linux.

Become a better 3D artist.