Option to disable Level Editor's borders
Doing anything near the LE borders is hard to do, making anything near them almost pointless. I think there should be a option to disable them, I know they're there to avoid floating point errors, so there should be a message saying something along the lines of "Disabling the level editor's borders, may result in unexpected gameplay."
[Image: dDh1Lkq.png]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ajayci 100 For This Useful Post:
  • bi3liu, Camer the Dragon, gemj, Master Raiden, xGuest
You can't place enough blocks to completely fill in the current level box that you already have. Just build some where more central.
-AspectZero
(3rd May 2020, 11:32 PM)AspectZero Wrote: You can't place enough blocks to completely fill in the current level box that you already have. Just build some where more central.

long linear levels

I'm only at like 6-7k blocks on my new level and already nearly at the wall
á
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • bi3liu, gemj
You can place blocks outside the boundaries already its just really frustrating to see what you’re doing past them
also some levels, even some campaign levels uses glitches that only work near the boundaries or past them, but enabling this would make the process really really easy to do. For example a level by me called “gate unlocker” uses this
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ajayci 100 For This Useful Post:
  • bi3liu
I thought this post was going to be about disabling the Level Editor's GUI. I think both that and what you're suggesting are good ideas, though!
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • Ajayci 100, Camer the Dragon
It might be a cool idea to have a "re-center" button that automatically repositions the blocks and art if you build too far and hit the wall. Or just disable the wall entirely.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kwing For This Useful Post:
  • Ajayci 100, Camer the Dragon, Zelante
For those who like experimenting with glitches, removing the borders would make life a lot easier.

I would at least like to see the borders expanded. The Level Editor is 2000x2000 blocks if I'm not mistaken, and given the initial starting position, you don't really have much space to the left and above you before you hit the border.
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • Ajayci 100, Camer the Dragon
(13th March 2023, 7:21 AM)Master Raiden Wrote: For those who like experimenting with glitches, removing the borders would make life a lot easier.

I would at least like to see the borders expanded. The Level Editor is 2000x2000 blocks if I'm not mistaken, and given the initial starting position, you don't really have much space to the left and above you before you hit the border.

I completely agree, and the game already supports art and blocks outside that 2000x2000 limit almost fully, so it wouldnt be too hard I would guess to make a thing
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ajayci 100 For This Useful Post:
  • Master Raiden