corrections for the Historical References Guide
Eek 
before reading: i apologize for the long post but i never took the time to give my perspective on things even after i was unbanned 5 or so years ago. i was initially going to post this in the Historical References Guide thread, but as the post grew longer with more details i figured a blog would be much more sensible.

in the paragraph about me it says i was demodded and immediately banned on PR2 by the super mods/admins (melanie, b@by*G, and e46m3), but i wasn't banned by them. i'm surprised i never stated this correction after all these years. my memory is fuzzy about this next detail but some time later i was told i could've potentially just been a mod again, at least in theory, so there's no way that i got banned right away by them. i do feel like one of them said that to me as they demodded me. it was us 4 in the mod chat in PR2, they told me to join it to let me know they were aware of my account sharing and told me that i was being demodded. i was so upset that i started crying even though i could've just been a normal player lmao

the rest is true however. for some additional insight, i completely forgot that i was handing out random bans to people my friends didn't like. those friends were the same edgy people from SavsAwesomeClub (the paragraph underneath mine in the OP) and they were telling me what i should do to get back at the super mods and community while i was still a forum mod. i went along with them listing off people to ban that they didn't like for very petty reasons and they were frustrated that another mod was instantly unbanning them. so, XPA! (former mod) suggested that i prune the forums since, unlike bans, it cannot be reversed. eventually Jiggmin got on the forums to demod me. while typing this post i was about to say it was him that banned me on PR2, but i remember now that it actually wasn't him. in gloriously stupid irony XPA! was actually the one who banned me on PR2 right after i did the pruning. i was just sitting in chat not doing anything and he typed along a bit until he said "oh shit" which was his way of being like, well i guess i gotta do this to punish you. i don't really understand why because if Jiggmin wanted me banned on PR2 then that's up to him, but i guess someone had to do it. it just sucked knowing he was the one who suggested the pruning and he suddenly banned me on PR2. i wasn't going to do anything malicious as a member, especially not on PR2, and within days i was already making forum alts posting apologies and getting instantly banned for it every time, which was really, really frustrating.

in all honesty i think i avoided my part in the Historical References Guide over the years because it portrayed the wrong image of me. despite being young i tried to always show a sociable and friendly side because i felt PR2 and JV were a great place for me to spread positivity, even to this day. i've also shown other traits of myself in this community in the past: i'm all about having fun even if it's at my own expense, which led to me foolishly sharing my mod account; i adapt to others after i understand them, which led to me being a part of the wrong group; and my fatal flaw was the rush of a 12 year old's emotions after being demodded. all in all i felt ashamed of everything and that's probably why i never wanted to correct the information, in the past i would've preferred if it just didn't exist. i used to feel like it damaged my reputation and that there was no escaping how i'll always be that kid who pruned the forums. the worst part was the screenshot at the end of it all, i was just going with the flow and basically regurgitating the usual stupid stuff that was said by my friend group since i was the younger and more impressionable one. "for the epic lulz," "it's hilarious XD," and mentioning ellie and XPA! as fellow mods who can "raise hell" just because they were a part of that chat. ellie was actually very polite and XPA! wasn't too terrible, just strange. he's a scummy guy for outside reasons that i won't get into on a public forum.

with all of that said, thanks for reading if you made it this far! i don't think i ever took the time to publicly clear the air about that whole event. i wish i had screenshots of everything as proof but i never thought about it in the moment with how emotional i got. the only thing i screenshotted was the page for forum pruning, i can try to look for that but it's nothing too remarkable.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Forseti For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley00, Ashley766, ClassyElephant, Dangevin, gemj, Northadox, Zelante
It's nice that you finally got it off your chest. It's all in the past now and I'm sure it won't effect anything you do from now on. We were all young back then and we all did stupid things. You've been a great person since all this and respect to you for letting it all out, was quite interesting to read how it actually went down
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to a7x3 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Forseti, gemj, Zelante
(20th May 2020, 11:59 AM)a7x3 Wrote: It's nice that you finally got it off your chest. It's all in the past now and I'm sure it won't effect anything you do from now on. We were all young back then and we all did stupid things. You've been a great person since all this and respect to you for letting it all out, was quite interesting to read how it actually went down

for sure Smile i'm glad to have shared good times with you in this community, and because of that i really appreciate the kind words. it means even more to me, thank you for the compliments!
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Forseti For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3
https://imgur.com/a/01GLIta

here's my screenshot collection from my old computer! there's a little bit of funny stuff as well as old names and moments. it's kinda interesting to see them all compiled together. i have a tiny bit more but they're nothing special, and one is more private so it has no reason to be posted publicly. i'm mainly just talking about a screenshot of two people that were upset that i was chosen as a temp mod over them one time. i get it though, i knew them both personally and maybe they had a rough day, maybe they were just really looking forward to it, who knows honestly. it doesn't matter anyway.

---

a bit of an addition to my wall of text is that especially after i got banned, i felt like i never really had a niche in the community. i'm no artist, i'm not a level maker, i'm good at the game but not great, i was kind of high ranked at the time but not the highest.... the best i had was getting along with everyone by way of being friendly. it helped me make my way towards being recognized and becoming a mod too. after things crashed down two months into being a mod it really sucked to lose everything here and get banned.

fortunately, i sort of redeemed myself after my community ban. i got into a minecraft community with several servers (for fun game modes) where mods were a necessity and very common (there were a LOT of them) and i even made it above the basic mod position there twice, in different years! it wasn't as high of a staff role as i had hoped but i was very satisfied and happy. i think being admin (or near admin, their staff ranks were complicated lol) can get way too technical anyways, and moderating is very overrated in itself. it was perfect for me because my position of being a "veteran mod" as they called it allowed me to set a good example for the other mods, and more importantly i enjoyed every moment of it all. i always had a great time, it was so much fun... but i digress. i don't mean to make being a mod sound like my sense of validation; i just wanted to be someone people looked up to. that doesn't even require being a staff member at all.

with all of that said, i got what i wished for and thankfully unlike when i was a kid in JV/PR2, both times i left that community, it was on a good note with simple resignations. in terms of here, i was allowed back into PR2 at first and started getting temp mod from time to time and i even ended up being a mod/admin in python's acid chat! back then that really helped me come to terms with my identity in the community, all thanks to him and the great members & memories of that chat! and a special thanks to the ever-forgiving jiggmin as well since he was the one who gave his approval to unban me on JV after a couple years too! Smile
  • TRUC
(20th May 2020, 3:52 PM)Forseti Wrote: https://imgur.com/a/01GLIta

So many old names in there Noob
It's cool to see my birthday twins Python and Arceptor lol

I wish I had kept screenshots from thsoe days too, unfortunately I only learned how to take a screenie in 2012 lol
If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to TRUC For This Useful Post:
  • Forseti
(20th May 2020, 4:36 PM)TRUC Wrote: So many old names in there Noob
It's cool to see my birthday twins Python and Arceptor lol

I wish I had kept screenshots from thsoe days too, unfortunately I only learned how to take a screenie in 2012 lol

all three of you share the same birthday? those are some crazy odds.. also lol @ screenshot part
(20th May 2020, 5:02 PM)Forseti Wrote: all three of you share the same birthday? those are some crazy odds.. also lol @ screenshot part

Python is like 3 hours older than me, and Arceptor is the baby of the group by about 6 hours IIRC
If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to TRUC For This Useful Post:
  • Forseti
(20th May 2020, 5:11 PM)TRUC Wrote: Python is like 3 hours older than me, and Arceptor is the baby of the group by about 6 hours IIRC

you guys are the best triplets in JV (by process of elimination because who else is) for sure
Well.. if it makes you feel any better I didn't remember you as the "kid who pruned the forums". I'm glad you've made your way back here tbh... and we've all made mistakes. You've clearly grown and matured enough to admit your mistakes and that says a lot about you already. Smile
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • Forseti
sorry that was my only contribution to your introduction thread. since I was not around in those days, I have only read about you from the historical references guide.

I think your story has become a cool part of JV lore rather than a dark mark on the community. especially since the community has gone separate ways, those who have stuck around have formed new memories and reputations.

you're welcome here with no hard feelings about your past. Smile
[Image: 8bs0tw4.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ClassyElephant For This Useful Post:
  • Forseti
thank you to both of you! i'm yeeeears late but i figured it's worth bringing up since people still remember it from time to time, including the past few days with some people saying stuff in PR2 chat like "why is your name familiar to me" or mentioning me being the person who pruned. by time i got unbanned around 2011 (and stopped being active in about... 2012? 2013?) i was definitely over it, but i just never spoke openly about it and kept it to myself. in a sense it's cathartic to have it somewhere on JV. better late than never, right?

(22nd May 2020, 12:33 AM)ClassyElephant Wrote: sorry that was my only contribution to your introduction thread. since I was not around in those days, I have only read about you from the historical references guide.

i'm glad i got some warm welcomes, so i don't mind how someone chooses to reply if at all. it's all good! that historical references thread itself was initially written by someone when they were young and i always felt that it was too opinionated, at least in the older parts. the fact that you only know me from that thread alone is good enough reason for me to explain some things, although maybe it could've been a bit shorter. i hope you found it an interesting story to read! to be honest i was just bored and lurking around, i saw something incorrect, then i just ended up wanting to tell the full story, especially after mentioning it in my intro thread. i had nothing better to do :p and i agree with the rest of your post, a LOT of time has gone by and the community is different yet the same.

thanks again for the nice responses and to anyone else for the kind reception, i appreciate it. my past self would've been very glad to see it Smile
  • Janelle