Poll: is this a good idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
0%
0 0%
yes
0%
0 0%
ice vanish
100.00%
7 100.00%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

FYR4
As we all know, the platform racing series is all about wasting large amounts of your time on completely pointless tasks. That's why I made this mess of a level.
[Image: NFqgcT8.png]
This is the minimap before sector 12. The red at the bottom is just move blocks that go down, don't worry about those. They're about six and a half minutes of falling down, and they only extend the time falling to the insane amounts to complement going up. After all, who doesn't love hour long falls? There's also a lovely background that tells you what this level is all about! 
[Image: Eg3r7nY.png]
The border between sectors is easily defined. [Image: xzPrpbU.png]What's a FYR roller without things that may be considered war crimes?

Sectors of FYR4
 - Sector 1 is a mix of vanishes and bombs. You avoid the bombs and try not to fall into the abyss. Falling into the abyss sends you back to the start.
 - Sector 2 is a staircase filled with bombs. There are occasional holes in the bottom, and again, falling into the abyss sends you back to the last checkpoint. Better hope you grabbed the checkpoint at the end of Sector 1. The blocks at the top send you down 50 blocks, making you fall into the abyss.
 - Sector 3 is a very large square of bombs, similar to sector 2 of FYR3, but much bigger. It also winds differently.
 - Sector 4 is just a line of vanishes in a down and right path. This is to give the player a break before Sector 5, and make up for Sector 3.
 - Sector 5 is a mega sector. It goes upward in a zigzag pattern, and each part changes color and has progressively more powerful bombs.
 - Sector 6 is a long line of vanish blocks. It is a *very* long line.
 - Sector 7 is quite like sector 4 of FYR3. It has up arrows and forced bomb hits.
 - Sector 8 is a wall jump tunnel filled to the brim with bombs. Also, you can't climb the sides.
 - Sector 9 is the longest sector by length I believe. It has no bombs, but there are no internal checkpoints. They are normal blocks made with Cool Guy.
 - Sector 10 is a stat hell sector. The player chooses between reversed speed and lowered FOV. It contains mini versions of previous sectors.
 - Sector 11 is a good old ice sector.
 - Sector 12 is a floating point hell sector. It starts with the player teleporting over a million blocks away, to an area where floating point rounding error effects are very noticable.

This level is very near the point where the server refuses to save the level. A testing version where anyone can create footage at any point of the level will be made.

The level is theoretically possible to beat, but not practically possible. You can beat it, but do you really want to spend a week trying to beat this level?

Someone might come in with an 12 person team (ʰᵃʰᵃ ᵃˢ ᶦᶠ) and beat it, but I don't anticipate that happening ever.
📈📈📈📈📈📈📈roller emote when 📈📈📈📈📈📈📈
i failed the mario twitter challenge
[Image: HT1z8Zq.png]
Sector 3 is coming along well. PR3 rendering gets kinda wacky when I zoom out this far, despite me having the window upscaled to the best I can get on a 1080p monitor. If you look closely, you'll notice I'm almost halfway done.
[Image: O0c8kTc.png]

Sector 5 (everything after the finish block symbol) is going quite well. I'm going to add two more internal sectors to Sector 5, which will be purple and pink. Each internal sector has more powerful bombs than the last. There is no checkpoints within Sector 5, but if you fall, most likely you'll only fall one color down. I'm not quite sure what I want to do for sector 6 yet.
This is the worst concept for a level in platform racing history, perhaps all games.
-AspectZero
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AspectZero For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Camer the Dragon, ClassyElephant, gemj, John m.
(10th May 2020, 12:16 PM)AspectZero Wrote: This is the worst concept for a level in platform racing history, perhaps all games.

that's what makes it 10/10
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • LuniFoxo
(10th May 2020, 12:16 PM)AspectZero Wrote: This is the worst concept for a level in platform racing history, perhaps all games.
:)
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ThePizzaEater1000 For This Useful Post:
  • Lunanova
Thoughts?
[Image: gp3bjCz.png]
[Image: nMGiAZr.png]
Sector 7 has been completed. It is quite like the hell towers of previous FYR installments. However, uh, I sorta kinda did not hold back on the bombs at all. It also moves horizontally quite a bit, so you're never safe from an hour long fall into the void : )

📈📈📈📈
When this is done I wanna see you stream it lol
á
(8th June 2020, 5:50 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: When this is done I wanna see you stream it lol
I've been occasionally streaming me making this level, but I probably wont involve myself in attempts to beat this. FYR3 is long enough. I don't think my sanity would handle a level this large.

Anyways, sector 8 is done. Looking for ideas for sector 9.
Smile 
And so it gets worse, just like my life   Cool

[Image: P67Eqqs.png]

Sector 9 time. Sector 10 will most likely be a "stat hell" sector where the player has to play a few generic roller areas with a curse they choose, low FOV or reversed speed (basically inverts left and right)
by low FOV do you mean like high lua value (so super zoomed in) or low lua val (super zoomed out)
á
(18th June 2020, 12:11 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: by low FOV do you mean like high lua value (so super zoomed in) or low lua val (super zoomed out)

Super zoomed in, since super zoomed out causes the game to go from 30 fps to 0.03 fps in this level.
(19th June 2020, 7:52 PM)ThePizzaEater1000 Wrote: Super zoomed in, since super zoomed out causes the game to go from 30 fps to 0.03 fps in this level.

lol the low FPS'd fit the level tbh
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(20th June 2020, 11:25 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: lol the low FPS'd fit the level tbh
Even on my PC it crashes instantly. Iso did a extreme stupid and made the negative FOV functionally act the same as the super zoomed out, which means that despite the shown view being quite small, it still tries to render the entire level.

Anyways, the level is complete and published. I updated the original post above to fit the current state of the level. From here on, changes will largely just be to the background or to fix issues if any are found.