Custom Item Block
Star 
I have an idea for a future update that i heavily encourage like the staff to take into consideration - Custom item blocks!

I have talked to a lot of PR2-players about this and they all seem to agree with me. I think the addition of custom item blocks would make level-building even more dynamic and open alot of new possibilites. 

Here's what i mean by "custom item blocks":
Say you have made a level and you want to utilize different items throughout the level, but you are being held back by the fact that the item you get from an item block is random. What if you could pick which specific item(s) were in 1 block? For example, If i want to make a level where you use a jetpack, superjump, you name it, but i also want a teleport section later on in the level - it would currently be impossible, since you could just skip everything with one teleport.
(6th May 2020, 1:30 PM)Odin0030 Wrote: I have an idea for a future update that i heavily encourage like the staff to take into consideration - Custom item blocks!

I have talked to a lot of PR2-players about this and they all seem to agree with me. I think the addition of custom item blocks would make level-building even more dynamic and open alot of new possibilites. 

Here's what i mean by "custom item blocks":
Say you have made a level and you want to utilize different items throughout the level, but you are being held back by the fact that the item you get from an item block is random. What if you could pick which specific item(s) were in 1 block? For example, If i want to make a level where you use a jetpack, superjump, you name it, but i also want a teleport section later on in the level - it would currently be impossible, since you could just skip everything with one teleport.
With custom item blocks we would have so many new creative options when creating a level - Here's an example i came up with:

http://prntscr.com/sc4n16

This is one example of a new type of level, where you utilize your item the correct way to win. Right now this would be impossible of course, since the item you get from the block is by chance.

The custom item block could, for example, be an item block with a green question mark. Perhaps it would be easier to make it a new block than to change the coding on previous item blocks?

If this block is eventually added, it would be cool to have these additions:
Amount: ___ (How many of the specific item there will be in the single block)
Infinite: The same as the current "infinite item block" but you only get the custom item.

Both of these additions could be applied to my level idea above - You get a certain amount of attempts (with the normal custom item block) or infinite attempts (with the infinite custom item block).

This is an update that everyone could use to make PR2 even more fun and creative!

- Odin0030
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Odin0030 For This Useful Post:
  • Ajayci 100, Ashley766, bi3liu, iParkiin, Magniloquent, new bat pr2, oxy, Prince Ande, Tejs, TheWicked, __
yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyessssssssss
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Magniloquent For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bi3liu, Odin0030, oxy, __
Quality suggestion odin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to __ For This Useful Post:
  • Odin0030, Prince Ande
Something like this? (something I just whipped up)
[Image: thRmtmv.png]
[Image: dDh1Lkq.png]
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ajayci 100 For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, Ajax-iwnl, Ashley766, bi3liu, Camer the Dragon, Magniloquent, Odin0030, oxy
yes
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Hyperacticpro For This Useful Post:
  • Odin0030
(6th May 2020, 3:56 PM)Ajayci 100 Wrote: Something like this? (something I just whipped up)
[Image: thRmtmv.png]
Yes great idea
(6th May 2020, 1:54 PM)Odin0030 Wrote: With custom item blocks we would have so many new creative options when creating a level - Here's an example i came up with:

http://prntscr.com/sc4n16

This is one example of a new type of level, where you utilize your item the correct way to win. Right now this would be impossible of course, since the item you get from the block is by chance.

The custom item block could, for example, be an item block with a green question mark. Perhaps it would be easier to make it a new block than to change the coding on previous item blocks?

If this block is eventually added, it would be cool to have these additions:
Amount: ___ (How many of the specific item there will be in the single block)
Infinite: The same as the current "infinite item block" but you only get the custom item.

Both of these additions could be applied to my level idea above - You get a certain amount of attempts (with the normal custom item block) or infinite attempts (with the infinite custom item block).

This is an update that everyone could use to make PR2 even more fun and creative!

- Odin0030
I have been informed that this idea has previously been proposed and that the problem was that it could corrupt old levels.
That is why i came up i with the idea of making it a new block - That way it shouldn't interfere with old levels, since they don't include that block.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Odin0030 For This Useful Post:
  • Ajayci 100, iParkiin, oxy
(6th May 2020, 6:51 PM)Odin0030 Wrote: I have been informed that this idea has previously been proposed and that the problem was that it could corrupt old levels.
That is why i came up i with the idea of making it a new block - That way it shouldn't interfere with old levels, since they don't include that block.
You also could have a check to only do it with new levels made after the update's date, so it doesn't even affect older levels
[Image: dDh1Lkq.png]
I've been an advocate for this idea myself. Previously, I posted this regarding its implementation. Since then, I've become a lot more familiar with how the PR2 code structure works. It would be a ton of work, but it's possible that I may decide to take a stab at it at some point.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3, Ajayci 100, Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, gemj, Odin0030
Big thumbs up to block customization in general.
Maybe with these customized item blocks, if you have them set up to only spawn one particular item, it'd replace the "?" graphic with the item's icon instead.
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
(7th May 2020, 12:08 AM)Northadox Wrote: Big thumbs up to block customization in general.
Maybe with these customized item blocks, if you have them set up to only spawn one particular item, it'd replace the "?" graphic with the item's icon instead.

Yeah this'd be good
and have like a blue/red border to indicate 1 time use or inf use
á
Make it happen @bls1999
Owner of Prince Ande, Murderer, Viking & Thousand Hands [Trapwork Accounts]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Prince Ande For This Useful Post:
  • Odin0030
(6th May 2020, 7:13 PM)bls1999 Wrote: I've been an advocate for this idea myself. Previously, I posted this regarding its implementation. Since then, I've become a lot more familiar with how the PR2 code structure works. It would be a ton of work, but it's possible that I may decide to take a stab at it at some point.
Awesome! hope you get to try it soon as possible, it would create whole new level types!
It would be cool if this item block was a exclamation point to differentiate
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to John m. For This Useful Post:
  • Odin0030
At long last, this has been added! (v164)

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Odin0030