How are you feeling today?
(8th February 2021, 1:28 AM)Mystery Wrote: Thanks for asking. Actually no, I'm worse.  Haven't been happy yet in February. Got to the point where I've contemplated cutting myself, which is something I've never considered, nor do I want to consider it. I haven't been taking care of myself, and now my skin condition is flaring up. I should've been treating it. I called into work today because I was too sad to go in. I feel so alone all the time, even when I'm around people. I don't know what to do anymore. I just want to be happy.

Please keep moving forward, I promise happiness will come Smile
Also, message me on Discord if you ever want to talk about it, I can relate to an extent and I believe it helps talking it out. ^^
Taking a day off of work for your mental health is something that all jobs should understand, I'm afraid if I said I needed a mental health day I'd still be expected to be into work. =/
You'll be happy, I know it! One day at a time. It does get better. I was at the lowest I've ever been in December, and I removed myself from everything toxic in my life and am now in a much better place. Though, I definitely still have my bad days.
If I can suggest some suggestions, maybe therapy? Medication? Meditation? I take medication, because I currently don't have the money to afford a therapist, though I wish I did.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • Mia
Hi guys! I'm doing well today, woke up early this morning because of insomnia, but then went back to sleep for a couple hours. I had a great workout at the gym, and I plan to do another home workout later on today.

I'm mostly so glad that I finally got a new laptop since mine was broken and "gEtTiNg RePaIrEd" for two weeks.

How're you guys c:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • Mia, Zeppy
(17th February 2021, 9:42 PM)Mystery Wrote: My mental health is improving cause I've been talking to a good friend, and calling into work (when need be) to take care of myself. I'm putting my mental health above my job right now, cause if I'm not happy, then what's the point? So feeling better. I hope it continues to get better. I want to reach a point where I can maintain happiness.

I'm so glad your mental health has been improving, it really is super important (even to your physical health). Make sure to put yourself first for as long as you feel the need to Smile

My mental health has also continued to improve. I've started new meds about a week ago, been getting up so much earlier than I'm used to (hard... but worth it), working, and working out a lot more. I'm proud of the both of us. <3
  • Mia, Zeppy
I'm probably a bit late to this whole thread, but I just want to say to everyone here that even though I may not be close to anybody, I am really proud of everyone here, and I do truly wish all the best for everyone reading this.

Life has been super rough and super stressful, especially at times like these, and it makes me happy to see people are still trying their best on doing well and are even going forward and looking out for themselves. I am one to very often put others before me, and I'd be happy to talk with anybody that would want to just talk or vent, even privately. I do wish everyone to be safe and healthy, and I'd be glad to help out however I can. I also hope to post here more regularly from time to time to get along with everyone more. Smile

As for my day, this past week has been pretty alright for me, nothing too eventful, just tired mostly.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeppy For This Useful Post:
  • Janelle, Mia
(20th February 2021, 11:35 PM)Zeppy Wrote: I'm probably a bit late to this whole thread, but I just want to say to everyone here that even though I may not be close to anybody, I am really proud of everyone here, and I do truly wish all the best for everyone reading this.

Life has been super rough and super stressful, especially at times like these, and it makes me happy to see people are still trying their best on doing well and are even going forward and looking out for themselves. I am one to very often put others before me, and I'd be happy to talk with anybody that would want to just talk or vent, even privately. I do wish everyone to be safe and healthy, and I'd be glad to help out however I can. I also hope to post here more regularly from time to time to get along with everyone more. Smile

As for my day, this past week has been pretty alright for me, nothing too eventful, just tired mostly.

Nah, nobody is ever late to this thread Smile welcome.
Thank you for also being so kind and offering to be someone that people can come to to talk and/ or vent. This is really what this thread (and this community) is about. Being there for each other whenever it's needed. Thank you for your kind words ^^ good to see some positivity.
I hope this week goes better for you <3
  • Zeppy
(21st February 2021, 9:28 PM)Mystery Wrote: I appreciate the kind words @Zeppy

My thumb locked in place for like, 20 seconds. It's the third time that's happened, I think. It's called trigger finger, and is probably happening because of my tendonitis. It wasn't horribly painful, at least. I just hope it doesn't start happening more often. I hope you guys are doing good. I'm feeling alright, for now. Hopefully this work week goes better than the last one.

Oh dear..was it the third time today this week, or just overall? I'm glad it wasn't painful, but I suggest asking about it the next time you see a doctor. If it happens again sometime soon then I really suggest you get it checked out at least. Good thing it wasn't too painful, but I can imagine it still hurt a bit. I'm glad you're feeling alright at the moment and I do wish for you to have a much better week than the last.

I'm doing alright! Personally don't have too much to complain about yet. You're very welcome for the kind words. I do believe you are doing very well at keeping yourself well and for that, you are strong. Smile
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Zeppy For This Useful Post:
  • Mia
(21st February 2021, 9:28 PM)Mystery Wrote: I appreciate the kind words @Zeppy

My thumb locked in place for like, 20 seconds. It's the third time that's happened, I think. It's called trigger finger, and is probably happening because of my tendonitis. It wasn't horribly painful, at least. I just hope it doesn't start happening more often. I hope you guys are doing good. I'm feeling alright, for now. Hopefully this work week goes better than the last one.

=3= Ugh, I hope your thumb gets to feeling better.. or just, not lock? I'm sure that gets a little frightening when that occurs.
My day was good today... very uneventful. but good. ^^ Thank you
  • Mia
I have to say that seeing a thread like this and reading through all the replies has been very nice to see, especially in times such as these. Whether it's reading through the experiences people have had during their days, or people being supportive whenever someone has had a rough day, or week, and whatnot, it has been heartwarming to read through those! Good to see a few people I still remember from the original forums a long time back also, either here or over on the acid forums. Goodness, has it been 10 years already?

I'm an unknown around here (at least for as long as I don't disclose my old name) and I had planned to stick to lurking once I made my account on here but after seeing this thread, I felt I had to post something after I created my account, and will likely contribute to it over time. So it's nice to meet you guys! And whatever happens in our lives, I wish everyone here the best with anything and everything that comes their way.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lambdadelta For This Useful Post:
  • Janelle, Mia, Zeppy
(24th February 2021, 2:25 PM)Lambdadelta Wrote: I have to say that seeing a thread like this and reading through all the replies has been very nice to see, especially in times such as these. Whether it's reading through the experiences people have had during their days, or people being supportive whenever someone has had a rough day, or week, and whatnot, it has been heartwarming to read through those! Good to see a few people I still remember from the original forums a long time back also, either here or over on the acid forums. Goodness, has it been 10 years already?

I'm an unknown around here (at least for as long as I don't disclose my old name) and I had planned to stick to lurking once I made my account on here but after seeing this thread, I felt I had to post something after I created my account, and will likely contribute to it over time. So it's nice to meet you guys! And whatever happens in our lives, I wish everyone here the best with anything and everything that comes their way.

Thank you ^^ I created this thread so that people can express their feelings and feel heard. I find it comforting that people are comfortable with telling me these things. Makes me very happy Smile

Welcome back to the village Big Grin I'm Janelle Tongue . Thank you for thinking highly of this thread and contributing, it really means a lot. I try my best to comment to everyone and make sure they feel welcome. It is very nice to meet you, as well. I hope you stick around for a while!
  • Lambdadelta
(22nd February 2021, 12:16 AM)Zeppy Wrote: Oh dear..was it the third time today this week, or just overall? I'm glad it wasn't painful, but I suggest asking about it the next time you see a doctor. If it happens again sometime soon then I really suggest you get it checked out at least. Good thing it wasn't too painful, but I can imagine it still hurt a bit. I'm glad you're feeling alright at the moment and I do wish for you to have a much better week than the last.

I'm doing alright! Personally don't have too much to complain about yet. You're very welcome for the kind words. I do believe you are doing very well at keeping yourself well and for that, you are strong. Smile

Third time overall, thankfully. I'm hoping it won't return, or become more frequent. I know my mom had the same issue where it was happening very frequently, and she had to get surgery.

(22nd February 2021, 1:49 AM)Janelle Wrote: =3= Ugh, I hope your thumb gets to feeling better.. or just, not lock? I'm sure that gets a little frightening when that occurs.
My day was good today... very uneventful. but good. ^^ Thank you

Yeah, it's kinda scary not being able to move my thumb. Glad you had a good day! I had a pretty good week, despite a toe infection and the locked thumb moment.

(24th February 2021, 2:25 PM)Lambdadelta Wrote: I have to say that seeing a thread like this and reading through all the replies has been very nice to see, especially in times such as these. Whether it's reading through the experiences people have had during their days, or people being supportive whenever someone has had a rough day, or week, and whatnot, it has been heartwarming to read through those! Good to see a few people I still remember from the original forums a long time back also, either here or over on the acid forums. Goodness, has it been 10 years already?

It's nice to meet you! I'm Mystery. You might remember me as Sheepit or named444 on JV, but hopefully you don't remember me. I wasn't very nice on there... It's nice to see new people posting in this thread. Being able to have a place to vent, where people actually care what I have to say... it's helped me in more ways than I can express.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Janelle, Lambdadelta, Zeppy
(26th February 2021, 3:18 AM)Mystery Wrote: It's nice to meet you! I'm Mystery. You might remember me as Sheepit or named444 on JV, but hopefully you don't remember me. I wasn't very nice on there... It's nice to see new people posting in this thread. Being able to have a place to vent, where people actually care what I have to say... it's helped me in more ways than I can express.

RIP, gonna make me cry (a good cry).

I've been having issues sleeping... I've been tired, just unable to sleep. I finally tried some Magnesium Calm Sleeping Powder last night and it helped wonders. I slept for about 9 1/2 - 10 hours and now I'm all up and ready for work. I feel relaxed and well-rested. Still gonna get some coffee before work though... just in case Tongue

Today I work for 6 hours and then I plan on coming home for a couple hours and relaxing until dinner plans with my friends a few hours later.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. <3
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Lambdadelta, Mia, Zeppy
Thanks, I hope your weekend is wonderful too @Janelle

My toenail was removed and my toe is stinging but I won't let it crush my mood!

Peppermint tea helps me fall asleep. Smile

I don't want to sound judgmental, but stimulants like coffee might be the reason why you're having trouble sleeping (It's why I'm trying to cut back on the caffeinated tea). Or maybe... try not to drink coffee within a few hours before you go to bed? I dunno.

Nothing planned for this weekend, but that's okay.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Janelle, Zeppy
I'm good. I got an A on my midterm 😊 Big Grin
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • Janelle, Lambdadelta, Mia, Zeppy
(24th February 2021, 6:45 PM)Janelle Wrote: Thank you ^^ I created this thread so that people can express their feelings and feel heard. I find it comforting that people are comfortable with telling me these things. Makes me very happy Smile

Welcome back to the village Big Grin I'm Janelle Tongue . Thank you for thinking highly of this thread and contributing, it really means a lot. I try my best to comment to everyone and make sure they feel welcome. It is very nice to meet you, as well. I hope you stick around for a while!

Thank you for the welcome, and nice to meet you too Janelle! It's good to have a thread for that purpose, definitely plan to stick around even if it's just this thread that I contribute to. Really appreciate that you made a thread like this for people with that in mind.

(26th February 2021, 3:18 AM)Mystery Wrote: It's nice to meet you! I'm Mystery. You might remember me as Sheepit or named444 on JV, but hopefully you don't remember me. I wasn't very nice on there... It's nice to see new people posting in this thread. Being able to have a place to vent, where people actually care what I have to say... it's helped me in more ways than I can express.

Nice to meet you as well Mystery! And yeah, a place where you can speak how you feel and knowing others care for what you have to say is comforting to have and I'm glad you have that. I have to say that one of the highlights when reading through all the posts was seeing your one co-worker finally getting fired some months back, she sounded like a real 'piece of work' so to speak from your posts about them before that point, and the fact people were celebrating her departure shows just how much of a problem she was to you and others there.

On another note, I am aware of who you were in the past (I've lurked the acid forums a lot before coming here in all fairness), but don't worry! I'm here to tell you that you have come a long way since then and I'm actually proud of you for being able to change and improve on yourself the way you have. It's something I respect a lot. So no matter how you may be feeling on some days I just want to let you know that, if anything, you should feel proud for what you have achieved to this point.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lambdadelta For This Useful Post:
  • Janelle, Mia, Zeppy
(26th February 2021, 10:58 AM)Mystery Wrote: Thanks, I hope your weekend is wonderful too @Janelle

My toenail was removed and my toe is stinging but I won't let it crush my mood!

Peppermint tea helps me fall asleep. Smile

I don't want to sound judgmental, but stimulants like coffee might be the reason why you're having trouble sleeping (It's why I'm trying to cut back on the caffeinated tea). Or maybe... try not to drink coffee within a few hours before you go to bed? I dunno.

Nothing planned for this weekend, but that's okay.

I actually on drink coffee in the mornings (between 7AM-10AM) before or during work. Other than that, I really don’t have caffeine. So none at night which then should still allow me to sleep. /:

(26th February 2021, 6:31 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: I'm good. I got an A on my midterm 😊 Big Grin

Congratulations girl! So excited for you Smile
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Lambdadelta, Mia, Zeppy
I'm feeling great today, must be the sunny and (decently) warm weather ^^

I started my morning out with a good leg workout, and then grabbed some coffee. I have a tattoo appointment later, so wish me some luck w that... it's going to be pretty painful... I assume. =/ but they'll look pretty afterwards Smile

Hope you're all having a good day so far!
  • Lambdadelta, Zeppy
(1st March 2021, 12:15 PM)Janelle Wrote: I'm feeling great today, must be the sunny and (decently) warm weather ^^

I started my morning out with a good leg workout, and then grabbed some coffee. I have a tattoo appointment later, so wish me some luck w that... it's going to be pretty painful... I assume. =/ but they'll look pretty afterwards Smile

Hope you're all having a good day so far!

Glad to hear you're having a good day! I would have liked some warm weather, it's been pretty chilly today lol. Also I hope the tattoo appointment went well (or best of luck if you haven't had it yet).

My day has been okay, just a relatively slow day for me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lambdadelta For This Useful Post:
  • Janelle, Zeppy
(1st March 2021, 9:17 PM)Lambdadelta Wrote: Glad to hear you're having a good day! I would have liked some warm weather, it's been pretty chilly today lol. Also I hope the tattoo appointment went well (or best of luck if you haven't had it yet).

My day has been okay, just a relatively slow day for me.

oh it’s pretty chilly here too today... just anything above 40 in February-March is considered very warm here. Tongue and thank you! The appointment went very well.
  • Lambdadelta, Zeppy
(2nd March 2021, 8:11 AM)Mystery Wrote: Right now, I'm just happy to be alive. I got to go home early today, which was nice, cause I got to ease my way back to standing on my toe again. It's feeling slightly better each day! But otherwise, just feeling blessed to be a part of this community. Maybe it's sappy to keep saying how much I love this community, but... oh well. *shrug*

That's what we like to hear Smile

I'm glad your toe is feeling better... this community has definitely done wonders to plenty and plenty of people, including myself. I don't know where else I'd be able to communicate my thoughts and feelings better than here.
  • Lambdadelta, Mia
Good morning, all! I'm feeling well rested and ready for my day. I've started journaling every day some positive thoughts to get my day started with a mentally healthy mindset. I very much recommend it for you guys Tongue

How're ya'll?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bls1999, Lambdadelta