How is the pandemic treating you?
(12th July 2020, 6:53 PM)JEEJAYEM Wrote: In America, we believe that having to wear masks and not being able to dine in restaurants puts us through experiences similar enough to what holocaust victims went through to call it a violation to our human rights.
No man, it is their God-given right to not have their air droplets be obstructed, while paying $12 for one cocktail.

Also, fighting a pandemic that has killed a significant amount of people has been turned into a left versus right, Republican versus Democrat political pissing contest. Americans cannot even agree on acknowledging a deadly virus exists, let alone do any mitigation. 

Back in high school, someone I knew created a phrase that is super relevant (always is, but this case study is the epitome): "We are imprisoned by our own freedom."
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • JEEJAYEM
(12th July 2020, 7:03 PM)sychocut Wrote: Partly true, honestly.    

Like I'd literally drink with my boys on discord playing league when we were suuuuuper bored at like 3am or some shit - it's gotten that sad LMAO.

Thats whats up lol

I get super bored at work so i drink in advance to help me get through the shift hahahaha
(12th July 2020, 7:05 PM)Uptight 534 Wrote: No man, it is their God-given right to not have their air droplets be obstructed, while paying $12 for one cocktail.

Also, fighting a pandemic that has killed a significant amount of people has been turned into a left versus right, Republican versus Democrat political pissing contest. Americans cannot even agree on acknowledging a deadly virus exists, let alone do any mitigation. 

Back in high school, someone I knew created a phrase that is super relevant (always is, but this case study is the epitome): "We are imprisoned by our own freedom."

Because in America, we also like to bring politics into literally everything and always be in some kind of disagreement. You thought covid19 would unite us and have us fight through the pandemic together? Well you thought wrong
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to JEEJAYEM For This Useful Post:
  • Uptight 534
If it were up to me, we would be reopening by now. I can't see any effective way of stopping the spread of the virus except complete isolation and it's hard to force that upon the entire country.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Dealth For This Useful Post:
  • Lego-man945
Sep 3rd of 2019 I started my new position of "QA" (Quality Auditor) for a place that I worked for over 4 years. On March 23rd of 2020, everyone was called to have a meeting, The plant manger came in and explain to us that everyone worked hard and that they were laying everyone off due to covid and only a few people were allowed to continue while everyone had to wait till "august" to see if we can go back.

That moment I decided to moved from NE to OH to be w/ my gf & got my job at Amazon & now I started to work somewhere else
Went to uni a bit this term but came back home about halfway through cos everything was online anyway and decided it'd be better to be with my family and such

Also I planned to do my exams from home and I went home when it was a good time for my parents to come get me and lockdown was a strong possibility (it was then announced like a week after I went home)
á