JV Scavenger Hunt
Update.

I've decided I'm going to scrap this hunt and am currently working on a new one.

In case you wanted to know, the clue on Dreamland was "comments". At the end of the level, it was written "pm comments to Mr. Toasty". I made a JV account called Mr. Toasty that you were supposed to pm "comments" to.

The level "not another useful level" was suppoesd to be used in the 5th clue. I failed to see that playing Newbieland 2 would give the hint away. PMing the number of trophies in mapleleaf's hall of fame was actually the second-to-last clue in the hunt.

I apologize for not replying to your PMs as timely as I could. I had a surprise work call and had to go in for pretty much the entire weekend after I made this thread.

Some changes I'm making to the new hunt:
1. Not using text tool for info in PR2 levels, and actually writing it out. Also will be using more advice given to me by the super-helpful TRUC.
2. Eliminating the human element for progression entirely. I'm using a couple of websites to help remove myself from the equation, since response times were varied.
3. Making the actual hunt less confusing, with less overlapping clues.

I'm hoping I can get the new hunt up-and-running this weekend. Thank you guys for bearing with me. This thread can be locked/deleted, since this one is effectively done.
[Image: 8bs0tw4.png]
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ClassyElephant For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3, Ashley766, David, gemj, Janelle, JEEJAYEM, Lego-man945, TRUC
Bruh I pm'd the PR2 account mr toasty "comments" could that not have sufficied? :lennyface:
Arrow
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Appah For This Useful Post:
  • JEEJAYEM
(10th June 2020, 6:24 PM)Appah Wrote: Bruh I pm'd the PR2 account mr toasty "comments" could that not have sufficied? :lennyface:
unfortunately no. I didn't have access to that account and he didn't agree to participate. ;-;
[Image: 8bs0tw4.png]
(10th June 2020, 6:27 PM)ClassyElephant Wrote: unfortunately no. I didn't have access to that account and he didn't agree to participate. ;-;
I was memeing, although I do feel it should have been made clearer that the pm was intended on JV.
Reasonable assumption would be to PM the account associated directly with the hint rather than find it elsewhere.
Arrow
We'll consider this the trial run Wink
I'm sure the next run will be better Smile excited to participate!
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
Wow lol, I had actually thought about PMing the Mr. Toasty on here but didn't think about PMing the word "comments" and didn't know of anything to say so never went through with it

Look forward to the next hunt
(10th June 2020, 6:19 PM)ClassyElephant Wrote: This thread can be locked/deleted, since this one is effectively done.

Thanks for the update! I'm sure we can all appreciate the candor. Looking forward to v2!

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.