[PR2 Bug] DB connection timeout?
-- Note to self. Technical things below. --

The database connection times out if it's kept open for too long with no activity (I believe), which causes the server to crash. An example of this is PR2 Staff crashing as soon as I log out after no one has logged in for a while.

The connection is set to renew daily, but I'm wondering if it should be done more often? Maybe hourly? That would be a nice start to debugging this really obscure anomaly. The other option is to create a function to perform DB calls, and if a call fails then attempt to reconnect before crashing the entire server. That's probably the better option.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, gemj
this is fixed

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Fresh Cookies