Player Level Indicator
have you ever wondered where everyone is at? have you been waiting for someone to finish a level or not sure what level they joined? well i have the solution for you! introducing the stalker tool everyone has been wanting for! aka the player level indicator. what is the player level indicator? well, a its just a new message on the username that shows what level people are playing. how much will this cost? it will only cost your support to get enough attention so it could possibly get into the game so it would be easier to locate someone while your in the lobby. just 1 like under this post is all it will cost you, so please donate today so that the people who are confused and dont know where people is at can have some help. thank you for your time and support.

[Image: w42sIpC.png]
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Addy For This Useful Post:
  • Ajayci 100, Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, Dangevin, JEEJAYEM, John m., lalafox, Master Raiden, ProClifo
If there'd be an option to disable it then I'd be for it, some people don't want others to know where they are playing at times. Also, if it could detect when someone is in level editor as well that'd be great (this part has been suggested before I think)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, edetarod
I think a generic status could work fine
i.e:
"In level"
"In Lobby"
"In Level Editor" (A check is done every, say, 5 minutes and if the user isn't in LE or has internet off it'll go back to displaying as offline, this way if you close PR2 while in LE it doesn't show you as in there forever)
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(21st May 2020, 2:39 PM)David Wrote: If there'd be an option to disable it then I'd be for it, some people don't want others to know where they are playing at times. Also, if it could detect when someone is in level editor as well that'd be great (this part has been suggested before I think)

Doing anything with the LE, in this case, is tricky since the client will currently log a user out if they go into the LE. The connection to the server would have to persist, which would require a rethink of the mechanics surrounding the transition from the server to LE. It's possible... but would that be worth it vs. just saying they're offline?

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, gemj
(21st May 2020, 6:57 PM)bls1999 Wrote: Doing anything with the LE, in this case, is tricky since the client will currently log a user out if they go into the LE. The connection to the server would have to persist, which would require a rethink of the mechanics surrounding the transition from the server to LE. It's possible... but would that be worth it vs. just saying they're offline?

Hmm doesn't sound like it's worth it, better to put that time towards better updates
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
*laughs in pr3 discord rich presence*
i failed the mario twitter challenge
(22nd May 2020, 12:18 AM)ThePizzaEater1000 Wrote: *laughs in pr3 discord rich presence*

tbf I barely use that
cos I use browser discord most of the time, only time I don't is when I'm watching someone stream via discord and want to VC (cos it won't let me on browser)
or if I want to discord party with someone in SAR (if they don't have the paid ver)
á
(21st May 2020, 2:39 PM)David Wrote: If there'd be an option to disable it then I'd be for it, some people don't want others to know where they are playing at times. Also, if it could detect when someone is in level editor as well that'd be great (this part has been suggested before I think)
[Image: nyx4Wnv.png]
[Image: gWu2Jq2.png]
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ProClifo For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, Ajax-iwnl, Ashley766, bls1999, Camer the Dragon, Dangevin, Janelle, lalafox
Id love to see this added! Of course people like simmers would want a option to have it disabled so we cant mess with them :p. Not trying to accuse anyone of that tho
(24th May 2020, 10:57 AM)platform guy Wrote: Id love to see this added! Of course people like simmers would want a option to have it disabled so we cant mess with them :p. Not trying to accuse anyone of that tho

I mean they can just make more sim levels if they need surely
á
(24th May 2020, 10:57 AM)platform guy Wrote: Id love to see this added! Of course people like simmers would want a option to have it disabled so we cant mess with them :p. Not trying to accuse anyone of that tho

Hadn't even thought about that despite me macroing for quite a while lol, but that's a great example for why having it optional is best. Another example I thought of recently was hunting for the artifact, if someone is getting close to finding the artifact but someone else sees what levels they are playing well now they might miss it since they essentially just gave everyone a big clue on where to look or they may have even found the level but are having difficulty finishing it and someone better sees that level they're playing and snatches it up

(24th May 2020, 12:39 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: I mean they can just make more sim levels if they need surely

I don't see how that helps lol, if anyone can see where you're playing and wants to mess with your sim/macro it doesn't matter how many levels you create as they'll just see the new ones you're playing
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • edetarod
(24th May 2020, 2:58 PM)David Wrote: I don't see how that helps lol, if anyone can see where you're playing and wants to mess with your sim/macro it doesn't matter how many levels you create as they'll just see the new ones you're playing

more of a challenge to get exp Cool

but I do think it should just say "In level" yea
cos levels with super long names and long usernames could be annoying
á