I feel like I had seen everything
Confused 
Idk what games to play now
Life is a ? is it but death is a !. 
You never know what happens until it happens - ricky101/dotime
well, I've recently been replaying DOOM (2016) in anticipation of eventually buying DOOM Eternal. I'd totally recommend 2016 but if you're not accustomed to the series then maybe it's not for you. I'd suggest doing some research 'cause it's a truly awesome series that can easily immerse you for hours.

on the other side of the pond, I've been meaning to get back into F1 2019 because, apart from being a massive Formula One fan, the game is graphically one of the best I've ever seen. I think Codemasters (the studio behind the F1 series) don't get nearly as much praise as they should; easily one of the best studios when it comes to consistent quality and community interaction. the game can be very technical at times but can be a helluva time if you give it a chance.
You could try Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War if you enjoy LoTR
Gameplay is very similar to that of Assassins Creed other than the fact that you can create your own army.
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
Pick up any Sid Meier game (Civilization, Colonization, Pirates, etc.). I bought Civ 3 three weeks ago and I already have about sixty hours played. If you are not into the strategy genre, Pirates is very good.

(13th May 2020, 9:49 PM)gemj Wrote: on the other side of the pond, I've been meaning to get back into F1 2019 because, apart from being a massive Formula One fan, the game is graphically one of the best I've ever seen. I think Codemasters (the studio behind the F1 series) don't get nearly as much praise as they should; easily one of the best studios when it comes to consistent quality and community interaction. the game can be very technical at times but can be a helluva time if you give it a chance.

I do not know... According to Windvow8820's playthrough, this game gets more praise than it deserves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-WHdQFm1EU (20:30 to the end; ~10 minutes)

Also, NASCAR Heat 4 > F1 2019 (I jest)
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(14th May 2020, 8:28 AM)Uptight 534 Wrote: Pick up any Sid Meier game (Civilization, Colonization, Pirates, etc.). I bought Civ 3 three weeks ago and I already have about sixty hours played. If you are not into the strategy genre, Pirates is very good.

I do not know... According to Windvow8820's playthrough, this game gets more praise than it deserves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-WHdQFm1EU (20:30 to the end; ~10 minutes)

Also, NASCAR Heat 4 > F1 2019 (I jest)

hold on, I'll give it a watch after work
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Uptight 534
(14th May 2020, 6:26 PM)gemj Wrote: hold on, I'll give it a watch after work
Honestly, it is not necessary to watch all twenty minutes. Essentially the Claire video is well... Claire. The other one is a giant rant on how the game has a hard-on for Lewis Hamilton.
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(14th May 2020, 11:06 PM)Uptight 534 Wrote: Honestly, it is not necessary to watch all twenty minutes. Essentially the Claire video is well... Claire. The other one is a giant rant on how the game has a hard-on for Lewis Hamilton.

alright I can't defend Claire, that's a feature I hope gets revamped for this year's game because it's pretty bad, but the other video...

the F2 story was also something I hope was going to be expanded upon for this year but it seems that's not the case. idk if I'm really looking forward to the create-a-team thing and it seems like a risk. as someone who values realism it doesn't taste nice.

yeah, the game isn't perfect. personally, I haven't had much issue with the AI apart from track-to-track inconsistency which is something that has been happening for years, unfortunately. even some drivers have come out and said there are inconsistencies with the tracks in-game and irl, but that's something that won't be around for much longer I hope. it's possible laser-scanning tracks completely solves this and there's talk that will become normal protocol for most licensed racing games at least in the future.

as for Hamilton, well, the entire point of career mode is to advance your career and become world champion, which implies beating the man in the fastest car. Hamilton is that man and, from what I gather, windVOW8820 didn't beat him. I'm not sure what difficulty he plays on or what he expected from the game (even though he notes it's still "lightyears ahead" of competitors) but I feel he made his mind up very quickly. I won't deny that there are bugs that seem to appear every Codies game but, like I said, it's not a perfect game. when I wrote my suggestion I was mainly speaking from experience. as someone who lost their love for the sport for a number of years, the game was a marvel when compared to some of the stuff I last played (i.e. the monstrosity that was F1 2014). I got roped back in for the 2019 season and found some solace in the huge advancements the game had made when the irl competition made little (Mercedes 1-2 x1000). I'll link a Raycevick video which I think compliments my view pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgimSolzsN0
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Uptight 534