Exciting news!
Look who I found!

[Image: qi17LoO.png]

@Jiggmin and I had a video chat conversation today!

The way this happened was kind of out of the blue. I asked him if how I plan to implement something into v160 is the most efficient way to do it, and he asked if I wanted to have a video call. He got me about 3/4 of the way to a really good method of implementing the thing about which I was asking, so that's cool.

He also gave some information about Bubble Racing. Unsurprisingly, he said he "definitely pulled some inspiration from Kongregate Racing." He sees Bubble Racing as a "spiritual predecessor" to Platform Racing Forever. Development for PRF had initially been in Phaser, but he didn't like it (or had some other reason he didn't want to use it, I'm blanking). Bubble Racing is his method of gaining more experience using GoDot, which is what he intends to use for PRF. The WIP of Bubble Racing can be played here (dev version) or here (master version). The dev/master links are reflective of the current state of the dev/master branches on the GitHub repo.

He seemed apologetic for not being on JV as much as he "should." I told him he's always welcome and gave him the invite. It would be nice to have him pop in every now and then. He did mention that he sometimes hops on PR2 on a guest account and plays a few levels!

If I remember anything else we discussed, I'll post below and/or update this post. Overall, he is as nice in person as he seems in his videos and on the forums. Truly a great guy. I hope I get the chance to speak with him again, but if that's the last time, I'm happy I got the chance at all.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
It's 3am and I've waited for this announcement

No regrets
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to a7x3 For This Useful Post:
  • BronxBomber, Stxtics
thats awesome. cant wait to see the future for the community he built <3
choose your energy
(7th May 2020, 9:03 PM)bls1999 Wrote: He did mention that he sometimes hops on a guest account and plays a few levels!

Be nice to the guests! Tongue
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fresh Cookies For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, bls1999, Camer the Dragon, JEEJAYEM, John m., Nemo Nation, Northadox, okbob3, TRUC
Awesome!
- Bluelightning

[Image: Signiture.png]
Thanks for sharing !
[Image: sigimage.php?u=818553&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bazooka For This Useful Post:
  • John m.
That's amazing!!!! Big Grin

Thank you for sharing this!
Awesome!!!!! Such exciting news. Big Grin
That's some good news! I wonder what's next...
First time seeing Jiggmin's face in 5 years, absolute chills bro..
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to IHaveDaCowboyz For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, Ashley766, bls1999, Bluelightning, Camer the Dragon, Eternal, Fresh Cookies, gemj, John m., okbob3, ProClifo, Zelante
I...

I want to hug him
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bls1999, Eternal, Fresh Cookies, gemj, John m., Zelante
JIGGMIN!!!!!!!
Put a smile on my face soon as I opened the thread, very cool you got to video chat him!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, gemj
He’s alive and damn he’s changed.
[Insert something clever here]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to LCPD For This Useful Post:
  • Dangevin
Well, this is actually disappointing. What exactly is Jiggmin working on at this point? I can't believe you got a one in a million chance to talk to him this way and didn't record it, take notes, or anything. I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but to me this just looks like you made a fleeting interaction with him that included no official announcements or overall payoff. It's not even clear from this if Jiggmin is working on PRF at all. What the heck is Bubble Racing?
Those who wield swords but choose to sheath them will inherit the earth (closer interpretation).
T H E M A D M A N H A S D O N E I T .
(8th May 2020, 12:10 AM)Speedblur Wrote: Well, this is actually disappointing. What exactly is Jiggmin working on at this point? I can't believe you got a one in a million chance to talk to him this way and didn't record it, take notes, or anything. I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but to me this just looks like you made a fleeting interaction with him that included no official announcements or overall payoff. It's not even clear from this if Jiggmin is working on PRF at all. What the heck is Bubble Racing?

I mean... the video call, like Bls said, was "kind of out of the blue", and that the call was originally gonna be about a PR2 update, which I'm sure Bls has written notes about. The whole point of the call was about the PR2 update but, fortunately, the info Bls relayed to us gives insight on Jiggmin's current creative processes as well.

This post confirmed that he's still working on game related stuff in general. Bubble Racing? Didn't even know what it would be like until now. Also, two points about PRF: he's essentially working on PRF indirectly through the development of Bubble Racing by getting familiar with something he isn't used to making stuff with (GoDot) so that he'll be more prepared for working on PRF. The other point is that it also confirms that he's still interested in creating PRF in some way, and hasn't given up on it. Although I don't know too much about GoDot, creating stuff like games can take quite a while, and learning from scratch doesn't make it easier.

Overall, it's nice to have an update from him, even if it's small. He has made one of my favorite games of all time, and it's good to know that he's still interested in expanding the series I fell in love with despite the setbacks. Personally, this update was the opposite of disappointing.
Dangevin
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Dangevin For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3, AlphaZ, Ashley766, bls1999, Dan-83, Fresh Cookies, gemj, Janelle, Northadox, Spikebot, Stxtics, Zelante
It would be really cool if he could do a segment or cameo in your v160 motley Monday update video if you are planning one
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to John m. For This Useful Post:
  • LuniFoxo
He has changed so much after missing for so long. I'm glad that you could contact him. Congratz!
Platform Racing:
--Battle Royale--
and also
Platform Racing 2.2
This is awesome to hear that Jiggmin is still around, working on the stuff and even goes on PR2 occasionally!
It would be cool to see him on the forums also if he were to come on
á