Folding Leaders
Congrats to the top 5 folders for Team Jiggmin!
  1. Colind
  2. AlphaZ
  3. FDX3
  4. NixZiZ
  5. Platform Racing 2

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, AlphaZ, Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, Dangevin, Different, Eternal, FDX3, Fresh Cookies, gemj, Lego-man945, Mia, Mulley, new bat pr2, Stxtics, Zelante
Hope to join the club soon, once I get over this tiered internet... xwx
I’m just about to hit 25m.. I should be there soon
Nice job guys! Keep it up everyone. Smile
Time to add to the list? Wink
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fresh Cookies For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Ashley766, bls1999, gemj, Lego-man945
(8th June 2020, 5:34 PM)Fresh Cookies Wrote: Time to add to the list? Wink

Indeed! Congrats!

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
Going to be adding my name here in a few days Smile

edit: nvm going to be a bit longer Frown
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to __ For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Ashley766, edetarod, Fresh Cookies, gemj
Time to add me and Stxtics to this list Big Grin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to __ For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Stxtics
(2nd July 2020, 7:53 AM)__ Wrote: Time to add me and Stxtics to this list Big Grin

Congrats!
cc: @Stxtics

This list needs to be updated, but congratulations to everyone who's reaching 100M mark.
I planned on going for 100m, but one of the fans in my pc isn't working. I don't want it to overheat. I'm gonna stop folding and hopefully reach it if I can get the fan fixed.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
(3rd August 2020, 6:16 AM)Mystery Wrote: I planned on going for 100m, but one of the fans in my pc isn't working. I don't want it to overheat. I'm gonna stop folding and hopefully reach it if I can get the fan fixed.

You could monitor your thermals and see if overheating is even a worry because it may be fine (assuming it's a case fan), I'd recommend HWiNFO to monitor temps

Just message me if you want help with this, If the fan is dead you could change up the fan configuration (or even leave it as is depending), but I'd need to know your case model and how many fans in total there are to make a recommendation there
(3rd August 2020, 6:16 AM)Mystery Wrote: I planned on going for 100m, but one of the fans in my pc isn't working. I don't want it to overheat. I'm gonna stop folding and hopefully reach it if I can get the fan fixed.

do you even use the cpu while folding? i dont because the fan is to loud
Yeah after running that program I'm concerned cause the CPU temp reached 101.6C. That seems way too high, but I dunno. I don't know a whole lot about this.

I've set up an appointment to (hopefully) get the fan fixed. I received the computer like this, with the fan that doesn't work. Probably had this for about a week. So I'm pretty unhappy.
101.6c is definitely way too high and is near the point of causing a shutdown to save itself, is it the CPU cooler fan not working? And do you have a link to the exact PC you bought? Just wanna know more specifics
(3rd August 2020, 4:12 PM)Mystery Wrote: Yeah after running that program I'm concerned cause the CPU temp reached 101.6C. That seems way too high, but I dunno. I don't know a whole lot about this.

I've set up an appointment to (hopefully) get the fan fixed. I received the computer like this, with the fan that doesn't work. Probably had this for about a week. So I'm pretty unhappy.

That is most certainly way too high. Don't bother trying to get it fixed, just buy a new cpu cooler, can get a decent one for cheap (maybe even cheaper than what you pay the repair guy). Remember to re-apply thermal paste. And yeah you shouldn't even fold with your cpu these days, cpu folding is pretty pointless now with the ppd gpus put out.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=515167&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c5=ff3333]
(3rd August 2020, 5:03 PM)David Wrote: 101.6c is definitely way too high and is near the point of causing a shutdown to save itself, is it the CPU cooler fan not working? And do you have a link to the exact PC you bought? Just wanna know more specifics

I don't know. It's the internal fan on the rear end.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/skytech-gam...Id=6409025

See the picture, how there's a fan on the back with an LED light around it? Neither the fan or the LED light are working.

How do I stop the cpu from folding? I seriously know nothing about this. I tried removing it from the folding slot, but it reactivated itself. Nevermind, I think I figured that out.

For some reason, my GPU PPD is three times lower now. This is so frustrating.
(3rd August 2020, 5:13 PM)Mystery Wrote: I don't know. It's the internal fan on the rear end.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/skytech-gam...Id=6409025

See the picture, how there's a fan on the back with an LED light around it? Neither the fan or the LED light are working.

That rear fan working would definitely help some, but I think your CPU is still going to run hot. The case isn't the best for airflow (solid front panel with only tiny side vents for intake) and the stock CPU cooler isn't very good for running full load for long periods of time so I'd suggest not running F@h on your CPU (CPU folding isn't very good anyway, I'd just rely only on your GPU like suggested). One thing I'd suggest is removing the mesh filter from the top of your case as that will impede airflow exiting the case and isn't as necessary for exhaust anyway. Also, if your room is hot (I imagine it would be with all the folding you're doing) that'll hurt as well. Luckily the fan should be a simple fix, I assume they'll just swap the fan out assuming it's not a loose connection

Saw the updated post, just give your GPU time
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • Mia
add Addy888* to the list Big Grin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Addy For This Useful Post:
  • Mia, Robo
Congratulations to the most recent Folding Leaders. Tongue